Boxing Thread

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
_58583486_dereck_chisora_david_haye_reuters2.jpg

Best punch Haye has thrown in a couple of years this, Chisoras face is hilarious

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Idk if there is any interest here, just in case there is, a few fights coming up to round off what has been a decent year for boxing:

Anthony Crolla vs Ricky Burns
Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev (IBF/WBA Heavyweight Championship of the World)
Erislandy Lara, Jermell Charlo, Jarret Hurd & Austin Trout (All in Light-Middleweight World title fights on the same card)
Sergey Kovalev v Vyacheslav Shabranskyy
Vasyl Lomachenko v Guillermo Rigondeaux (Winner of this one will be in with a massive shout for the P4P crown, especially since Andrew Ward has retired, personally cannot wait for this one).
David Haye v Tony Bellew II

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Who would you say is your favourite boxer at the moment?
My all time favorite is no other then Mohammed Ali.
During my time I like Manny Pacquiao, I know Mayweather is great as well but I like Manny Pacquiao more but he is more entertaining to watch.

what about you El Loco..who is your all time favorite and current Boxer.

El Loco

ENG....
My all time favorite is no other then Mohammed Ali.
During my time I like Manny Pacquiao, I know Mayweather is great as well but I like Manny Pacquiao more but he is more entertaining to watch.

what about you El Loco..who is your all time favorite and current Boxer.
Big fan of Pac's style but I have to say May pips him as the greatest of this era, probably the greatest defensive technician of all time.
My favourite boxer of this generation though would have to be Andre Ward.
Oh, and Sergio Martinez too, massively underrated fighter and a great athlete who's career was curtailed by injuries. His stoppage of Paul Williams is also probably my favourite KO of all time...

Ali obviously has to be up there, my other favourite boxers OAT include the likes of Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whittaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, list goes on...

What was the last fight you remember watching?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Big fan of Pac's style but I have to say May pips him as the greatest of this era, probably the greatest defensive technician of all time.
My favourite boxer of this generation though would have to be Andre Ward.
Oh, and Sergio Martinez too, massively underrated fighter and a great athlete who's career was curtailed by injuries. His stoppage of Paul Williams is also probably my favourite KO of all time...

Ali obviously has to be up there, my other favourite boxers OAT include the likes of Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whittaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, list goes on...

What was the last fight you remember watching?
Dame what a Knock out, Paul Williams was a really good boxer but yes Sergio Martinez is one the best of this era can't argue with that, it's a shame what happen to Paul Williams after that accident.

Roy Jones Jr is my favorite too....if only he retired a bit early lol.

El Loco

ENG....
Dame what a Knock out, Paul Williams was a really good boxer but yes Sergio Martinez is one the best of this era can't argue with that, it's a shame what happen to Paul Williams after that accident.

Roy Jones Jr is my favorite too....if only he retired a bit early lol.
I know, gutted for him doesn't even cut it! He was all set for a PPV bout with Canelo too! Last I saw of him he was back as a trainer though so hopefully it'll be a fulfilling job for him, so sad to see him in that state though.

Haha yeah lol his career has lasted more than a decade longer than it should be...and I think he's still going :p More than capable as a pundit on HBO he should've just stuck with that and called it a day.

Have you been following boxing recently? What was the last fight you watched?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I know, gutted for him doesn't even cut it! He was all set for a PPV bout with Canelo too! Last I saw of him he was back as a trainer though so hopefully it'll be a fulfilling job for him, so sad to see him in that state though.

Haha yeah lol his career has lasted more than a decade longer than it should be...and I think he's still going :p More than capable as a pundit on HBO he should've just stuck with that and called it a day.

Have you been following boxing recently? What was the last fight you watched?

Yeah I watched the GGG vs Canelo Fight, was really disappionted with result because I believe GGG won that fight.
One of the judge(Adalaide Byrd) who give it 110 - 118 for Canelo should never judge again.

El Loco

ENG....
Yeah I watched the GGG vs Canelo Fight, was really disappionted with result because I believe GGG won that fight.
One of the judge(Adalaide Byrd) who give it 110 - 118 for Canelo should never judge again.
A lot of politics involved definitely, been going on for years and continues to harm the sport to this day. I scored it for Golovkin too but it sets it up for a rematch at least which is not necessarily a bad thing considering the state of the Middleweight division at the moment.

Jermall Charlo has made the move up though so I'm hoping he can shake things up a bit.
Saunders' career has been a bit stagnated ever since he won his world title too.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A lot of politics involved definitely, been going on for years and continues to harm the sport to this day. I scored it for Golovkin too but it sets it up for a rematch at least which is not necessarily a bad thing considering the state of the Middleweight division at the moment.

Jermall Charlo has made the move up though so I'm hoping he can shake things up a bit.
Saunders' career has been a bit stagnated ever since he won his world title too.

Yea Middleweight is getting better now, Haven't really watch much of Charlo and Saunders though
Chris Eubank Jr won as well but I don't rate him lol.
Welterweight and light middleweight is probably the best division right now.

El Loco

ENG....
Chris Eubank Jr won as well but I don't rate him lol.
Lol didn't watch the whole thing but caught the end. Just on the basis that he landed regularly on an ageing Abraham in his previous fight but failed to get the stoppage seems to suggest that he doesn't have the power to hack at it at world level, but it looks likes his next fight's going to be against George Groves which is gonna be a very interesting one.

Welterweight and light middleweight is probably the best division right now.
Light Middleweight has some quality talent in the likes of Erislandy Lara (one of my favourite P4P fighters), Charlo, Andrade etc but unfortunately none of them are marketed properly so it doesn't get much attention.

Out of interest would you be able to come up with a top 10 pound for pound list?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lol didn't watch the whole thing but caught the end. Just on the basis that he landed regularly on an ageing Abraham in his previous fight but failed to get the stoppage seems to suggest that he doesn't have the power to hack at it at world level, but it looks likes his next fight's going to be against George Groves which is gonna be a very interesting one.

Light Middleweight has some quality talent in the likes of Erislandy Lara (one of my favourite P4P fighters), Charlo, Andrade etc but unfortunately none of them are marketed properly so it doesn't get much attention.

Out of interest would you be able to come up with a top 10 pound for pound list?
Yeah George Groves might test out how good Chris Eubank JR is because I don't see him as a great boxer.

Top 10 ound pound list will be hard to do lol
But I would have GGG above Saul Alvaraz.
I pretty much agree with Boxrec Lb for Lb but jeff Horn shouldn't be there and GGG as no 1.

Users who are viewing this thread