Can u really bowl swing with the pace bowlers?

Arrie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes ball swings for fast bowlers but it swings randomly.As I was playing 10 over match against India as a Pakistan and India really whacked Sami for first 4 bowls and then he created a beauty and this was big in swing which started from off stump and passed from his leg stump.Besides,couple of times I was able to produce the swinging yorkers which totally destroyed cpu and he was plumb LBW.However,the most fascinating delivery which I witnessed was from Umar Gul who who was bowling from off side and and bowl was ptched at middle and leg and swing into such extent that it hit it,s off stump.I will try to post some screen shots of it.

R

ricky123

B) i found out today when playing against pakistan that shoaib can reverse swing the ball.

and also other Pakisthani bowlers..

P

potd

Anyone that has the pc version of Cricket 2004 and knows how to swing the ball with the fast/fast medium bowlers not medium bowlers please tell me how because i still can't get the F####N thing to swing. If you do get it to swing please look at a replay of it to make sure its not just movement off the pitch. Thankyou.

C

crussher22

well said- again and again I (we) ask for how to swing the ball <_< Those instructions above would have found a good home in a 4 year-olds copybook. :D
What is after touch??

P

playjls

after touch is ehat you use to swing the ball. i read it on a review once.find how 2 use it and you will be able to swing the ball.

S

sachin

learn by yourself if knowone can help you.it's easy but your going to have to work it out for yourself.sorry.

C

crussher22

Thats just great- I post loads of screenshots for everyone- and they wont tell me one thing in return. Really grateful- its not much to ask for god's sake :angry:

P

potd

Im geussing that after touch is that you probably press left or right after the ball leaves the bowlers hand. Ive tried this yet it hasn't swung even on a pitch that would swing.

J

jeetu

Is it me only which still considers that bowling is still not fun in cricket 02/04(decent game) compared to cricket99/2000 (crap game)released by EAsports too. Too bad they copied bowling from BLC/SW 99 (great game) Cricket from Codemasters which was its only weak feature.

S

sachin

hey dude i've posted about five times how i think i do it.it just doesn't work for some people.an opposition player bowled a ball to me which cut a metre and i'm not exajjerating(test match).it hardly ever swings before the ball has pitched it swings afterwards thats why i have so many edges.i got two wickets with no-balls in like on over and three edges over the slips and three edges to third man and six out of seven wickets were catches to the slips.thats just on a normal pitch on hard.try to get it to the full amount of power before a no-ball.and move the movement marker which way you want it to swing sure it doesn't always swing the way you want it to,but it does swing(for me anyway).

P

potd

If that's the only way it swings for the pace bowlers that's stupid. Why make it only swing after it hits the pitch, sure this happens sometimes in cricket but it only happens if the ball keeps its seam upright, anyway i think the way they should make it so it swings and so you can also make the ball move off the pitch is half the ball where you move the marker and make the top half of the ball for swing and the bottom half for seam. So say you want to make the swing from left to right move the pointer so it points to the slips(just like in real cricket)similarly for seam bowling, move the pointer in the bottom half and to make it seam to the left move the pointer to the bottom left. Well anyway that's how I think it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread