• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
bigant flop again ... they are not learning from their mistakes ..

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I seemed to have jumped from version 1.02 to 1.05 when I fired up my PS4 before, game didn't feel any different though. Still had a run out given while I was standing in my crease...

D

Dutch

Usual case of minority spoiling it for the majority ?
I think it also has to do with both sides not finding a common modus operandi that works.....too much abrasion....but yeah...Aussies and sandpaper....:p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it also has to do with both sides not finding a common modus operandi that works.....too much abrasion....but yeah...Aussies and sandpaper....:p
I think that’s a good point you raise

I could be 100% wrong but I wonder if some of damage was done right at the start with DBC 14
I.e. certain issues that have been raised with every release was down to how game was initially coded and it was always going to take BA too much work to unpick or rewrite parts of game to resolve ??

D

Dutch

I think that’s a good point you raise

I could be 100% wrong but I wonder if some of damage was done right at the start with DBC 14
I.e. certain issues that have been raised with every release was down to how game was initially coded and it was always going to take BA too much work to unpick or rewrite parts of game to resolve ??
Not sure: it seems to me that BA has a line about their games that they bring out to the masses that doesn't seem to always collate with the people playing them. Bit of a siege mentality. But you can understand that as well. Even in the beta process it wasn't always easy to find a way of communicating that was productive for all concerned because "we" had a tendency to say: why isn't that done? Do it! On the other hand we were sometimes left in the dark as to why something had changed or taken out, causing frustration.

Perhaps just a question of too many plates to keep spinning?

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
It's just a bastard hard thing to try and produce cricket games that keep everyone happy.

You've got all the usual problems of making the game work and making it fun, but also you've got to try and do that in a way that's like real cricket. And however you do it, your audience will be divided because everyone has different ideals of fun vs authenticity, and different levels of knowledge about the real game.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Not sure: it seems to me that BA has a line about their games that they bring out to the masses that doesn't seem to always collate with the people playing them. Bit of a siege mentality. But you can understand that as well. Even in the beta process it wasn't always easy to find a way of communicating that was productive for all concerned because "we" had a tendency to say: why isn't that done? Do it! On the other hand we were sometimes left in the dark as to why something had changed or taken out, causing frustration.

Perhaps just a question of too many plates to keep spinning?
Every workplace has its problems, but I just think there are fundamental flaws in the way Big Ant is managed, and operates.

They're doing enough for healthy profits in low-hanging fruit areas where there are gaps in the market, but each game ends up being somewhat "unfinished" in crucial aspects.

I don't know what the solution is, other than much-needed competition, of which there is none. Or to produce fewer games and turn them into gems - but that's probably not where the money-making lies.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's just a bastard hard thing to try and produce cricket games that keep everyone happy.

You've got all the usual problems of making the game work and making it fun, but also you've got to try and do that in a way that's like real cricket. And however you do it, your audience will be divided because everyone has different ideals of fun vs authenticity, and different levels of knowledge about the real game.
The problem with the last two games (DBC17 and Ashes) are that there are issues like the bat pad smash and the AI being able to chase at 10 per over that means you can't even begin to discuss of fun vs authenticity. The original DBC was not perfect but I always felt like the fundamentals of cricket were fairly sound. I remember AI field placement being the most frustrating thing about the game. It took until the end of DBC17 to have them sorted but then they were back in Ashes.

Big Bash Boom looks like fun but from the videos and feedback I've seen it just looks like another example where some interesting additions, in the context of the product, have been included in the game but the basics of the sport seem like an afterthought. Your score not going up when you run a single? That's pretty awful.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The problem with the last two games (DBC17 and Ashes) are that there are issues like the bat pad smash and the AI being able to chase at 10 per over that means you can't even begin to discuss of fun vs authenticity. The original DBC was not perfect but I always felt like the fundamentals of cricket were fairly sound. I remember AI field placement being the most frustrating thing about the game. It took until the end of DBC17 to have them sorted but then they were back in Ashes.

Big Bash Boom looks like fun but from the videos and feedback I've seen it just looks like another example where some interesting additions, in the context of the product, have been included in the game but the basics of the sport seem like an afterthought. Your score not going up when you run a single? That's pretty awful.

Best thing Big Ant could do would be improve their QA department. It seems every new release is broken in some way and patches that get released often stuff other parts of the game with problems that honestly seem easy to spot.

The lack of communication obviously sucks, but honestly we had it pretty good for a while. At least they were in here having a crack at talking to us chumps.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'm wondering if anyone has actually played a game online (in general, not just on here), because when I went to check the leaderboards, it's completely blank as thought not one person on the PS4 has played a ranked match, had an error saying I didn't have access to even play online for the game prior to that, maybe a glitch there also.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just now I have update real cricket mobile game the way they progressed is so impressive so much detailed in all aspects.Big Ant should learn from them to pull more customers

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Best thing Big Ant could do would be improve their QA department. It seems every new release is broken in some way and patches that get released often stuff other parts of the game with problems that honestly seem easy to spot.

The lack of communication obviously sucks, but honestly we had it pretty good for a while. At least they were in here having a crack at talking to us chumps.

I'm always defensive of QA, so will chip in on this - It may not be the "department" itself that is a problem - often QA will identify problems that are decided not to be fixed for whatever reason by people higher up the chain. I always hate seeing them blamed: I've worked on stuff where QA have fought tooth and nail to get something fixed, been turned down, and then had to read people blaming them unfairly. Avoid this.

Users who are viewing this thread