Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

sc4mp

School Cricketer

It is good to see that career mode seems to be getting a re-vamp in the next iteration of the game.

Can Big Ant clarify if the long running issue with squad make-up in career made has been addressed in the new game? The issue where two or three seasons into the career game, the squads in the first class games are unrecognisable from the start of the game?

In Cricket 19, the problem comes about because the first class teams are filled with players that are rated between 65-75. However if you look at the ratings on the club standard players that you play with and against, then you see that there are 3 or 4 in every club side that are rated 60-65 and are improving at a similar pace to your career player.

As a result each first class team has a larger talent pool available of players that are 60-70 and as a result these get called up into the squad when your career player goes up from club to first class level.

To overcome this you could increase the ratings of all of your first class players to 70-80 but then you would create the same issue between the first class team and the international team. Meaning that you would have to increase the international player values in order that they keep their place.

For example in Cricket 19, James Vince (England squad player but not 'featured' in the game) is rated 65 at the start. So as soon as players get promoted from club cricket to Hampshire he loses his position of captain and then his place in the team fairly quickly. You could overcome this by boosting Vince and the other Hampshire players to 75-80 - but then the England team will get filled up by Hampshire players who are rated higher that the England squad players. So you can increase the England sqaud ratings to 85-95.

All this is bearing in mind that the best players in the world (Smith, Kohli, Root, Stokes) are generally rated at circa 85/100 to start with. But if you bumped all of these to 95/100 then presumably it would have a knock on impact on game play and scores.

Ideally the best club standard players should be dropped from 60-65 to 45-50, and only one or two per year coning through into the game. However as we are not able to edit the club player stats (as teams are auto-populated at the start of the mode) it will need Big Ant to resolve.

Last edited:

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully, they've worked on generated players' countenances. I don't want to be around albinos and unrealistic teammates in my Chittagonian local club. Moreover, the ability to change players' names in career mode would be a nice addition.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another nice option would be picking squads yourself in career mode, in Cricket 19 the international squads are generated on form , but which national team was ever picked on form ! It would be good to be able to select from all eligble players for that country so I can get rid of one of my 2 Jofra's and leave Keaton , Harvey Hosein and Adam Rossington out to add more realism to squads playing at the time ....

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Another nice option would be picking squads yourself in career mode, in Cricket 19 the international squads are generated on form , but which national team was ever picked on form ! It would be good to be able to select from all eligble players for that country so I can get rid of one of my 2 Jofra's and leave Keaton , Harvey Hosein and Adam Rossington out to add more realism to squads playing at the time ....
I remember that one time during my Career Mode, Ed Pollock was in absolutely sublime form. Was tearing it up in Domestic White-Ball and scoring 50s and 100s for fun and I wanted him to be selected for England. I was captain at the time. Yet, the game picked players who were much worse in form and Pollock never got the national callup.

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I remember that one time during my Career Mode, Ed Pollock was in absolutely sublime form. Was tearing it up in Domestic White-Ball and scoring 50s and 100s for fun and I wanted him to be selected for England. I was captain at the time. Yet, the game picked players who were much worse in form and Pollock never got the national callup.
I would hope BA for career mode would pick a few elements like team selection, injuries, stamina conditions from FIFA'a career mode. Even they could introduce player auctions in the years to come.

Busstop10

School Cricketer
Fingers crossed we'll actually be able to have a career in Ireland...

In fact I hope C22 career reintroduces the features removed from Ashes 17, such as world rankings and an ability to view fixtures from other countries.
Yeah would really like to see this return! Really want to be able to have the challenge of getting Scotland or Ireland to number 1 in the world

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I wish the career mode starts with some trails leading into selection to the club game, then there is some training and later making debut in the club games.

Once we pick the country and region, the individual is called up for trails in the sebsequent weeks and asked to complete a set of task (depending on the role in the career mode). After successfully completing the task, the player is selected into the squad for the season.
Now the team management need to set the player a particular skill rating (May be 20-30) to be achieved before being selected into the playing XI. Once the rating is achieved (by opting for trainings) the player can be selected in the playing XI. Not like the rookie player is allowed to play from the first game. Depending on the performance and training this skill rating has to move up or down, if the skill rating is below a particular level (same 20-30) the player spot in the XI has to be not guaranteed.
This base skill rating for selection has to be varying according to the grade of the game. Higher division higher qualification rating.

This kind of spices the game career mode, the performance and training meaningful, instead of letting the player be an automatic selection in the playing XI irrespective of the performance and skill rating.

@MattW and @Ross is it too much to expect at this stage (since the gameplay and features in Cricket 22 are evolving). Anything on these lines in Cricket 22. Kindly share your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Some nice suggestions here , hoepfully career mode will be a little different to C19 , I've just played all 5 Test of Ashes series in Australia as England career mode allrounder , didn't see a single over of spin from Aussies .... also same team for all 5 tests for AI team , it maybe difficult to implement but it would add realism.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Lots of good suggestions here, but honestly my main one that breaks my immersion every day when playing career mode is umpire selection. This bug has existed since at least Ashes Cricket.

I go to all the effort of making sure I have appropriate umpires downloaded from the academy or created myself, English umpires for county matches, Elite Panel umpires for internationals, Australian umpires for Shield etc. And the match settings screen lets you chose the umpires for that match.

But when the match actually loads it's completely random. Kumar Dharmasena umpiring in the Sheffield Shield, Ross umpiring in a test match. Please please make it so that umpire selections actually take effect in game.

Wizle

Club Cricketer
Any idea how the domestic structures will look specifically the re-addition of the Zimbabwean domestic structure? BA removed it from C19 after being available in Ashes Cricket and I had no idea when I went in to buy the game a couple of years ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Any idea how the domestic structures will look specifically the re-addition of the Zimbabwean domestic structure? BA removed it from C19 after being available in Ashes Cricket and I had no idea when I went in to buy the game a couple of years ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
So far as I'm aware nothing specific like this has been announced. You might have to wait until the game is released so someone can check for you.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
The club ground looks nice. Also noticed a few variants in the few games we saw IGN skip over. Perhaps some new assets for the stadium creator as well.

View attachment 258136
Indeed, the club grounds from the footage shown look brilliant. Maybe I won't mind being stuck playing club cricket in career for years this time around. I really hope you're right regarding an overhaul of the stadium creator because previous BA cricket titles haven't done justice to (the user) being able to recreate some of the worlds most historic and unique cricket grounds.

Btw it's good to see you back in these forums again mate :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread