Champions League Twenty20 2011

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would be great if Somerset won the Champions League, 5 runners up medals in 5 attempts and then winning the big one.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Another relatively simple win for Somerset, despite trying to make it hard for ourselves. The only criticism I have is that we're sending Waller and Gregory home, yet keeping 4 pace bowlers in the squad despite only playing one in Thomas. I hope we don't get any injuries as we could be painfully short. Kieswetter and Buttler should be back for the next game too, so that should remove a couple of weak links.

Kieswetter was not very impressive against India (expect for the last couple of games or so). They should go with their 3rd choice wicket keeper who is currently playing. They made a heavy weather of the chase today.

----------

Would be great if Somerset won the Champions League, 5 runners up medals in 5 attempts and then winning the big one.

They sound like SA :lol. Need to try Guru Gary.

Hopefully CSK will come back hard.

----------

KKR v/s Somerset

Pathan, woefully short of runs, was waiting like a hungry tiger and there he is...pouncing on Suppiah :D...Poor man...30 runs of one over...:lol:lol

That is all he did. Other than that he ended up wasting some deliveries. He needs to combine brutal hitting with some sensible placement. None the less a valuble lesson for suppiah.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Speaking to AUS posters in aussie1st, angryangy, sifter123 etc who have seen Cummins bowl in domestic cricket last season.

To me the few times i saw him bowl in the bigbash in January his run up seemed much smooter, in the game vs Cobras his run seemed very stuttery. Did you guys notice this?, or to your knowledge is stil the same?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Kieswetter was not very impressive against India (expect for the last couple of games or so). They should go with their 3rd choice wicket keeper who is currently playing. They made a heavy weather of the chase today.

Ha Ha Ha, good one, you leave the judgement on the Somerset players to those of us who have watched them play domestically. I'll take the Man of the Match from the T20 World Cup Final every day of the week that he's available, thank you very much. And that's without considering that he's better behind the stumps and bats in a completely different position to Snell as well.

----------

And heavy weather of the chase? I don't see that. Once van der Merwe got us ahead of the rate, it was just a case of making sure that we didn't lose too many wickets, as we knew we'd get the runs if Compton or Hildreth batted through, which is exactly what happened. No point trying to get the runs in 18 overs when you don't have too.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
all the night matches in clt20 so far have been thriller. what a match b/w TT and MI.

MI just a win away from semi final now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
After captaining so superbly till the very end, Ganga fluffed it up off the very last ball to give MI a magical and another lucky jailbreak. With 2 runs to get off the last ball with the final wicket to take, why on earth did he spread out the field and offer a chance to the tailender Chahal for taking a single? And Chahal converted that into a two and won MI a lucky match. 97-9 off the last ball with two to get, Trinidad was so close to a miracle win after being bowled out for 98.

After these two wins, MI look good for a berth in the next round. But feel sorry for trinidad. Ganga was brilliant and the team was just so sharp and determined.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Trinida were the true champions today mumbai didnt deserved to win todays match and they did showcased that without sachin their batting lineup is awful... Yet they were luckly enough to win today but trinida did manage to steel the hearts with taking it to the last ball of the match after scoring only 98 and today i found the true tigers not in the forest or zoo or but in the field that to in my home town...

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn it. I reached quite early for the match and was waiting near Gate 9. Then out of nowhere gate opened and someone came out. I was thinking hey he looks familiar. Then i was like, no it can't be him, there would be some security around him if he's really who i think he is. Then when he was just 2 feet away from me, i realized he's really "Ishant" :eek:, Before i could take out my cam he got in the Car parked just next to me and went. :facepalm

Then a few minutes later another Car came and it had NCA sticker on it. This time i asked the driver who's coming out and it was Cheteshwer Pujara. By that time they started entry in the Stadium and then i spotted Pujara. I took some pics with him and then he walked past a line of 30 people into his car and ts a shame nobody else even recognised who he is. He was really polite :clap

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
MI just a win away from semi final now.

Not really. If you can see the previous edition, all off Victoria, Warriors & CSK won 3 of their 4 games with the Vics bowing out on NRR. Mumbai's two wins so far haven't been impressive enough to boost their NRR (+0.08 as of now), so if they win just one of their remaining two games, they could face the prospect of elimination, should two more teams win 3 games apiece too. Unlikely though.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Not really. If you can see the previous edition, all off Victoria, Warriors & CSK won 3 of their 4 games with the Vics bowing out on NRR. Mumbai's two wins so far haven't been impressive enough to boost their NRR (+0.08 as of now), so if they win just one of their remaining two games, they could face the prospect of elimination, should two more teams win 3 games apiece too. Unlikely though.

ya, but this time all 5 teams in a group are well balanced, unlike previous edition. i am expecting all teams in a group to win atleast a match..

In other group, it looks like warriors will qualify for semi after seeing their last 2 matches.

Then a few minutes later another Car came and it had NCA sticker on it. This time i asked the driver who's coming out and it was Cheteshwer Pujara. By that time they started entry in the Stadium and then i spotted Pujara. I took some pics with him and then he walked past a line of 30 people into his car and ts a shame nobody else even recognised who he is. He was really polite :clap

if i was you i will surely keep that photo safe with me because in future he will be surely a star. he got injured in IPL and missed 2 test series.. I hope he is now fit for west indies and australia test series.

I still remember about 8 - 9 years back, dhoni used to come to my city for a tournament and nobody ever thought he will play for india.
i took a autograph of JP Yadav (he was ranji star) but only played few matches for india.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Champions League stats until NSW v MI:

South Africa: 14-10

Cape Cobras 4-3
Eagles 2-2
Warriors 6-3
Lions 2-2

England: 4-7

Sussex 0-2
Somerset 4-3
Leicestershire 0-2

IPL: 19-19

Daredevils 2-2
Challengers 4-7
Chargers 0-2
Superkings 6-2
Mumbai 4-3
Knight riders 3-3

West Indies: 7-7

Trinidad 7-3
Guyana 0-4

Australia: 17-8

Blues 7-2
Bushrangers 5-4
Redbacks 5-2

Sri Lanka: 3-5

Wayamba 2-4
Ruhuna 1-1

New Zealand: 0-6

Otago 0-2
Stags 0-4
Auckland 0-2

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh no, I have watched a ball of this tournament by mistake. Luckily, KKR lost the match, because I watched a ball of that match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
KKR is a very poor team undeserving of the CLT20 qualification. Even the game that they won in the qualifiers, they were lucky to win it (won by just 2 runs). Right now, they are headed towards a huge defeat that could spoil their NRR badly.

Tomorrow CSK faces a vital match against Cobras. Hope CSK can rectify its mistakes from the last game and win it. CSK has looked the better of all IPL teams so far (though only game they played but still they dominated 85% of the match). Hope they get to the semis.

Users who are viewing this thread