Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date
Just staggered at the content/price ratio.....it seems in first instance obscene.....
Struggling to disagree tbh, will be very interesting to see numbers sold in about 3 months time. Perhaps they are banking on good Xmas sales?

Hate to throw the phrase cash grab around but its hard to call $90 for an arcade game with no depth in modes anything else.

Not that we're the target market but this is a big turnaround from Big Ant and Cricket Australia giving the mobile game away for free last year.

Honestly $30-$40 with some form of career mode or even a limited ultimate team clone/knockoff and this game would flown off the shelves

Oooft, that price, I mean I'd definitely buy a full fledged cricket game at that price.

That camera choice when the ball has been hit is pretty uninspired, give me a sweet broadcast style shot so i can admire the shots I'm pulling off.

I've heard NBA Jam being said by staff in describing this game, but has anyone there played that game? it's absolutely perfect, the game just flows and it's super fast and there's hardly any camera cuts if any. Now I know that's pretty hard to do because basketball has a natural flow, but i feel there could be ways to smooth out the gameplay, too many camera cuts, get me back into the action straight away.

I could go on but i don;t think it's worth it.

Looking forward to the possibility of a DBC/Ashes on switch.

Yeah, nah - not at that price. I’m sure Ross will talk about small markets and economies of scale etc but that’s steep for what’s essentially a novelty.

From a video I saw it looks like there is only on option of 5 or 10 overs per match which seems odd for a game based on t20

While the game looks decent and a bit of fun to play, I won't be getting it unless the price goes down because in my personal opinion the game doesn't have enough depth to be charged at 90 Australian dollars to buy.

From watching on YouTube there is quite a few nice little touches in the game that look good but there also seems to be a few issues that people with the game may face. The only reason I reckon they are charging this 'NBA Jam Inspired' Big Bash game at 90 Australian Dollars is because all the Men's and Women's players are officially licensed in the game which is a great addition that the players are all licensed but not necessarily for this price point.

Considering BA had to work with Cricket Australia and the BBL on this game with all the licensing for players and stadiums it may not be Big Ant's fault for the game costing so much, it could be due to Cricket Australia and the BBL deciding on this price.

Anyway, people that have the game already what do you think about it? Let me know your thoughts....[DOUBLEPOST=1543473843][/DOUBLEPOST]
From a video I saw it looks like there is only on option of 5 or 10 overs per match which seems odd for a game based on t20
There is options for a 3, 5, 10 and 20 Over match mate so don't worry about there being no T20 option.

Considering BA had to work with Cricket Australia and the BBL on this game with all the licensing for players and stadiums it may not be Big Ant's fault for the game costing so much, it could be due to Cricket Australia and the BBL deciding on this price.

Anyway, people that have the game already what do you think about it? Let me know your thoughts...

May have a point there on CA and BBL having a large say in the price, but we'll likely never know, either way it's way overpriced for what little there is to do in the game.

Definitely needs further patches to fix a lot of issues it has, seems to have the issue AO and TWT have where the ball contact points are off with the bat or fielders.
Random teleportation movement from the keeper, bowler and fielders.
No replay option for anything, not even wickets or boundaries!
No camera options and often the camera stays fixed behind the batsman or bowler, depending on if you're batting or bowling at the time.

So this game is pretty bloody fun, my only worry is replay-ability over time. Could see it being a huge hit if the whole family or friends get involved and I really hope the online community gives it a go!

So this game is pretty bloody fun, my only worry is replay-ability over time. Could see it being a huge hit if the whole family or friends get involved and I really hope the online community gives it a go!

The cost will be the deciding factor for most, no doubting if it was even set at $50AUD it will sell a hell of lot more copies than what it's been set at currently.

Users who are viewing this thread