• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we need to steer clear of using this thread as a means to discussing employment ethics of BA or any other company. Let's stick to discussing the game as such. It is pure speculation.
Kind of agree.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Well put it this way : nobody working at BA is going to come on PC to participate in threads where people are discussing former BA staff complaints about the BA work environment and the CEO.

If you wanted to design a special kind of kryptonite to repel all current staff from the boards, that's probably it.

D

Dutch

Well put it this way : nobody working at BA is going to come on PC to participate in threads where people are discussing former BA staff complaints about the BA work environment and the CEO.

If you wanted to design a special kind of kryptonite to repel all current staff from the boards, that's probably it.
Amen brother....

Reactions: DAP

Chief

Panel of Selectors

I see your point, but not convinced.
Plenty of times I've been involved on threads where other people are discussing things that I would never have commented on: just because other people are slinging mud around doesn't mean it sticks to you (unless you throw back etc)

I think it's more important to discuss the fact that Glassdoor is hardly a great yardstick - The people most likely to post a review are the ones that felt slighted. If Big Ant have only produced a handful of those in like the 10 years that it has been "a thing" then that's not bad going tbh.
Before we start to not talk about it, let's challenge the validity of it a little - I'm always wary of these sort of sites where you can anonymously gripe.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
So apart from myself, has anyone else actually got the game? Expecting a solid no from most given I haven't seen anyone suggest that they've done so.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Well no pc release and no xbox release out of Australia a broken switch release and a £30 price tag for ps4 .Wouldn't expect many takers

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A mate of mine purchased the switch version and I went over to check it out and saying that it is unplayable is an understatement. Big Ant should be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed to release a game in this state. List of issues we encountered included:

Horrendous Load Times
Frame rates dropping to ~5 fps
Catching not working
Input lag
Game actually froze
The Batsman actually disappeared during the game
Motion controls not functional
Run out while in crease
Fielders Teleporting
Free Hit not working as intended (you can be given out from a free hit by being caught or bowled)
Camera issues
Runs not counting properly (When you run and get run out it still gives you the run)

So disappointed as the game had potential to be a fun little arcade take on the BBL, but somehow they have managed to absolutely mess this up spectacularly. You would have thought that foundations were pretty much set with the DBC series and Ashes Cricket to build and expand on this but how they got this so horribly wrong is beyond me. Is the PS4 version much better ?

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Plenty of times I've been involved on threads where other people are discussing things that I would never have commented on: just because other people are slinging mud around doesn't mean it sticks to you (unless you throw back etc)

Perhaps I can better express my point : that as the content of a thread approaches 100% posts about BA employment practices, the probability of BA staff wanting to avoid posting in it approaches 1.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For those who are waiting/Interested on PC via Steam,I have talked to Ross.He said it will be before Christmas.Hope they push with bug fixes.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
So apart from myself, has anyone else actually got the game? Expecting a solid no from most given I haven't seen anyone suggest that they've done so.

I got the game for switch on day 1 and I have to admit that the game is broken in so many ways that it feels like an alpha version of what was supposed to be a cricket game. I have sent an email with a list of bugs and suggestions to bigant but haven't heard back.

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

From what I saw it's not up to date. Firstly the game doesn't even get the number of players you have in the squad correct. Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 18 players with a maximum of 2 overseas players and a minimum of 2 rookie contracts. The game only has 15 players per team so you are missing players right off the bat. Some of the latest transfers are not done (Jackson Bird, Matt Parkinson & Sandeep Lamichhane missing from Stars team), but I imagine that this will be patched (although given the state of the game I may be giving Big Ant too much credit here).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread