Boxing Thread

C

Chris Swift

I agree.groves really got his career back on track since joining mcguigan.hoping the final will be groves vs callum smith.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I agree.groves really got his career back on track since joining mcguigan.hoping the final will be groves vs callum smith.
Yup he has, seemed like he was going to get derailed by that Badou Jack loss but he's done very well to mount a comeback.
Callum Smith was in line for a title shot against Dirrell but that didn't materialise for some reason so I'm hoping he can progress past the semi-final too.

C

Chris Swift

Have you seen Anthony yarde fight? looks like another future world champion.

El Loco

ENG....
Have you seen Anthony yarde fight? looks like another future world champion.
I have heard of him. He's signed to Frank Warren isn't he? I saw his name on the Saunders Monroe card but haven't had the chance to see him fight yet. Nice to see a British Light Heavyweight prospect on the come up, the division's been blown wide open since Ward retired. He's ranked by the WBO but there are a few guys still waiting in the queue ahead of him, he could well get a chance soon in the next few years as a mandatory though if he carries on knocking people out in the same fashion.

C

Chris Swift

I have heard of him. He's signed to Frank Warren isn't he? I saw his name on the Saunders Monroe card but haven't had the chance to see him fight yet. Nice to see a British Light Heavyweight prospect on the come up, the division's been blown wide open since Ward retired. He's ranked by the WBO but there are a few guys still waiting in the queue ahead of him, he could well get a chance soon in the next few years as a mandatory though if he carries on knocking people out in the same fashion.

Yes he's with frank warren.saw him fight 3 times on bt,before I got rid of it.really aggresive come forward fighter and massive for the weight.
I think he could be the anthony joshua of the light heavyweights.

El Loco

ENG....
Yes he's with frank warren.saw him fight 3 times on bt,before I got rid of it.really aggresive come forward fighter and massive for the weight.
I think he could be the anthony joshua of the light heavyweights.
Future all-british showdown with Nathan Cleverly somewhere down the line perhaps?...
Finally, a decent challenger for Saunders has just been announced, David Lemieux. Hope it lives up to it's billing.

C

Chris Swift

Great fight at the weekend....joshua really made to work hard....credit to takam that guys one tough S.O.B

El Loco

ENG....
@redmosquito @Master Khan @LittleBigPlanet

Saunders turned out a very slick performance the other night after having sat on his world title for so long.

The less said about Loma v Rigo the better :facepalm

Biggest shock though has to be James DeGale losing on the scorecards to somebody he personally hand-picked on a night that was supposed to be his homecoming!

The schedule for the new year isn't looking amazing at the mo but hopefully it'll start looking up once more fights get arranged.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I never thought of James DeGale a good boxer in the first place anyway lol.

I Am just looking to see who Amir Khan will be facing next.. I think he said he looking to fight in March.

El Loco

ENG....
Well I never thought of James DeGale a good boxer in the first place anyway lol.

I Am just looking to see who Amir Khan will be facing next.. I think he said he looking to fight in March.
Tbh I thought he had the Badou Jack fight in the bag until the knock down in the 12th. Very disappointed to say the least. The fact that he ripped his belt from Lucian Bute by decisioning him in his backyard made me think he could go on to achieve big things.

Think Amir Khan has been making noises saying he wants to fight Jeff Horn while Kell Brook has decided he wants he wants to move to 154. Khan has fought at MW before so they could still be matched in theory but looks like they obviously want different things at the moment.

El Loco

ENG....
@Chris Swift @LittleBigPlanet @Master Khan

The schedule for the new year isn't looking amazing at the mo but hopefully it'll start looking up once more fights get arranged.
Looks like it is!

Apart from Groves-Eubank tomorrow...
Two potentially mouth-watering encounters, one between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz, as well as AJ v Parker.
Not to mention Dillian Whyte v Lucas Browne which is finally being made after a lot of back and forth between the two on social media.

Also, Callum Smith v Jurgen Braehmer to contest the other semi-final of the Super Middle-Weight Series later this month, winner will face whoever comes out on top in Groves v Eubank.

In the lower weight divisions at bantamweight, an ordered rematch between Yamanaka and Nery, who tested positive for a cattle steroid after winning the first fight.
Carl Frampton v Nonito Donaire, Mikey Garcia and also Leo Santa Cruz will be in action this year too.

After a pretty long run of standard defences, Erislandy Lara has got a unification against Jarret Hurt to look forward to. Can't wait for this one either!

Rematches between Haye Bellew and of course GGG-Canelo 2!

Martin Murray still seems under-deterred by his fruitless attempts at capturing a world title as he has now landed himself another shot, this time against Bille Joe Saunders.

Also a massive fight a Light Heavyweight, after holding his belt for so long despite being called out by the likes of Kovalev over the past few years, Adonis Stevenson is now putting it on the line against Badou Jack, who's last fight was TKO victory over WBA Champion Nathan Cleverly. However, he vacated the belt soon after, opting not to fight his mandatory challenger Dimitry Bivol, who will instead be fighting Sullivan Barrera next month for the strap, which also looks to be a very impressive match-up.

Finally, we have welterweight title-holders Keith Thurman and Errol Spence penned in for separate fights, hopefully after they get those out of the way they will be squaring up against eachother!

C

Chris Swift

@Chris Swift @LittleBigPlanet @Master Khan

Looks like it is!

Apart from Groves-Eubank tomorrow...
Two potentially mouth-watering encounters, one between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz, as well as AJ v Parker.
Not to mention Dillian Whyte v Lucas Browne which is finally being made after a lot of back and forth between the two on social media.

Also, Callum Smith v Jurgen Braehmer to contest the other semi-final of the Super Middle-Weight Series later this month, winner will face whoever comes out on top in Groves v Eubank.

In the lower weight divisions at bantamweight, an ordered rematch between Yamanaka and Nery, who tested positive for a cattle steroid after winning the first fight.
Carl Frampton v Nonito Donaire, Mikey Garcia and also Leo Santa Cruz will be in action this year too.

After a pretty long run of standard defences, Erislandy Lara has got a unification against Jarret Hurt to look forward to. Can't wait for this one either!

Rematches between Haye Bellew and of course GGG-Canelo 2!

Martin Murray still seems under-deterred by his fruitless attempts at capturing a world title as he has now landed himself another shot, this time against Bille Joe Saunders.

Also a massive fight a Light Heavyweight, after holding his belt for so long despite being called out by the likes of Kovalev over the past few years, Adonis Stevenson is now putting it on the line against Badou Jack, who's last fight was TKO victory over WBA Champion Nathan Cleverly. However, he vacated the belt soon after, opting not to fight his mandatory challenger Dimitry Bivol, who will instead be fighting Sullivan Barrera next month for the strap, which also looks to be a very impressive match-up.

Finally, we have welterweight title-holders Keith Thurman and Errol Spence penned in for separate fights, hopefully after they get those out of the way they will be squaring up against eachother!

Some great looking fights there on paper, not sure if haye will fight though.probably get injured again a month before the fight.
We might see tyson fury again hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Loco

ENG....
Some great looking fights there on paper, not sure if haye will fight though.probably get injured again a month before the fight.
We might see tyson fury again hopefully.
Really hope the Haye fight happens, if he gets injured again he should probably retire. It's been two years since he started back again and he should have had a title shot by now. I remember how excited I was when he announced he was coming out of retirement but if there's one thing the sport has taught me is to never get my hopes up too high...

...Same goes for Fury, absolutely no idea what he's up to. Every few months he is slated for a comeback but then it never comes to fruition, it's been like this for a really long while now.

C

Chris Swift

Really hope the Haye fight happens, if he gets injured again he should probably retire. It's been two years since he started back again and he should have had a title shot by now. I remember how excited I was when he announced he was coming out of retirement but if there's one thing the sport has taught me is to never get my hopes up too high...

...Same goes for Fury, absolutely no idea what he's up to. Every few months he is slated for a comeback but then it never comes to fruition, it's been like this for a really long while now.

Yes I never trust haye until he's in the ring.really hope fury gets his head sorted and comes back.fury vs joshua would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread