Brag about your talents.

D

Deleted member 46200

I would like to brag about myself but feel I should tell you why I came about with such basic bragging. Firstly, if you hate me or dislike me then walk away and ignore me, thanks.

When I was fifteen I was involved in a near fatal accident that almost cost me my life and the circumstances behind my survival are a bizarre series of events. I won't discuss what happened here although I have discussed this with only one forum user who has been the kindest person you could want maybe need at the right time. I feel I have had four years of my life taken away by trauma and depression and has left me with anxiety and episodes of depression. I think many of you can work out I am hyper and low on different occasions and talk so much bollocks but then leave some good decent posts, it comes from an urge to be accepted by all but sometimes in an offensive way. I still suffer from anxiety and confidence issues and will probably suffer till the day I die. Yes, strange. This little 24 year old who writes with such bravado if you have it you'll understand. I suffer from night terrors and panic attacks but I work my way through. I married two years ago for security and it has paid off, I love my husband immensely. Everyday since I feel more and more content but I will never be free of what happened.

Why do I feel I have the right to brag? I feel like so many people in the same shoes as me that getting though day to day is a victory. Yes I have a good job but battling my anxiety and depression is a battle I have to face on a day to day. Sport got me out and about and able to put my fears behind me. I did play cricket in Australia but never got back into it until I as nineteen. That's my brag, being able to get on with life with the terrors of the world on my shoulders.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I seem to be able to train people in things, so that they will be better than me at the role. I don't quite get it, but rest assured it happens in all jobs and aspects of my life.

In my retail store management days, I was bloody good at that job. My store was always the most well run and getting the best results. They would send an average or under performing manager to spend time with me and 8 weeks later and they are doing a better job than me back at their own store. At uni I would tutor those that struggled and turn them into HD students when I was pulling D's. I started slowly talking to my wife about International Relations and now she holds her own in a conversation about these things at dinner parties.

Professionally, its great. I have a network of people that feel like I taught them everything they knew. Freaking annoying cause I take my jobs seriously, and usually am pretty good at them. I just seem to able to get people to a point they can do it better than me...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

I seem to be able to train people in things, so that they will be better than me at the role. I don't quite get it, but rest assured it happens in all jobs and aspects of my life.

In my retail store management days, I was bloody good at that job. My store was always the most well run and getting the best results. They would send an average or under performing manager to spend time with me and 8 weeks later and they are doing a better job than me back at their own store. At uni I would tutor those that struggled and turn them into HD students when I was pulling D's. I started slowly talking to my wife about International Relations and now she holds her own in a conversation about these things at dinner parties.

Professionally, its great. I have a network of people that feel like I taught them everything they knew. Freaking annoying cause I take my jobs seriously, and usually am pretty good at them. I just seem to able to get people to a point they can do it better than me...

Kind of like a Jedi but in a retail setting..?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Or being the typical Barney Stinson Esque bachelor (or bachelorette) and having your wingman end up being better at 'the game' than you. Not that I know about that. I was the opposite, but that's for a different thread.

Last edited:

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Or being the typical Barney Stinson Esque bachelor (or bachelorette) and having your wingman end up being better at 'the game' than you. Not that I know about that. I was the opposite, but that's for a different thread.
Aww...hell!

You're an HIMYM fan like Me? If so, then stick with Me. I'm gonna teach You how to live.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I picked it up because it was my now wife's favourite show when we were dating/early marriage. I got quite into it. Although it helped that when I was younger I had a thing for the woman that plays Robin when she was in a series called Veritas - The quest.

I quite enjoy it, I used to like Big Bang Theory but that's gone so far downhill IMO if HIMYM and BBT is on TV I'd probably go HIMYM as it was consistently good.

Last edited:

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I picked it up because it was my now wife's favourite show when we were dating/early marriage. I got quite into it. Although it helped that when I was younger I had a thing for the woman that plays Robin when she was in a series called Veritas - The quest.

I quite enjoy it, I used to like Big Bang Theory but that's gone so far downhill IMO if HIMYM and BBT is on TV I'd probably go HIMYM as it was consistently good.
Yeah. HIMYM was consistently good until they fuc*ed up the ending. TBBT is going downhill.

TBBT has become the show that should've ended when it was the right time, now people wish for it to just go away.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah. HIMYM was consistently good until they fuc*ed up the ending. TBBT is going downhill.

TBBT has become the show that should've ended when it was the right time, now people wish for it to just go away.
I agree that last season of HIMYM was horrible, but I still enjoy TBBT. Many of my friends are of the same opinion as yours, weird I still like it. Infact I enjoy the latest seasons more than the earlier ones.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I agree that last season of HIMYM was horrible, but I still enjoy TBBT. Many of my friends are of the same opinion as yours, weird I still like it. Infact I enjoy the latest seasons more than the earlier ones.
For Me, the earlier seasons were better than the current one for TBBT.

I'll still choose HIMYM over TBBT any day, despite how it ended.

D

Deleted member 46200

What's a TV show got to do with bragging about yourself and talents...? Sorry for the incline on the apple cart but somethings gonna fall.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Detailing a thread isn't a talent worth bragging about? :p

Probably substantially my fault. I hope I can be forgiven :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread