Can u really bowl swing with the pace bowlers?

P

playjls

try having the movement marker pointing at first slip.i doubt this will work bu the
at how you swing a real ball.

C

crussher22

Thanks Sachin et all and sorry :mellow: I knew all that- I thought HB would have made like in real ife that yes you swing but it seams to be a pretty random thing I hope they release a patch- maybe they could release a 500mb patch next year and call cricket 2005, nah it'll be a 5mb if at all.

S

squiz

if it fixed all/most of the problems i would download it even if it was 1gb

A

ashwinkm

Hi,
I just got cricket 2004 this weekend and yes the ball does swing.I played against england on perth and was able to get swing from ifran pathan on a green pitch in humid conditions.It doesnt happen every ball, but it is possible . And when you do swing it looks awesome- I bowled a ball to a trescothick whic pitched around leg and and then swung in between his bat and pad and sliced him in half. It looked exactly like the balls that wasim akram used to bowl. The key was to try to get as much speed as possible and then try to move the cursor after the bowler starts his run up and delivers.It is kinda tough to do and i did end up bowling no balls , but when it works it is an awesome sight.VEry very realistic.
Didnt work on other pitches though.

D

desmondk007

You all must remember there is a huge deference in swinging a ball and seaming the bal.
Swing all happens in the air where if you seam the bal it hits of the pitch from a upright seam and then cuts in or out. That can't even be controled in real life.

J

jak_da_rippa

Why doesnt anyone post a screen showing the speed+swing display. Wouldnt that b easier?

abu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
swinging the ball is not a problem for me.

the only problem is that no matter what i do, i just can't seam the ball.

as u know i have also released my a.i patch. in that i have increased the value for seam movement. but the problem is that the cpu is able to seam the ball miles whereas i am not able to move it even 1mm.

plz help guys.

N

Nazgul_169

It's simple; they say that if you hit the ball marker, the ball will swing; they actually mean that the ball will seam. Unless sum1 has dun it and can tell me how, med fast/fast bowlers dont swing the ball (making them pretty useless on any pitch other than green).

M

Markyb

The medium fast/fast bowlers bowl leg cutters/cutters and the medium paced bowlers bowl in and out swingers ! :clap:

J

j+m

Originally posted by potd@Dec 29 2003, 07:20 PM
Im geussing that after touch is that you probably press left or right after the ball leaves the bowlers hand. Ive tried this yet it hasn't swung even on a pitch that would swing.
pitches can't swing. It will swing more if it is overcast or humid.
Fast and medium fast bowlers can sut the ball by pressing d or a but batsman will have more problems if you just press s and let it seam randomly (only really works on green pitches with new ball.)

T

the_gas

i have had no problems swinging or seaming the ball, it helps using tutsi's patches

D

darin

Originally posted by kalavala@Dec 29 2003, 01:36 AM
Since u guyz are so DUMB....... I'd like to tell u a secret of swing bowling in c2k4 is keep the pace meter in the center of the meter. Then just after uve done the pace and the bowler is bout to throw the ball move the ball marker thingy next to the pace meter. DO THAT AFTER U STOP THE PACE METER!!!
what do y mean by keeping the pace meter in the center of the meter and what do mean by moving the ball marker next to the pace meter if y can show me a picture thanks

Users who are viewing this thread