• Day 5

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • T/20 or ODI cricket, please!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pardon me if this has been done before, but if you had to watch only one day's play of a test match which day would you choose?

For me it would probably be the third day. It's normally the period when the match starts to take shape and you probably will get a good chance to see both teams bat and bowl.

P

pcfan123

not sure about day, but I like the start of the 3rd innings. Can swing the game either way.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Day 1, especially if you're going to the game. I've never gone to a test match I didn't watch the first ball of.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like the 1st and 2nd day of test Cricket cause they are two major days which decide the strengths of team.
I like the fifth day too, if the game isn't going towards a draw.

Owzat

International Coach
1st day, all the build up, anticipation and the game isn't anyway towards swinging one way or the other.

I will say though that with the pitches and one sided Tests you can get it does spoil day one. Sides scoring 300+ for 2/3 wickets is a match killer for me, I prefer it even if the side batting first is bowled out for say 260 because you anticipate perhaps an even contest.

How often a) does day five happen?, b) is it not a battle for survival? and c) is close fought with either side able to win?

As for days 2-4, you simply don't know where the Test will be so how can you possibly guess which one will be best? That is it, it would be a guess. You know the match will be drawing to a dull or exciting conclusion if the match reaches day five, you can guess the match might be evenly poised on day three, but you simply can't know in advance. Unless you are asking if we can remember the best days of Tests overall in which case, do me a favour! :facepalm

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Day 4-5 if the pitch deteriorates and especially when the target is set around 250-300 and the batsmen struggle due to the variable bounce and turn in the wicket but the problem nowadays is that even a score of 500 looks easily chasable, it's just a matter of time before scores like 500 will be easily chased by the teams and the real fun of test cricket will be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread