Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I was waiting for the PC release with the hopes of modding it and seeing what we could do, perhaps even modding the WBBL to the IPL but if it is priced similarly at £45 then there is no way I'm paying that for this game.

Unsure if there would be any modding given that it's an officially licensed game in it's entirety. Also asides from the academy in past games, there hasn't been modding abilities with their games before. So probably out of luck on that front too.

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unsure if there would be any modding given that it's an officially licensed game in it's entirety. Also asides from the academy in past games, there hasn't been modding abilities with their games before. So probably out of luck on that front too.

Not quite true as with DBC 14 and 17 we could mod the ball physics and as a result mod game play with the fearsome tweak patch and also we modded all of the textures and sounds for the PC release. I see that a blobset editor was also released for Ashes Cricket. So given it is based on the same engine I would presume that the tools would be in place to already have a reasonable starting point for modding. See the DBC 14 /17 forums to see what we ended up doing with the game on PC.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not quite true as with DBC 14 and 17 we could mod the ball physics and as a result mod game play with the fearsome tweak patch and also we modded all of the textures and sounds for the PC release. I see that a blobset editor was also released for Ashes Cricket. So given it is based on the same engine I would presume that the tools would be in place to already have a reasonable starting point for modding. See the DBC 14 /17 forums to see what we ended up doing with the game on PC.
But you cannot add modes which it seems the game badly needs ?

suddyz

Club Captain
But you cannot add modes which it seems the game badly needs ?

Yup no argument from me here. I think the best that one could possibly hope for would be to re-skin the WBBL to International Teams or the IPL / CPL with potential game play improvements. That being said the bugs would remain as is.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Is this game any good or is it as bad as it looks?

The game is riddled with bugs/glitches, asides from that it's actually too easy even on Hard... once you get timing down, you can more or less hit a 6 every single ball. And then we've got the price of the game, it's just not worth it unless they dramatically drop it down as there is very little to do.

suddyz

Club Captain
Game has been green lighted on Steam. Page is up this morning on Steam but no release date listed or price listed.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Are the roster even correct[DOUBLEPOST=1545299481][/DOUBLEPOST]I honestly think it best just to stick to ashes cricket I am really enjoying using waste teams and playing my own tournament

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW just saw on the cricket on tv just then the big bash game on mobile new improvement is that you guys game? there was a update 3 days ago[DOUBLEPOST=1545302234][/DOUBLEPOST]Got multiplayer and stuff

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW just saw on the cricket on tv just then the big bash game on mobile new improvement is that you guys game? there was a update 3 days ago[DOUBLEPOST=1545302234][/DOUBLEPOST]Got multiplayer and stuff

It a different dev , Nextwave Multimedia , downloading now for the commute home ....

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
My bad big Bash Boom is now available on PC via Steam! Grab it here, and have a great Christmas with the cricket! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread