Brett or Shoab

Who is better Brett or shoab (tests+odis)

• Total voters
H

hory

Oh, so we're talking about who was the better bowler a year ago?
It's not a case of well this dude bowled like crap, conceded 5 an over scored 200 and the other guy bowled like a demon took 6 for 24 so we'll just change the field of our discussion to something that suits us.
Going by your warped rationale Geoff Allott is a better bowler than Shoaib.

P

playjls

Mate check out my site and see for yourself :angry:

:lol: (Youll see why if you go on it) :lol:

R

ricky123

Originally posted by hory@Jan 7 2004, 03:19 PM
Oh, so we're talking about who was the better bowler a year ago?
It's not a case of well this dude bowled like crap, conceded 5 an over scored 200 and the other guy bowled like a demon took 6 for 24 so we'll just change the field of our discussion to something that suits us.
Going by your warped rationale Geoff Allott is a better bowler than Shoaib.
B) ur saying we r talking about a year ago

when u ur self r only taking one match in account

this was the first time lee gave 200 odd runs that too against india
no big deal

and one good match for shoiab doesnt make him the best. that too

against nz.

as i told before it will be a real test for shoiab when playing against india

although he will have the home advantage ,

P

playjls

Exactly.You can only compare bowlers when they are both in good form, both playing on the same kind of tracks, both in the ame kind of situation and both playing the same/similar sides.

You might think it was a bit pointless of me to start this link then :sorry: .

H

hory

Er, I'm taking their most recent performances into account, Lee's last two tests after his long layoff and Akhtar's one test after his long layoff.
I'd hardly call being the first Australia bowler in over 70 odd years to concede 200 runs "no big deal".
Only one of the two bowlers has topped 155kmh and bowled consistent line and length.
And no, it wasn't the one who bowled 5 out of 6 balls way outside off stump..... oh hang on i mean 7 balls, forgot the no ball in every over.

R

ricky123

B) i agree brett lee is better

did everyone forget when shoiab said in sharjah pak vs aus test series

that he will tear the aus's batting line up,and what did he get ricky pointing making 153 lol

and pakistan barely making over 50 in both thier innings ,it was pakistans most disgracefull performance.

i was very angry cuz i spent so much money and went to see the match

and only got to see pakistan fall like a pack of cards

i dont know why but when ever i have gone to see pak matches in sharjah pakistan has lost

most of my friends now dont take me to the stadium,
so i prefer to watch the match on tv.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by playjls@Jan 7 2004, 09:35 AM
Its hard to compare bowlers results as they were both on very different tracks and against different teams (With india being much better than pak andNZ).

You can only really compare thier stats from wc20003.Cos it was all on the same kinda tracks and they would have all played the same teams.im gonna go onto my site and try to find their stats.
Whilst it is true that in the World Cup Lee took 22 wickets to Shoaib's 11, they only played against the same teams in the fuirst round.

So just restricting to the first round, Lee took 6 wickets at 36.66, Shoaib took 11 wickets at 22.9

R

ricky123

B) i am just wondering how many wickets chaminda vaas got in the first round

P

playjls

ok smart...... :( .That was ages ago anyway.Bretts lost his touch.

I

imported_zulaid

yeah thats the case... :P Shoaib has turned into a gr8 fast bowler after the worldcup failure...he has been more consistent than Lee and he has taken alot more wickets ;) take it or leave it!....Shoaib only needs to show that he can bowl well against india, when they tour pak....Shoaib has bowled alot better since the worldcup even against South Africa he did a fine job.....but definately Shoaib better than Lee nowadays! look a the voting....majority says Shoaib, so until now Lee sucks.....be realistic guys... B)

P

playjls

Yea i know i admitted that he was in a pile of pooh form earlyer. :(

But he might regain his form during the ODI seris. :bow:

With most of us being knowladgeable cricketers/fans we should come to a conclusion about Lee and Shoab. :D

CURRENTLY shoab is beating the pants off of everybody and Brett is giving teams easy runs (I really hate to admit it) :angry:

But in the last few years or so Brett has had one over shoab. :thumbs:

Can we all agree and stop this debate. :thumbs:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think they're both very similar bowlers.

They both go through phases where they are concerned with nothing but pace, but both are capable of being the best bowler in the world on their day. What they lack is the consistency of someone like McGrath, Pollock or Vaas. I think once they learn that extreme pace isn't always important in bowling well they could very well be up there with the greats of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread