Career Mode Talk

Bobimsome

School Cricketer
Hi there!

I wanted to start a new career and really enjoy how I look in it. Is there a way in which I can copy across this appearance to the new career mode?

I do know that you can copy across from the academy, yet I think that I created the player using the career mode tools.

Thanks in advance for answers/solutions.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi there!

I wanted to start a new career and really enjoy how I look in it. Is there a way in which I can copy across this appearance to the new career mode?

I do know that you can copy across from the academy, yet I think that I created the player using the career mode tools.

Thanks in advance for answers/solutions.

Unless you created a playface, which you can just re-use again and again, the best way I would do it, somewhat annoying, is to just take photos of the appearance sliders and apply them best to your new career player. I might be wrong, but I never figured out a way to copy academy appearances into a career.

jacqueskallis

County Cricketer
So I had entered the Career mode couple of days ago. I got picked by Essex but I saw all strange names so I found a thread and downloaded teams made by wasteyouryouth.

Sadly when I played my 1st game against Middlesex, I saw all strange names.

Does that mean I should have downloaded those teams before starting the Career mode? Can anyone guide if I can use the new teams in my current Career mode?

Thank you

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So I had entered the Career mode couple of days ago. I got picked by Essex but I saw all strange names so I found a thread and downloaded teams made by wasteyouryouth.

Sadly when I played my 1st game against Middlesex, I saw all strange names.

Does that mean I should have downloaded those teams before starting the Career mode? Can anyone guide if I can use the new teams in my current Career mode?

Thank you

It really depends on whether you started at a club cricket before working your way up to Essex so you could be in year 2024 or more. If you started at a club side, those strange names are likely to be a combination of club cricketers that you played in your leagues as well as those that played in Middlesex’s leagues etc. This is down to the fact that lineup become dynamic which means they change and alter so the players we watch on the tv and follow might have retired by the point that you enter county cricket or moved on no matter what teams you download. Therefore, the lineups are going to be different if you are 4 five 6 years down the track.

I am not too sure whether you would have had to download them before career mode or during career mode but I know you can download stadiums during a career mode and they go straight into the mode so maybe. But going off the basis of my first point, the lineups are likely to be dynamic depending on what year of career you are in?

What career mode year are you in?

Hope this makes some sense and I’ve not just waffled on here.

jacqueskallis

County Cricketer
It really depends on whether you started at a club cricket before working your way up to Essex so you could be in year 2024 or more. If you started at a club side, those strange names are likely to be a combination of club cricketers that you played in your leagues as well as those that played in Middlesex’s leagues etc. This is down to the fact that lineup become dynamic which means they change and alter so the players we watch on the tv and follow might have retired by the point that you enter county cricket or moved on no matter what teams you download. Therefore, the lineups are going to be different if you are 4 five 6 years down the track.

I am not too sure whether you would have had to download them before career mode or during career mode but I know you can download stadiums during a career mode and they go straight into the mode so maybe. But going off the basis of my first point, the lineups are likely to be dynamic depending on what year of career you are in?

Yeah I found Adam Zampa in Middlesex so what you said makes sense. Plus this is my 3rd year so technically its 2022.

ROlson

Club Captain
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

This should be pinned. Since the time of DB17, every day someone asks this question and doesn’t know about the dynamic lineups. I cannot understand how this is not a known thing anymore.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yeah I found Adam Zampa in Middlesex so what you said makes sense. Plus this is my 3rd year so technically its 2022.

Ok that’s good to know. Wow that’s a quick rise into county cricket took me until 25 I think. With the dynamic lineups even though around half of the current players you could say aren’t around and either have retired or you’ll find have been moved to 12th man duties, a lot of real international players might end up in the teams. Think in my career mode I saw Pat Cummins at Worcestershire, Quinton de Kock at Durham and best one of all Steve Smith at Sussex. G’day Smudge!

So whilst you may not have the real teams to play with, there are bonuses such as tracking some club players you’ve played against or been in your team throughout the years and watch them rise in career mode as well as seeing player transfers (most usually international stars) between teams. This should make for an enjoyable and different experience where you might be playing on a grassy Lords wicket and have Cummins from one end and Starc at the other for Worcestershire backed up by Pat Brown.

Think there might be a way you can play with yourself and the real teams but NOT in career mode instead in a competiion mode of first clsss where you add your academy creation and player to your county and play in the competition mode.

But I think on the whole if you enjoy career mode and are able to look past some of the players names and maybe even recognise a few players from your club cricket days you’ll find good time and use out of it!

Jack Evans

School Cricketer
I’m in 2025 off my career mode currently playing for Somerset as an opening batsman. What will I need to aim for to be getting recognition for England? My selection difficulty is normal and average around 40 in first class cricket?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I’m in 2025 off my career mode currently playing for Somerset as an opening batsman. What will I need to aim for to be getting recognition for England? My selection difficulty is normal and average around 40 in first class cricket?
Batting only or batting all rounder? Its easier to get selection fast when you can contribute with both.. Being a pure batsman you need to be really consistent with the scoring to get even recognised.. Would say its realistic because thats the case with IRL players too..

Sushant Tavrawala

School Cricketer
Can anyone help how can i change the tours and tournaments which are already pre exist in career mode? Is it possible to do so?

Ideally, i would like to have more ICC tournaments added to my career mode. Or play with tri series tournaments.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone help how can i change the tours and tournaments which are already pre exist in career mode? Is it possible to do so?

Ideally, i would like to have more ICC tournaments added to my career mode. Or play with tri series tournaments.
Can't change tournaments or tours.

mehta23

School Cricketer
Gonna start a career as a bowling all rounder leggie.
Ideally want to bat around 7 but would that be middle order or lower order? Want to get to bat in test and odis

Marwin

School Cricketer
Hi folks,
I tried to start a career mode (batting allrounder) with AI as pro and difficulty set to hardest for bat/bowl/field/selection. It's quite a challenge :D
Well I got called up to Nsw first class team after 3 seasons and as expected there was a gulf. I think I ended with an avg of 15 and a couple of wickets. As expected I didn't make it to the xi in the next season, but then I simulated for 3 next seasons and didn't get picked for either nsw or the club. Anyone else had this issue?
I suspect that my overall level was the reason, I was rated at 35.

For now I've started another save with the same settings with Adelaide. But, I won't accept a move higher up till I reach overall level of 60

Users who are viewing this thread