C09 HELP: Having trouble running the game? Read here first

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't know what is happening. But nearly half an hour back, I again tried to join a game..and whoo! It worked perfect. Sometimes, it's giving an error, sometimes it's going perfect. I think I know what the problem is, but still, any suggestions?

kuleyez

School Cricketer
Game Not running Issue!!!

I am posting a new thread for the problem where clicking the exe only starts as a process in the task manager and nothing happens. I am a starting this new thread because the other thread is pretty mixed up and as this is an important issue related to many users on different forums it would be better if it is discussed seperately.

Ok If you dont know it already. The problem is that when the exe file is double clicked it only shows up in the processes and nothing happens. It is not related to the minimum requirements of the hardware as most of the users were able to run the game demo at full graphics.Please post your system specs so that if anybody with the same specs is able to run the game, he might help you

My configuration is

ASUS Motherboard P5KPL-VM
E2180 Dual Core
3 Gb DDR2 Ram
NVIDIA 9500 GT 512 MB
250 GB Hard disk

DRSB

School Cricketer
cant believe it, the ggame finally worked...
i did had the problem of another instance iof the program running...
then finally find out how to play it...

so frnds who cant play(gt the same prob as mine)...
sent me a private msg...
i reply u guyz asap
then u can enjoy the game...

ankitman

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

I have a Intel Quad Core, 2.33 with 3 GB of RAM and a Geforce 9500 GT... Whenever I run the setup, it says, 1628: Failed to complete installation. I have the original DVD

Please help.. waiting eagerly to play the game :-(

ruud_pukya

School Cricketer
Instance Running

Hi Guys,

I have Intel Core2 Duo 2.66 with 2 GB RAM and 8600GT. The Task Manager shows instance running, I tried safe Mode too. Can any one help me out?:(

saahil222

School Cricketer
Mr.DRSB,
I'l be greatfull..If u can tel me how to start the game.The Demo worked wout any prob,but wen I try to run the game nothing happens.I have Dual Core-II,2 Gb RAM,Gt9500 1 GB Video card...Please tell me how to make dis game work...

blazer-glory

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I tried the demo as I cant get the full game to run and the frame rate is like 1 frame per second!! I've a feeling this game doesn't like my Radeon card! :(

MasterBlaster09

School Cricketer
Game says its running on task manager but it's not?

What's the problem, the game is shown working on task manager, but when I double click it nothing happens. Please help.

Benda

School Cricketer
Just wanted to give you headsup. I just upgraded my PC with Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and hoping to see better performance to the game but unfortunately it wont. The game itself cannot able to hold motion graphics when you hit a ball for six or a boundary, the overall graphics just coming into parts with a minus second delays. Initially I was hoping its just a matter of my Nvidia 8600 GT card so I installed the latest driver with directX 10 but the result is the same.
earlier the game was running on Vista Ultimate x86 with SP1 and performing smoothly with no hiccups. Let me know on this forum if someone the game running on Windows 7. Also my PC has Core2duo, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia 8600 GT 512 MB

Thanks
i have exactly the same problem! My PC is more than capable to run it on highest settings but it can't handle the CROWD whenever it comes into view. it was running smoothly in 16-bit mode for a couple of days but even that doesn't work anymore.
I'm out of ideas!! :brickwall

inderpimp

Banned
This is the laptop im a gonna get will it work or not please let me know plzzzzzzzzz.....

Sony - VAIO Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology - Walnut Brown - VGN-NW125J/T

#
Processor Brand
Intel?
#
Processor Platform
Intel? Centrino?
#
Processor
Intel? Core™2 Duo
#
Processor Speed
2.1GHz
#
Display Type
WXGA widescreen LCD with XBRITE-ECO technology (1280 x 800)
#
Screen Size
15.5"
#
System Bus
800MHz
#
Cache Memory
2MB on die Level 2
#
System Memory (RAM)
4GB
#
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To
8GB
#
Type of Memory (RAM)
PC2-6400 DDR2
#
Hard Drive Type
Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
#
Hard Drive Size
320GB
#
Graphics
Mobile Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
#
Video Memory
Up to 1750MB total available

r1991

School Cricketer
For all those PC's whose game sits in task manager ..try disabling your antivirus..

bachafeelsgood

School Cricketer
reinstallation?

Hi!

I'm new here...i can't seem to reinstall ashes 2009 for some strange reason. I was having trouble with the game so a friend suggested I uninstall it and then reinstall but making sure the antivirus is disabled but it wont reinstall....

when i click on installation it gives me 3 options, modify, repair and remove each one of the options gives an error saying, 'error-1605- This action is only valid for products that are currently installed'

ive deleted the codemasters folder from my dir, and i get the same 3 options whether i go through autorun or the setup.exe file...

my friend mentioned someone would be able to help with the issue so i would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out!

Thanks a bunch!

ankitman

School Cricketer
So many questions and no answers:crying

Where are all our saviors!

naveen_reloaded

School Cricketer
For all those who see the first screen of the game :

---- Just wait for few minutes, the game will load. " trying going to task manager and when the CPU usuage of the game begins to fall , the game will start in the back ground

--- Again there will be a loading screen , simply wait ... then the game will load

* i tried nealry all methods to see whats the iisue , lke making a blank intro videos , setting the diaply option to window , make tun in windows XP mode / Vista mode , ran as admin , ran it with desktop composition diabled , nothing seemed to work.

It could be due to the Sinlge 1.9 GB file of the game , jsut a single file for the whole game , i have heard similar problem with other games which had jsut one single BIG file , instead of thousand smaller ones.

try this and post your replies...

Last edited:

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Hi!

I'm new here...i can't seem to reinstall ashes 2009 for some strange reason. I was having trouble with the game so a friend suggested I uninstall it and then reinstall but making sure the antivirus is disabled but it wont reinstall....

when i click on installation it gives me 3 options, modify, repair and remove each one of the options gives an error saying, 'error-1605- This action is only valid for products that are currently installed'

ive deleted the codemasters folder from my dir, and i get the same 3 options whether i go through autorun or the setup.exe file...

my friend mentioned someone would be able to help with the issue so i would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out!

Thanks a bunch!

On the first you should have properly uninstalled the game. You should not just delete the folder, As other supporting files like dll files will be copied to your windows folder.

Not sure whether this will work for you. Try below:

Go to Control panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Select Ashes Cricket 2009 and uninstall/Remove.

Users who are viewing this thread