Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just got a PS5 trophy for winning 5 trophies in my trophy cabinet. Would be nice if I could actually see the cabinet haha
I remember EA Cricket 2004 having a trophy cabinet, I would always would try to win every trophy and fill it up, would love to see Big ant add Trophy cabinet and world records in career mode.

okmime

School Cricketer
Has anyone managed to get a sponsorship yet? If so, at which stage of your career did you get your first one?
Yeah I got offered 3 a little into my 2 NSW season and the fourth after my 3rd century and 4 wicket game at the club level. The first 3 were just before being called up to state team…

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've just been asked to choose between 3 Aussie teams to play for, I'm actually playing club cricket in England so now I've chosen does that mean I won't play for a county, as there is no county to be seen when I go onto 'my teams'

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Are perks still broken? I have 3 bowling and 4 batting perks, I cannot swap the batting perks for anything except for fielding perks. I want to swap my hook shot perk for accumulator or something like that.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've just been asked to choose between 3 Aussie teams to play for, I'm actually playing club cricket in England so now I've chosen does that mean I won't play for a county, as there is no county to be seen when I go onto 'my teams'
You will still get to play for your county during the English summer, you normally get the offer Feb/Mar.
Your right that some of the teams will disappear from the 'my teams' section but will come back. Its annoying and we are all still waiting for patches for this mode

Nikhil Ajmera

School Cricketer
In career mode while batting from batting mid camera, when I am at the non striker end the camera is still on batting mid ... How do I change it to non striker end camera?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Are perks still broken? I have 3 bowling and 4 batting perks, I cannot swap the batting perks for anything except for fielding perks. I want to swap my hook shot perk for accumulator or something like that.
Saw this one late.

Perks were corrected, that was the intended behaviour that you need to have 1 fielding perk. It's a 3/3/1 split as an all rounder, 4/2/1 as a batting all rounder, etc.

That means you need to pick one of the batting ones to swap to a fielding one, and then going forward the other batting slots will be able to be changed to another batting perk, but as your current perks are invalid you need to make it a valid set of perks first before you can make other changes.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Anyone else been selected for the ODI World Cup, see the matches in the calendar, and then all of a sudden the matches are gone? Asking for a mate...

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Cricket 22 thinks i am a car!!! having just played the 2nd ashes test and a four day gap until the 3rd test i am playing a 4 day game.Incidentally the billboards before the tests are completely wrong .As i am i playing in 2024 or 2025 why is it the exact same Aus team as now.The England team has changed but not the Aus.So much simple stuff that could be much better.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
BA should add the 'edit name' option for generated players in career mode... It really depressing to read career mode players names... Especially Indian names...

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
BA should add the 'edit name' option for generated players in career mode... It really depressing to read career mode players names... Especially Indian names...
I agree... I was thinking the same thing now that I've started a new career. The names in these club teams in South Africa are insane. I have never heard of at least 50% of these names before. Hahaha. I would say, at the very least, give us an option to edit the names of these club/generated players. (Or maybe as a way to help BA with future games, we can compile a list of some of these weird names so they don't keep generating during career mode).

In general I really really hope career mode will get some serious attention in the next patch. Like I said, I just started my 2nd career. On normal selection difficultly I was called up to the Dolphins team after my 3rd club match in my 2nd season. I'm almost certain in my previous career on the same selection difficulty it took a little longer than that. Either way, not too upset about that. But, the frustrating part is... I played my first First Class match for the Dolphins and had a decent performance with bat and ball. During the following week I received 4 separate sponsorship offers, then I went back to play another 3 club matches, and I had to do a press conference for my club team as well. Then I was called up to play in the One Day matches for the Dolphins again and thereafter I'm scheduled to finish the rest of my club matches for the season. On top of that, (with my stadiums set up properly for all my domestic teams), 11 out of 14 matches were home games. And all of them day matches, not a single day night match. In my first career I didn't seem to have any if these issues, but this time around none of it feels right.

I also hope BA will sort out the clashing of matches, especially playing two test series at the same time and playing an international series the same time as the World Cup.

Overall, after the latest patch I've started playing a little more often, but the fielding still isn't 100% or even close to that. Fielders returning balls from the outfield still hit my bowlers and keeper up their backside and afterwards they still decide to make a full length dive for no reason. So I hope the next patch sorts out some more of these little issues.

Busstop10

School Cricketer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I usually do a career as Zimbabwe, does anyone know if the domestic teams have been made or whether they are planning to be made. Cheers!

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Returning to these forums after a very long time - I think the last time I was really active was when I was playing DBC14. Was just wondering if you’re able to edit career mode club teams in the same way that you could (IIRC) in Cricket 19? I don’t particularly enjoy starting with a club team so I would be planning to change them to some sort of ‘minor counties’ system if I can, because that feels more appropriate as a progression to move into domestic and then international cricket from.

Last edited:

taha213

School Cricketer
Hey guys i have been playing club cricket from ages and scored almost 1k runs in 23 games but still didn't get a call in a domestic cricket can anyone confirm is it normal or is there something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread