Tutorial Bowling Tips

javs52

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys try this during test matches - bowl bouncers continuously (just short enough not to be called a wide - and fast) with Lee and Johnson (Aus) with a short cover, short mid-wicket and bring in your mid-off and mid-on to the closer positions.

You will pick-up all 10 wickets with only these 4 fielders catching, and will likely bowl out your competition for under 60 runs... did it twice in a row under the most difficult setting

Try it and let me know your outcomes
wouldnt this be considered a bug then ???? the AI shouldnt just fall in the trap...

i remember in Yuvraj singh cricket, i used to bowl inswinging yorkers to AI and i got them out cheaply......it really put it me off, i'm glad its improved here

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Interesting, i will give it a bash, does this method also work with bowling short???

No reason why it wouldn't except that it's harder to hit a good zone on the pitch when you move the reticule late.
In BLIC2007 the AI couldn't play anything that moved late.

batonage

School Cricketer
Agreed.

Exploiting Bowling, what has this world come to :doh:facepalm

ditto

i'm enjoying the challenge of finding ways to get batsmen out. i find starting with a cutter (leg or off) and then confirming with either a straight ballor the other cutter works if the run rate is under control and a tight field is set.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Amazing, Ive now gone from absolutely despising the bowling to really enjoying it now i know about this, just bowled a maiden of masterful outswing with anderson, plus i pinned gayle the over before with flintoff ,still getting slapped every now and then as im trying a few different things but what a difference!
Cheers peeps, life before pc was just meaningless!!

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
I dunno why, but I never seem to get someone bowled or caught. I always run people out with the occasional caught at slip or in the deep and maybe an LBW once in a while. I would have thought that the swing would be used as a threat, but for me it just gets torchered :(

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I cannot figure out how to get this working at all.

Whilst i can keep the scoring down Australia are 150/0 while doing what you advised Colin. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, wrong lengths or whatever, but not even once chance in 30 odd overs.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I had no chances for 20 odd overs then suddenly nipped two out. It's hard to get out good batsmen who are set as it should be imo. I just kept it tight and got them both driving at mid off.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I had no chances for 20 odd overs then suddenly nipped two out. It's hard to get out good batsmen who are set as it should be imo. I just kept it tight and got them both driving at mid off.

Where were you pitching it, I keep it on the same length at it starts when you click to bowl. I then move the cursor and press swing at the last minute so it will either clip the stumps or just miss. I find they never drive, always play to the legside mainly.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Remember it was to two left handers. I seem to find them easier to bowl to.
Here are the pitch maps (to LH and RH): (second bowler pure ego - he has 100 maxed stats!!!)
All the lengths are clearly too full for reality though.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-06-07-26.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-06-07-26.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-09-53-86.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-09-53-86.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-20-28-22.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 23-20-28-22.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 116

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Its hard to tell, how much shorter or fuller do you move the pitch cursor when going for outswing/inswing?

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
Tips to sort out bowling speeds

If you want a fast medium bowler to bowl 82-85mph, edit his stats to full pace, you'll have to sacrifice some points elsewhere though obviously.

pastypower

School Cricketer
When playing the computer I cram the offside with close in catchers (3 slips, gully, point, etc) and bowl yorker length (or marginally shorter) outswingers outside offstick. Very rarely do Australia (i'm a POM!) reach 100. The only reason they do reach 100 is because I'm dropping my chances!! You'll force a few run outs using this method.

P

pcfan123

Two Bowling tips to get a wicket.

Here are 2 tips that help slow down the run rate and usually get a wicket.

Scenario 1 with Brett Lee

I select a straight delivery and hold it full outside off (picture1), as soon as its time to stop the meter I change to an inswinger and move to where the cursor is in the 2nd picture

This method usually bowls or lbws the AI. Sometimes they even leave the ball and the stumps break!

Scenario 2 with Mitch Johnson

I bowl a few bouncers on what the color meter considers the perfect length, see 3rd picture .

Then I select a fast ball and get ready to bowl another bouncer, however I select the slower ball at the last second. Funnily enough when I was trying this to take the screen shots I got a catch opportunity.

Using these two techniques and varying the length/line , pace and using swing and seam, it is easy to contain the AI.

ImageShack Gallery

D

Dutch

Here are 2 tips that help slow down the run rate and usually get a wicket.

Scenario 1 with Brett Lee

I select a straight delivery and hold it full outside off (picture1), as soon as its time to stop the meter I change to an inswinger and move to where the cursor is in the 2nd picture

This method usually bowls or lbws the AI. Sometimes they even leave the ball and the stumps break!

Scenario 2 with Mitch Johnson

I bowl a few bouncers on what the color meter considers the perfect length, see 3rd picture .

Then I select a fast ball and get ready to bowl another bouncer, however I select the slower ball at the last second. Funnily enough when I was trying this to take the screen shots I got a catch opportunity.

Using these two techniques and varying the length/line , pace and using swing and seam, it is easy to contain the AI.

ImageShack Gallery

Hmmm, the link appears to be broken, at least on my computer. Any other way of being able to view them? Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread