Story Coming Of Age - A Bangladesh Story [ICC 2006]

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
2nd One Day International

In the Box

Well after a dismal start to the one day series the Bangladesh batsmen will need to step up if they are to create any chance of winning the series, I’m Athar Ali Khan and welcome. On a positive note the bowlers have been in tremendous form, not giving Australia much to work with and even giving them a scare when chasing a very low total. Damien Fleming is with the two captains now for the all important coin toss.

With the Captains

DF: We are down here amongst the doom and gloom with a pitch made for the spinners as per usual. The opening bowlers will be dangerous with a lot of swing expected which will help the likes of Jason Gillespie and Syed Rasel. The clouds will get darker as the day goes on so it’s a good toss to lose. The two captains are here and it is Habibul Bashar to call.

HB: Tails!

DF: and its Heads! Ricky what do you want to do?

RP: We will send them in and have a field again

DF: Is this trying to maintain the pressure on the Bangladesh batsmen?

RP: They haven’t been in good form and we would like to try and take advantage of that.

DF: Any changes?

RP: Same line-up they played well the other day and I hope our boys can do it again!

DF: Thanks Ricky, now Habibul what do the Bangladeshi batsmen have to do to get themselves out of this rut and give their bowlers something to work with?

HB: I think we just really have to knuckle down and concentrate. Our bowlers have been in superb form especially Abdur and Mohammed so we want to give them the best opportunity to win the game.

DF: Disappointed to be batting first?

HB: Not really, our batting is our weakness at the moment and no matter when you bat you cant hide from it, I hope our openers return to the form they can achieve and set us a good start that the rest of us can build on.

DF: Thanks Habibul, there you have it Ricky Ponting has won the toss and it looks like the Bangladeshis will bat first.

Back in the Box

Thanks Damien, it looks like the Australians have opted for the same tactic to build pressure on the Bangladeshi batsmen early. This match should be quite interesting to watch and might give as a key to what the Tigers hold for the rest of the future. We will be back in 10 minutes time I hope to see you then.

Uttara Bank Question of the Day (Rep Points)

Who was the first ever international captain for Bangladesh?

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Habibul Bashar said:
Not really, our batting is our weakness at the moment and no matter when you bat you cant hide from it

Seems to be true in both in your game and in real life Griffo, but let's hope they can do better and challenge the Aussies this time.

And Gazi Ashraf Hossain captained the Bangladeshi team in their first ODI in 1986.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
2nd ODI - Australia v Bangladesh - 26th of April 2006 at Chittagong

The First 15

The Bangladeshi openers make their way to the field and they will be looking to build slowly so they do not have the same incident as the previous game. The Australian bowlers will be instantly looking for the kill as they always do and it?s sure to be an interesting battle.

Brett Lee takes the new ball and Shariar Nafees takes him apart hitting three boundaries inside his first over. They continue to go at over six runs per over until Shariar Nafees edges a delivery to the slips and departs for 25 runs off 21 balls.

90618360ml8.png

Aftab Ahmed has an impact upon his arrival at the crease by dispatching Glenn McGrath to the boundary immediately. Tamim Iqbal and Aftab Ahmed continue to keep the run rate above six an over even after the dismissal of Shariar Nafees. Jason Gillespie then dismisses Aftab Ahmed for 26 after edging the delivery to Australian vice-captain Adam Gilchrist.

55253742wn8.png

The out of form Mohammed Ashraful comes to the crease joining Tamim Iqbal who is on 27 and seems to be showing his true potential. The pace bowlers continue to get belted around Chittagong with the introduction of Shane Warne a key point in this game on a turning deck. The drinks are brought onto the field at the fifteen over mark and if Bangladesh can bat for 50 overs Australia could be in deep trouble.

Bangladesh Innings - 103/2 after 15 overs
(Iqbal 31, McGrath 1-20)

Current Batsmen
T.Iqbal 31 (41)
M.Ashraful 17 (12)

Current Bowlers
S.Watson 1-0-4-0
J.Gillespie 3-0-23-1

Session Highlight: The Bangladeshi batsmen?s treatment of Brett Lees bowling​

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
My computer is infected DEEP! and my files for this story are DELETED! so im afraid I have to stop it... but until my computer is completely fixed I will not be returning to the forums

Im sorry guys I really wanted to keep going but after this I think its a good time to leave the forums and....... live! lol

ROCK ON!!!

Griffmeister 3000

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
They were corrupted! It was not that i didnt want to continue this story its just that i couldnt

Users who are viewing this thread