Bug Report Discussion

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or has someone else also noticed a glitch in backfoot lofted late cut? Every time I attempt to hit the ball in the air towards third-man (so, LS back + RS at 5 'o clock + L2 pressed), the ball 10/10 times ends towards mid-off instead of going towards third-man.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Whenever online gameplay and it's bugs and problems are discussed, this kind of reaction by the "seniors" N "veterans" of this forum's is very common.

Overall online gaming and gamers are generally looked down upon here at pc forums by the majority.

Its because the Majority of the "Seniors" , dont play Online , and hence does not really feel Jack^%^it about the state of the Online Game.

Same for the Beta Testers , they did a sterling job by the sounds of it for the Offline Version , but were not allowed an adequate Opportunity to Playtest the Online version .

It also doesnt help that most of the Online guys giving feedback , are using the "Game is Broken please fix asap" line , for anything they pick up , hence not helping their cause.

Its a fear that I had when I heard who the testers were , as I know they dont play online , and it seems my fears were well founded .

Now I`m still stuck with no Discs in South Africa , or can buy the Digital version and become part of the "but why did you buy the game if you knew it was broken" sheep.

Fact is , there were only glowing reports for the game , hence everyone in their enthuism rushed out and bought the game , and now the 3rd time in a row , the Online Section feels neglected.

WHY ?

Because none of the reviewers , can/want to test the Online side of the game , and hence each time its unknown water that we Online Folks have to enter to see how it translates this time vs the Offline Reviewed State.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Its because the Majority of the "Seniors" , dont play Online , and hence does not really feel Jack^%^it about the state of the Online Game.

Same for the Beta Testers , they did a sterling job by the sounds of it for the Offline Version , but were not allowed an adequate Opportunity to Playtest the Online version .

It also doesnt help that most of the Online guys giving feedback , are using the "Game is Broken please fix asap" line , for anything they pick up , hence not helping their cause.

Its a fear that I had when I heard who the testers were , as I know they dont play online , and it seems my fears were well founded .

Now I`m still stuck with no Discs in South Africa , or can buy the Digital version and become part of the "but why did you buy the game if you knew it was broken" sheep.

Fact is , there were only glowing reports for the game , hence everyone in their enthuism rushed out and bought the game , and now the 3rd time in a row , the Online Section feels neglected.

WHY ?

Because none of the reviewers , can/want to test the Online side of the game , and hence each time its unknown water that we Online Folks have to enter to see how it translates this time vs the Offline Reviewed State.
The fact is. We all expected it to be good specially after the bugs were (kind of) fixed in the previous titles. We all thought that the online mode this time wouldn't have similar issues and would be put more time into.

Alizafar538

School Cricketer
So not even half of your followers play online? Last time I checked a majority is 50% or more. Let's be generous and say 500 of them play online = that's only 20% or a little over a fifth. Why would Big Ant throw resources to appease one fifth of players when there are easier to fix bugs facing the other 80% of players? The game hasn't even been out a week yet...

It works (can you connect to another play and play a match?), it has issues, it's not the end of the world (hone your skills in single player). Otherwise, set up a gofundme page to get BA to host dedicated servers as this may help with a lot of the P2P issues being faced. Surely if there's as many of you as you claim, then it won't be a trouble raising a few hundred thousand dollars to get this sorted ASAP?

I do not want to repeat myself hence wont say the whole thing but if you would want to answer back by quoting someones comment then the first thing you should do is to read all the relevant comments and then share your views. Regardless if its 1% or 10% you do not have the data behind claiming how many players play online so I would suggest you to bring some facts when you claim 80% are offline players. Even if they are than the remaining 20% still paid to buy the game was not given to them in charity. For the next part of your comment I would just skip that as it does not make any sense.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

WHY ?

You can keep quoting the above all you like, but facts never change, I.e. buy a game on release or before hearing reviews from sources you trust, then no one to blame but yourself if you are not happy with product. Simple as that

I got game on release, and there are things I don’t like and want changing, but end of the day, that’s tough shit on me and only myself to blame

AliKhan215

Club Captain
You can keep quoting the above all you like, but facts never change, I.e. buy a game on release or before hearing reviews from sources you trust, then no one to blame but yourself if you are not happy with product. Simple as that

I got game on release, and there are things I don’t like and want changing, but end of the day, that’s tough shit on me and only myself to blame
You should read it once again, there are reasons why you simply cannot wait for the reviews. Speaking on online, you could wait 7-8 months and still not see any kind of reviews... Everything @Acid Burn said is absolutely correct!

Alizafar538

School Cricketer

ROFL, very mature comment that is. Q: Game has bugs, what are we doing to fix them. A: Hard shit mate why did you buy it in the first place before making sure it has no bugs.

Oh wait IGN gave it 8/10 ratings, dont give a banana to what IGN say, we suggest do not buy it untill many players play and confirm its bug free.

A sensible suggestion would be to include a couple of online gamers in the beta testing team who can help raise the issues before the game or the patch is published.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So is anyone putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy the game, um nope. Only have yourself to blame if you cannot wait.

Take some responsibility for your actions

D

Deleted member 185125

Patience guys. Everyone here wants the game to be the best ever. That includes the people who bought it, developers, testers and everyone involved. All are integral part for any successful game. Bigants has been very responsive since the game has released. I know things haven't gone 100% the way they wanted it to, but I'm sure they already in the process of getting the best out of this.. Things are brought to their notice. Let's wait for the next patch. Meanwhile let's try to work as a team.

Alizafar538

School Cricketer
So is anyone putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy the game, um nope. Only have yourself to blame if you cannot wait.

Take some responsibility for your actions

And you are ? All my comments are directed towards the developers of the game in hope that they will read them and understand what their customers think about the game.
We are not in a dog fight here to pull each others legs.

Before jumping on conclusions I would appreciate if you read all of my comments to understand that whatever you are saying has been mentioned in previous comments already. Ok just forget it, I am done posting here to an audience who does not understand that this game has been released with bugs exactly in the same vein as was DBC17. I would raise a query with Sony as well to understand about filing a complain.

Sidnid

School Cricketer
I think bottom line is that all we (online community) need is some kind of positive assurance from the company that all these issues are being looked at and will be fixed (assuming the issues do exist)... i want to hear from someone who can at least commit to that "sliders working online" will be locked at the legend level in the next patch.. if we just do that will be great step towards better communication from both sides..

border33

Club Captain
Is it just me or has someone else also noticed a glitch in backfoot lofted late cut? Every time I attempt to hit the ball in the air towards third-man (so, LS back + RS at 5 'o clock + L2 pressed), the ball 10/10 times ends towards mid-off instead of going towards third-man.
What happens if you put the left stick at 4-5 o’clock and play it? A cut shot is back and across not just straight back ?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think bottom line is that all we (online community) need is some kind of positive assurance from the company that all these issues are being looked at and will be fixed (assuming the issues do exist)... i want to hear from someone who can at least commit to that "sliders working online" will be locked at the legend level in the next patch.. if we just do that will be great step towards better communication from both sides..
The issues reported get looked at, including those related to online and sliders.

Pages and pages of debate about whether things should get looked at or not are not helpful. Neither the frequency of posts about something, or the person who reports something are factors in when something gets looked at - it all comes down to is how severe an issue is, and whether we can get enough information about the reports in order to work out the problem and do something about it.

This thread is intended entirely so that the dev team can ask follow up questions that help get reported issues resolved - we need clear information, not exaggeration or shouting. Everything else simply gets in the way and makes it harder for the things you want fixed/improved to get sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread