Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

cricboi

Club Captain
Is there a way in Career mode to pick your bowlers as a captain. I can select the lineup in advance of the game but once it gets to the select side screen that option isn't there it seems. And then once the game starts I haven't been able to select bowlers. Is this a glitch or am I not doing it properly?

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
Is there a way in Career mode to pick your bowlers as a captain. I can select the lineup in advance of the game but once it gets to the select side screen that option isn't there it seems. And then once the game starts I haven't been able to select bowlers. Is this a glitch or am I not doing it properly?
Once the game starts, you should be able to go to the tactics screen

cricboi

Club Captain
Once the game starts, you should be able to go to the tactics screen
Ok, so just like normal. My issue then might be that it's going right into the simulation once the innings starts. Maybe I need to adjust my simulation settings so I can have the time to stop the game and change the bowlers. Thanks for the reply :)

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
Ok, so just like normal. My issue then might be that it's going right into the simulation once the innings starts. Maybe I need to adjust my simulation settings so I can have the time to stop the game and change the bowlers. Thanks for the reply :)
I'm guessing here, but that does sounds like you may have auto skip on for career mode

Last edited:

cricboi

Club Captain
I'm guessing here, but that does sounds like you may have auto skip on for career mode
Pretty certain I turned it off. It seems the solution is to just hit circle/back instead of x when on the scorecard and that puts you in the field, at which point you can adjust things.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I tend to simulate one over at a time and then make bowling changes as I see fit when I get to that stage.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I tend to simulate one over at a time and then make bowling changes as I see fit when I get to that stage.
Yeah and on a test match that's quite a long process. I try and only sim a few overs hoping the bowlers I've picked from each end are still there. Some of the time I go back even tho I've unticked the box in settings relating to AI selecting bowlers and there's a new guy there. Most of the time my spinner has snuck in after 7 overs lol

On a side note you are going into tactics like mentioned and choosing the Manage bowler option?

cricboi

Club Captain
The issue for me seems to be in T20 games ( i have auto simulated off btw). If I let my player get into the field I can change bowlers or open the manage bowler option. But let's say I don't bowl my own player and then hit square to simulate it often takes me to the scoreboard screen and then next thing you know it skips to the 18th over and I've only gotten in 1. The only solution I have thus far is either hammering circle to interrupt it or allow each bowler to get in one delivery then putting myself in, then switching me out.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone noticed any camera changes on career I always have broadcast 2 cam and when I’ve bowled it always zooms in to the bowler but now it falls back so you see the full field. It’s much better imo but only seems to have happened after patch

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone noticed any camera changes on career I always have broadcast 2 cam and when I’ve bowled it always zooms in to the bowler but now it falls back so you see the full field. It’s much better imo but only seems to have happened after patch
Haven't noticed myself, I personally use broadcast 1 when batting. One thing they've fixed is camera movement, its a lot smoother now and not so jiggered and rough.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Haven't noticed myself, I personally use broadcast 1 when batting. One thing they've fixed is camera movement, its a lot smoother now and not so jiggered and rough.
Yeh it was all over the shop I’ve uploaded examples here. First bowl it stays still and in the field which I like the second ball it cuts in to the bowler which I don’t like sends you dizzy

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The issue for me seems to be in T20 games ( i have auto simulated off btw). If I let my player get into the field I can change bowlers or open the manage bowler option. But let's say I don't bowl my own player and then hit square to simulate it often takes me to the scoreboard screen and then next thing you know it skips to the 18th over and I've only gotten in 1. The only solution I have thus far is either hammering circle to interrupt it or allow each bowler to get in one delivery then putting myself in, then switching me
It was like this in C19, only way to stay in control is to sim one over at a time from the simulation screen.
I wouldn't know I'm an xbox user.... enter crying emoji

Users who are viewing this thread