Tutorial Bowling Tips

P

pcfan123

Following your advice actually....initiating an outswinger on offstump, then just before release bringing it in and turning it into a straight one. Haddin played a diabolical slog to it to be fair and Monty Panesars brother, who is umpiring in this game apparently, gave him the finger, in the most sensitive of ways of course!:D

yea unfortunately using the tactic I told you about will not result in a proper stroke from the AI. They will play some crazy incorrect shot and get out. At least they get out though! Only once have I bowled a ball that went through the defense and bowled out the AI.

D

Dutch

yea unfortunately using the tactic I told you about will not result in a proper stroke from the AI. They will play some crazy incorrect shot and get out. At least they get out though! Only once have I bowled a ball that went through the defense and bowled out the AI.

Haha, I wouldn't have minded if he had jumped up and down saying; "hit me, hit me, hit me" to be honest, I was just glad of taking a wicket that wasn't some kamikazie suicide running mission or a catch. (The catching is superb in my opinion. Very satisfying to pull off a sharp catch in the covers low to your left or whatever!)

adthomp

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
so let me get this straight if I chose a outswinger set how much I want then move and change to a straight ball it will still bowl a outswinger thats straight?

Im not understanding the swing how it works straight ones are easy to fine the yellow spots but I cant find any with swing

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
No,its just a straight ball, the button you press last is the delivery you bowl, i tend to press straight ball first to use the arrow for aiming then change it to the delivery i wish to bowl

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Well, I don't know if anyone has figured this out, but it's an old BLIC 2005 trick. Though a bit different, but the process is same.

Put up your marker at a good spot, it doesn't really matter, but yellow color for good batsmen who don't slog too much, and dark green for sloggers. Light-yellowish-Green works for any batsmen. It's up to you.

Choose a delivery, normally a straight ball works for fast bowlers, but experiment anyways, Set the delivery, then let the speed-bar pull up to the maximum and hit a different key, swing/cut/spin/etc. I noticed it deceives the batsmen a lot, works fine in any level.

I've got England bowled out for 42 in hard mode. Try your luck, but remember, it all depends on good bowling. Stick to what you feel is good, then use this trick. The sudden variation isn't so guessable, so it works.

P.S. I'm on demo, so don't know if this goes the way it goes in the demo, feedbacks are appreciated. :) ! !

KBC..

melucas

School Cricketer
I have been able to restrict the run rate to around 3 to 4 an over in hard mode by selecting a delivery then bowling a different one. Once a batsman has his eye in and more than 30 runs he is hard to contain so I set defensive fields for him and concentrate on the other batter. I am getting a few catches in the outfield, plenty of nicks to the keeper or slips early on and have had a couple of lbw decisions. I don't know if this has also helped with the run out problem but I am only getting one an innings.
I am using a PS3 and V4 updated roster patch. I am enjoying the game now and have had an ashes test match go into the fifth day.
I think the game unfortunately was designed for T20 but with some patience and cunning you can get some good game play in a test match.
When I bat I only play the balls I think can be hit even though you can probably hit everything and chance getting out. This extends the gameplay and makes it worthwhile.
I wasn't a fan when I first purchased it but after trialling different ways of playing I can now sit down and play a test match and enjoy it.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Where do you bowl to get the LBW and nicks to the keeper?
Pitching it outside of off stump either gets them leaving it, spooning a catch to cover or smashing me to the fence.

Users who are viewing this thread