Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think Bangladesh was part of the teams, I remember seeing only the 8 that I mentioned.

Unless we have different sets of teams in different careers? I play female career mode, maybe the male one has Bangladesh (and a 10th team?). Someone else can confirm that.

Possible? I'm playing in the male career mode.

johanna

School Cricketer
I have the same problem at the moment. It gets to the point where the game needs to save but, instead, just quits out.

Do corrupt files actually say they're corrupt? Or will the file just not load at all?
It'll say "corrupted". You can't go back to the previous checkpoint or anything else, deleting is the only option. Even if you copy the save file out, and then replace it to start again it'll still get corrupted. BigAnt said they cannot fix the file that is corrupted, so we're just out of luck.

I've had to create 5 or 6 careers due to this bug. Now I just decline the first captaincy that is offered and simulate the first game of the new season always. I have not had corrupted saves, I am on season 5 now on the latest career mode.
Post automatically merged:

Possible? I'm playing in the male career mode.
That is the only possibility because I am fairly certain I didn't see Bangladesh as an option. But I don't understand why they'd exclude just one national team from the female career mode.

lachahdah

School Cricketer
Hi Everyone, I’m new to Cricket 22 and have began a career mode with my player two times now and both times I have played a fair few amount of games coming up to joining the Aus team. Both times on numerous occasions I would be playing and it would “blue screen” on my PS4 which if your not familiar with the term the screen turns blue with an error code and your game unexpectedly exits. This has happened quite a bit! However, two times now it has corrupted my career mode leaving me stranded and not being able to enter my career mode due to the words “your career mode has been corrupted you can’t play”. I’m so angry at this I have done so much work and can not continue which is why I am asking if anyone else has had this problem recently with their careers?It has happened twice which means it is not a one off event and it’s just so frustrating !!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi Everyone, I’m new to Cricket 22 and have began a career mode with my player two times now and both times I have played a fair few amount of games coming up to joining the Aus team. Both times on numerous occasions I would be playing and it would “blue screen” on my PS4 which if your not familiar with the term the screen turns blue with an error code and your game unexpectedly exits. This has happened quite a bit! However, two times now it has corrupted my career mode leaving me stranded and not being able to enter my career mode due to the words “your career mode has been corrupted you can’t play”. I’m so angry at this I have done so much work and can not continue which is why I am asking if anyone else has had this problem recently with their careers?It has happened twice which means it is not a one off event and it’s just so frustrating !!

Yes, many of us are having these problems. We’ve been reporting it to Big Ant on their support page. Mine crashes at the start of the second season. Some people are finding work arounds but you say that yours crashes approaching international selection.

I’ve had issues with Career Mode in previous games so just don’t see how any of us put the effort in with any confidence that it won’t crash/corrupt after lots of time/effort!

Clearly some people manage to complete exhaustive careers. I hadn’t done so recently because I had no confidence in it working. I started one on 22, trying to be blase about it (I normally prefer playing as a team) but was really enjoying it then… crash and corrupt!

Big Ant keep referring to Career Stability. It’s a massive part of their game so hopefully they fix it and I’ll keep checking here to see if people are getting anywhere. I’m on PS4.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Think until these crashes are fixed I'll stop playing career mode. I also have a left-handed batter so scoring runs is not that difficult when you're given buffet bowling on leg all the time.

johanna

School Cricketer
On PS4, I had to do the following before I was finally able to get past the first season.

In the first season-
1. Simulate at least 1 game before the season ends.
2. Decline captaincy at your local team where you start out
3. If you are approaching international selection, then play 2-3 bad games. I just sim games, if my pro still manages to play well, I start a game and get runout for 2 games. I did this in the 2nd or 3rd season, I don't think I got called up in the first season.
4. Sim the first game of the 2nd season, this is the game right after the press conference.

If you do this, your game will still crash but on restarting the game you will be able to continue from season 2. Starting in season 2 you can take captaincy and have press conferences. I still sim 1 game every season just to be safe, I was on season 4 before I moved to PS5.

Hopefully, that works, if it doesn't I am sorry, you'll have to wait for a patch.

Devon

School Cricketer
I jusg want to find out if you deny signing a contract with your county team does that bring offers from other teams or not?

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
It'll say "corrupted". You can't go back to the previous checkpoint or anything else, deleting is the only option. Even if you copy the save file out, and then replace it to start again it'll still get corrupted. BigAnt said they cannot fix the file that is corrupted, so we're just out of luck.

I've had to create 5 or 6 careers due to this bug. Now I just decline the first captaincy that is offered and simulate the first game of the new season always. I have not had corrupted saves, I am on season 5 now on the latest career mode.

That is the only possibility because I am fairly certain I didn't see Bangladesh as an option. But I don't understand why they'd exclude just one national team from the female career mode.

Just started a new career - which continually quits out after only a few games I might add - so I had time to check between the male and female careers. Bangladesh is indeed there in the male career but is not present in the female career. Does this mean that it's an oversight on BA's account or does it mean that Bangladesh has no female team in real life? I would have to check up on that to be sure.

johanna

School Cricketer
Just started a new career - which continually quits out after only a few games I might add - so I had time to check between the male and female careers. Bangladesh is indeed there in the male career but is not present in the female career. Does this mean that it's an oversight on BA's account or does it mean that Bangladesh has no female team in real life? I would have to check up on that to be sure.
That is weird. I do know that Bangladesh has a women's national team. But I do not know if they have a domestic setup, there must be a domestic setup if there is a national team right? Maybe the narrative for a female career doesn't work with 9 teams (like an ICC competition or something?).

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
That is weird. I do know that Bangladesh has a women's national team. But I do not know if they have a domestic setup, there must be a domestic setup if there is a national team right? Maybe the narrative for a female career doesn't work with 9 teams (like an ICC competition or something?).

Maybe they couldn't be bothered with the domestic side of things - having to put in all the club teams I mean? Could make some sense if they were running out of time - and we could argue that they were running out of time given the sub-par quality of the game on its release date.

Speaking of which, what I don't understand - and this is just a general comment more than anything else - is that BA must've known how undercooked the game was. Anyone playing it for more than 15 or 20 minutes would've seen how broken it was. So did BA just not take any notice of what their game testers were saying and reporting on? It's baffling to me and I just don't understand it.

Unfortunately it seems to be a trend amongst sports games at the moment. From big companies (EA) and small. It's just bewildering to me. If they were car companies and they were putting products like this out then they would be out of business within weeks. Yet it seems to be "a thing" with game and software companies.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just a question, does anyone how to change kits when starting a match in career mode.
I am playing List A and T20 in my first class kit and it's just stupid.

Yeah same here, some of them are a bit confusing
Did you find out how to change kits for List A or T20 as having to play in whites for white ball games , quite weird

liam tollard-williams

School Cricketer
Hi guys on PC was halfway through my third season and then all of a sudden every time I attempt to play career mode my game crashes, is anyone else experiencing this when trying to get into career. It's so frustrating after playing for a while might have to just go back to C19

HosiesICC

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just got picked to play for WA in my career mode.
First game “travelling to Hobart” to play against QLD at Blundstone Arena.

WTF

Users who are viewing this thread