Bowl out decides 20/20 match

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now i am purist so tests > any other form, but 20/20 is great fun.

The match betweem Surrey and Warwickshire at the brit Oval was tied on D/l method so had to be decided on a bowl out.

5 bowlers for each team, 2 balls for each bowler. and they have to hit the stumps each time they do 1 point gained, if they fail to hit, no score either way.

2-2 after that, so sudden death. Like in football.

3-3 after the first round of sudden death. Pretorious for Warks an Mahmood for Surrey.

next round, Streak iirc misses, Murtagh steps up for surrey hits the stumps they win.

Good to watch, very weird though.

Sureshot

Executive member
nightprowler10 said:
Eh, its ok as long as they keep it in the Twenty20 matches.

Yep.

20/20 brings a different aspect to Cricket. Brings in the crowds.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
guess you could say that kicking 50 penalties in a row is easier than bowling just one ball at the stumps

And if you recall, the first Champs trophy in cricket, which was in Dhaka used sum kinda similar format. It was never used in ODIs and of course the format was changed from full knockout to groups & semis.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm no professional but I reckon I could peg a few lazy full tosses at the stumps. Surely these guys were trying to hit it at good speed and reasonable length.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmm, it's quite a bit harder, since as a bowler you are looking at the outside off-stump channel quite often.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
As jeromedascorp said, this was the format which was to be used in the Wills ICC Mini World Cup 1998 in Dhaka to resolve tied games but was never required since there were no tied matches !

Sureshot

Executive member
sohummisra said:
Hmm, it's quite a bit harder, since as a bowler you are looking at the outside off-stump channel quite often.

Plus the light was fading pretty quick.

Plus the had been trying their hardest for the last 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread