Champions League Twenty20 2011

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Why didnt the Mumbai Indias just loan a player or pick one from draft one in form their original 30 rather than this farcical rule

Yes it does seem odd that instead of honouring the 4 internationals rule that's been in the IPL (and Champions League) since day 1, they are honouring the 23 man squad rule which does not have such importance or history.

Anyway, what they should have done is just let the SL boys qualify instead. If Mumbai couldn't field a team within the rules, they shouldn't be in the tournament. Normally finding a replacement team would be troublesome, but they just had a qualifying tournament and the 4th placed Ruhuna were there and ready to play.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although this tournament is crap, i'll be interested to see how NSW play, especially how young Starc/Cummins bowl together. Stuart Clark should drop himself, since even in this NSW team without Lee, Haddin & Bollinger, by playing Clark is keeping out a better player.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Being IPL-lite, I think people want Champions League to be bad more than it actually is. Like in any league, you can hate the administrators and half the teams, but still find plenty to watch. That is, if you can actually watch it. I note that only two days ago FoxSports revealed they will show the CLT20 in Australia.

I don't see how Clark categorically keeps out a better player. For one, he was a crucial Big Bash player for NSW last season, the most economical and also one of the top wicket takers. Maybe he keeps out someone who in 3-5 years will definitely be better, but that's getting a bit too academic. Specific to T20, who knows? As a team, they'd get away with another captain, but they do need an experienced seamer. It's a different story if they had full pick of the squad, but the first change would probably be Doug for Starc.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SOK might miss out again unless they skip past Hauritz. Can't see them going in with another spinner over a quick.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's a good top 5. It's hard to say exactly how they'll go about it because it's such a different side and they may be planning differently, but I would expect one of O'Keefe or Smith at 7.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If Hughes would keep then that would help the cause. Could go with something like this.

Hughes (WK)
Warner
Watson
Katich
Smith
Rorher
SOK/Maddinson
Hauritz
Clark
Starc
Cummings

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
War got his wish, Clark not playing. He probably would have done well here but the spinners seem to be the way to go thus far from what I've read. Gives us a dam good tail.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Steve smith and henriques will be lucky to keep their positions next game. Ordinary.

----------

If Hughes would keep then that would help the cause. Could go with something like this.

Hughes (WK)
Warner
Watson
Katich
Smith
Rorher
SOK/Maddinson
Hauritz
Clark
Starc
Cummings
Always a risk playing a non keeper as a keeper. Is his extra 20 runs worth the catch he drops or the stumping he misses?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Always a risk playing a non keeper as a keeper. Is his extra 20 runs worth the catch he drops or the stumping he misses?

Probably not this game given Smith basically has 50 runs then.

Smith really has struggled for the big hits since making the Aussie side and Henriques so called big hitting has been no where to be seen.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Bowling struggled. Hauritz bowled very poorly. I think starc and cummins were dumb instead of terrible. It was a slow pitch and they were giving the batsmen the pace they wanted/needed.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Something for both to learn from, clearly can tell this is their first match in India on the big stage. Cummins bowled much better that over.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Something for both to learn from, clearly can tell this is their first match in India on the big stage. Cummins bowled much better that over.

Starc's T20 record is pretty damn ordinary and an inexperienced attack could have done with someone with Clark's brains.

Cummins will learn, he bowled far better his second spell but the game was out of reach by then and they didn't have to swing at the quicks anymore.

Hauritz got belted around first up as well.

But it was Smith and Henriques that did the damage, they spent 4 overs scoring **** all. Regardless of the pitch it was an ordinary effort as they have both played a lot of T20 now.

Cobras had a very strong line-up, I thought that as soon as I saw the teamsheets. I was just hoping that Gibbs was still in the same garbage from he's been in for the past 2 years, but that was a vain hope.

Users who are viewing this thread