Career Mode Talk

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I just notice, whenever I set selection difficulty to lower level, AI batting and bowling go downhill...

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wait you don't have club matches? So you go straight to 1st class cricket? What have BA done! I saw a guy doing a Pakistan career mode and he started from club level. Do you think this is a bug in the game?
I am not sure if it's a bug. But, yes Indian Career Mode starts from first class. There's a catch though, we have two first class tiers I think. We start of on typical first class, which is like the real life Ranji Trophy. Then there's the Zonal Teams, we are supposed to progress to, which are like the real life (old format) Duleep Trophy!

sc4mp

School Cricketer
Has anyone else had a problem with a player created in career mode re-setting to the 'standard' player model once the career is launched?

I spent ages this morning setting up my player and then set up a customised team to play in. I then edited the names and kits on the five other teams that form the league. Then when I launched the career the player model was re-set. Fortunately all of the team changes and edits have been retained.

After my first match I realised the issue with the player model and did a quick edit in the player/equipment' section (changed hair style and colour) and exited back to the main screen to see that the original player model was again showing. Am I missing a save action that will resolve this problem?

Set Up Shop

Banned
Finished a match on legend against SA and they were bowled out for 100 and 174 in another massive win for WA. We are playing them again in the shield final and they are 1/95.

Something weird but cool I’ve discovered is that if I set the batting and running camera to pro the AI running camera turns into broadcast 3 which is much better to watch when bowling from close fixed.

Ahsoo

School Cricketer
Anyone know of any solutions to the following problem? Im not sure if Big Ant have said anything about this or if theres a patch incoming. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Anyone having issues with career mode on xbox or any console where the game freezes when try to start a new season? I played 2 full seasons and when I am trying to start the 3rd one, the game freezes on the start of the new match.

Akhil Jagdish Ramchandani

School Cricketer
I am not sure if it's a bug. But, yes Indian Career Mode starts from first class. There's a catch though, we have two first class tiers I think. We start of on typical first class, which is like the real life Ranji Trophy. Then there's the Zonal Teams, we are supposed to progress to, which are like the real life (old format) Duleep Trophy!
So do we get to be picked in the IPL in career mode

jeetu44

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How did you create using playface on PC? Is there any video to help step by sep ?
I create playface and import it into the game using the demo academy.

jeetu44

School Cricketer
Your player will be under star player I think (mine took some finding)

I was told here that you have to recreate a rookie player to start at the begining of career or adopt the one you made in community as a "star player" and play where it lies.

Thanks! I figured it out. The created player should be added to your national squad to feature under star player. The difference when you start with a star player is you don't get to play first class and make your way up the ladder, you directly start playing international cricket.

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The difference when you start with a star player is you don't get to play first class and make your way up the ladder, you directly start playing international cricket.

Yes and to be honest I prefer that! I've started as an 18 yr old in Manchester leagues.... which is pretty much how I started playing in real life too! It's fun!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Has anyone else had a problem with a player created in career mode re-setting to the 'standard' player model once the career is launched?

I spent ages this morning setting up my player and then set up a customised team to play in. I then edited the names and kits on the five other teams that form the league. Then when I launched the career the player model was re-set. Fortunately all of the team changes and edits have been retained.

After my first match I realised the issue with the player model and did a quick edit in the player/equipment' section (changed hair style and colour) and exited back to the main screen to see that the original player model was again showing. Am I missing a save action that will resolve this problem?
Yep! I had to redo the players appearance, then play a game. It then seemed to save

jeetu44

School Cricketer
Yes and to be honest I prefer that! I've started as an 18 yr old in Manchester leagues.... which is pretty much how I started playing in real life too! It's fun!
Yes agree, but the flip side is we can't use playface on Consoles which is a bummer

Stereophonic

School Cricketer
Anyone got any tips getting wickets? Wrist spin bowler and whilst I can keep runs low I can't get wickets. As a result I can't seem to improve my bowling.
I have the exact same problem and have asked a few times on the forum but never had a reply!

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's ridiculous that it's not an option. Spend hours making your player just right, then go to use him in career and surprise! Make him all over again! So far it's stopped me starting a career because I just can't justify spending that time getting him just right all over again when I've already spent hours on it.

Just to check, definitely no way to use a created player in academy as your career player?

Users who are viewing this thread