Tutorial Bowling Tips

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It stupid because i notice a slight change in colour in the area's you say, but the ball will never hit the stumps, or even get close to them.

The_gas added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

How do you swing it. I looked at the tutorial and there is a swing modifier?

For me, its right analogue stick up or down to move the seam position marker.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
On the keyboard is is Q and E

I know it's stupid. Most of the ideal line and lengths are. That part really bugs me. I usually just bowl to them to set the batsman up, and then bowl one straighter like a proper outswinger.

Wrong un

School Cricketer
What is the ideal length for swing bowling in this game? The pitch marker stays the same colour no matter where i put it, unlike the straight delivery which changes.

The colour doesn't change for swinging deliveries. Usual things come into play, overhead conditions, quality of the bowler, length (full but not half volley).
It does show you how to do it in the tutorial.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Bowling lets this game down massively in my eyes, it seems like your just supposed to bowl full outside off for a few balls which results in a bit of pressure on the batsman then they mishit one or you get an lb shout. Bouncers are about as aggressive as gareth gates and movement both in the air and off the seam is barely visible, and the big marker is just hideous.

tajjuk

School Cricketer
I was wondering this, but I seem to get success bowling a straight delivery in a yellow zone, but then chossing and out or in swinger, i.e on 360, A first in yellow zone then either X or B at the right time to bowl.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ok, thanks to an online match with the Gas and some other ideas I think I've now got the idea of swing bowling. There are four elements to the ideal delivery! First bowling reticule just to the side of where you want it, second apply swing, third and fourth together hit hot zone and move reticule again as you release. Doing this I clean bowled a batsman top of off stump as he played straight much like Anderson cleaned up Manou at Edgebaston.
Inswinger with me moving the reticule slightly outside off as I hit the top of the delivery metre. Just bowled Windies out for under 200 at 4 rpo so this is a definite improvement for me!

D

Dutch

Ok, thanks to an online match with the Gas and some other ideas I think I've now got the idea of swing bowling. There are four elements to the ideal delivery! First bowling reticule just to the side of where you want it, second apply swing, third and fourth together hit hot zone and move reticule again as you release. Doing this I clean bowled a batsman top of off stump as he played straight much like Anderson cleaned up Manou at Edgebaston.
Inswinger with me moving the reticule slightly outside off as I hit the top of the delivery metre. Just bowled Windies out for under 200 at 4 rpo so this is a definite improvement for me!

Ah, that sounds promising, will go off and practice!

vibetrini

School Cricketer
Glitch exploited - Bowling

Guys try this during test matches - bowl bouncers continuously (just short enough not to be called a wide - and fast) with Lee and Johnson (Aus) with a short cover, short mid-wicket and bring in your mid-off and mid-on to the closer positions.

You will pick-up all 10 wickets with only these 4 fielders catching, and will likely bowl out your competition for under 60 runs... did it twice in a row under the most difficult setting

Try it and let me know your outcomes

P

pcfan123

I am actually going to avoid doing this at all. The game will not be fun if you search for and use exploits. This game allows you to bowl to a plan and use tactics. I think I will try that route.

joshuaa21

School Cricketer
I am actually going to avoid doing this at all. The game will not be fun if you search for and use exploits. This game allows you to bowl to a plan and use tactics. I think I will try that route.

Agreed.

Exploiting Bowling, what has this world come to :doh:facepalm

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I was actually using that plan in the demo, trying to set the batsman up to give catches at short leg. Cut off the singles so I could keep bowling to him, and slip in the slower ball. Now if it happens to be a glitch, I can never use this plan again. So instead of saying I shouldn't exploit it, maybe the game should have been designed better. I shouldn't be made to curb my plans or the way I play just because the game doesn't agree.

adthomp

International Cricketer
yeah im very confused with swing bowling how it works still... after being belted for 240 runs in day 1 first session I need to work it out!

Users who are viewing this thread