2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will send your post to Tru Blu.

Ross,

This is the reply that I officially received from Geekay, UAE via e-mail:

Subject: RE: Query.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:23:49 +0400

We have no confirmation on that game yet.

Thank You,
Geekay Games (Online Team)
Geekay Games - Online Store

To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: Query.

Hi there!

I am a regular customer and purchase games from Geekay. As you guys are the official distributors for UAE,I would like to know by when will you have pre-orders for Don Bradman Cricket 14 please.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks & regards.

evinthegreat619

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, will the standard edition of the game will be cheaper after a few months from release?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No. The game will stay at or around the initial retail price, as is the case with other Tru Blu games.

ashidashraf

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, will the standard edition of the game will be cheaper after a few months from release?

There is only one edition. Steel Book (available at select retailers) is a pre-order bonus without any extra cost.

Big Ant studios don't discount the games.

If at all there is discount in the coming months, its the retailers discount means they sell it minimizing their profit

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

Steelbook is just a bonus for pre order and is not like a special edition or anything like that ...So both the prices are same...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Awwww man just go through the thread about the game's distribution in the US

I meant did you hear it from a reliable source (e.g. Ross) or is it just someone making something up?

If it was that much lower in the US, everyone would be importing from there.

evinthegreat619

School Cricketer
I meant did you hear it from a reliable source (e.g. Ross) or is it just someone making something up?

If it was that much lower in the US, everyone would be importing from there.

no no i just saw some guys comment i think israrafi said it

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for the info but i heard that the price in US is comparitively low
Short version: There is no US price to be 'comparatively' low compared to.

Detailed version:
It's not true regardless - currently the norm in the US for new games is to list at US$60. Most if not all of the prices you see right now are inclusive of sales taxes - which vary between countries.

The current UK listings are around ?45 - but that includes a 20% VAT in the price. If you take away the VAT from the price and convert to US dollars - you get $60.

In India, it's apparently 13% - take that off the 4299 Rs. retail price and convert - $61

In Australia, at the cheapest retailer (MightyApe) - take the 10% GST off the price and convert, what do you know - $61.

The pricing is remarkably consistent, with the differing factor being taxation differences - which is the one local market factor they have no control over.

So no - there's nowhere that's getting a special deal on the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Short version: There is no US price to be 'comparatively' low compared to.

Detailed version:
It's not true regardless - currently the norm in the US for new games is to list at US$60. Most if not all of the prices you see right now are inclusive of sales taxes - which vary between countries.

The current UK listings are around ?45 - but that includes a 20% VAT in the price. If you take away the VAT from the price and convert to US dollars - you get $60.

In India, it's apparently 13% - take that off the 4299 Rs. retail price and convert - $61

In Australia, at the cheapest retailer (MightyApe) - take the 10% GST off the price and convert, what do you know - $61.

The pricing is remarkably consistent, with the differing factor being taxation differences - which is the one local market factor they have no control over.

So no - there's nowhere that's getting a special deal on the game.

The other issue for Indians complaining of the price, the import duty is a whopping 28.85% on video games!!!! I hope your government is spending your money wisely!

Users who are viewing this thread