Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

one other thing Snowy (and anyone else),

when downloading unlinked players always download and do the link when the player is a free agent - this way your free agent disappears and you only have one instance of the player.

if you add the player to a team, and then link, the player you added to the team will be a separate instance to the player you linked to (e.g. you will have 2 players.)

Understood Block..I think I have my own Vettori and Hales from memory.

Good to see this is all coming together. I'll have to put the time in and get my Aus teams fully ready to go.

it's amazing how helpful doing the international teams are for other teams - was just looking through the mumbai team trying to find someone else, and i noticed most of the squad is already linked!

lots of players in county and aus teams linked through the international teams too (plus my 2005 ashes and england worst xi).

as you say, really good to see it coming together.

are any of your aus teams fully linked yet? (i don't mind if skills etc. haven't been done yet)

it's amazing how helpful doing the international teams are for other teams - was just looking through the mumbai team trying to find someone else, and i noticed most of the squad is already linked!

lots of players in county and aus teams linked through the international teams too (plus my 2005 ashes and england worst xi).

as you say, really good to see it coming together.

are any of your aus teams fully linked yet? (i don't mind if skills etc. haven't been done yet)

Nope. I literally have't touched linked (in any serious way, just testing it out). Ended up having to create 120+ Australian players myself (either hadn't beed made by anyone, or looked a bit generic/off). But this does cover all six state teams and all eight BBL teams.

I'm really happy with all the faces and kit...just need to get in to the attributes and linking...but that shouldn't take too long.

I've already got a Hales and Vettori for example...but you can just replace them with the ones you already have linked I imagine.

If you search 'Casper' as the username, you can see all the players

Last edited:
thanks. i think it would be great if people who haven't maybe created players were to download players link them and share the teams. it would be a great way of spreading the load.

i'm working on the all time and historic teams at the moment - got 30s eng/aus uploaded, and have linked eng, aus and wi all time teams but not skilled or attributed them yet. (just pausing to take a second to ask who at big ant thought darren bravo, fidel edwards and ridley jacobs make a west indies all time squad????)

when i've done them i might turn my attention to linking any domestic teams you or monkeymom have done but not linked - but i'm unlikely to play much domestic stuff - unless in tours, maybe - so it's not a pressing issue for me personally.

Sounds great, looking forward to your alltime teams BD. I hope we can get all the domestic finished up before release. I am really looking forward to career mode and want it as realistic as possible.

Blocker, how can you differentiate the non linked team and linked team on CA? is there anyway you could check before you download? The reason for asking this question is i might start linking munkey's domestic team so we will have at least all the english domestic done and dusted.

Blocker, how can you differentiate the non linked team and linked team on CA? is there anyway you could check before you download? The reason for asking this question is i might start linking munkey's domestic team so we will have at least all the english domestic done and dusted.

You cant. Asked ross about it...to have a linked sign by the teams/players in them on the server if possible.

as israr says there's no easy way.

if you have downloaded all my international teams, a lot of players in the county teams will be linked already. my approach would just be to pick a county - you will see who is linked via the international teams - list who is not linked, then you can get them from monkeymomo's county teams. if you download it player player it's slightly more time consuming, but helps you keep a tidy roster. any players monkey has linked will go straight into the roster (just check/uncheck what you want to keep - i'd check everything except stats) and those which are unlinked will go into free agents and you can link from there.

with a bit of methodical organisation i bet we could do all the teams in no time.

e.g. you could say "i'll do somerset" and someone else "i'll do yorkshire etc." and we can avoid duplicating effort.

(it's even more time consuming, but the way to really "get best" is to get the roster from monkey, then search name by name and download the best example. but since most of us won't have a clue what 99% of the players look like, just sticking with monkey's county, snowy's aus etc. is the best way to go.)

Last edited:
as israr says there's no easy way.

if you have downloaded all my international teams, a lot of players in the county teams will be linked already. my approach would just be to pick a county - you will see who is linked via the international teams - list who is not linked, then you can get them from monkeymomo's county teams. if you download it player player it's slightly more time consuming, but helps you keep a tidy roster. any players monkey has linked will go straight into the roster (just check/uncheck what you want to keep - i'd check everything except stats) and those which are unlinked will go into free agents and you can link from there.

with a bit of methodical organisation i bet we could do all the teams in no time.

e.g. you could say "i'll do somerset" and someone else "i'll do yorkshire etc." and we can avoid duplicating effort.

(it's even more time consuming, but the way to really "get best" is to get the roster from monkey, then search name by name and download the best example. but since most of us won't have a clue what 99% of the players look like, just sticking with monkey's county, snowy's aus etc. is the best way to go.)

I think that's the way to move forward. I will start doing those. Thanks for the explanation again from you and israr.

if you wish to recreate one of the most exciting series of all time (certainly in living memory), i have uploaded the 2005 Ashes squads.

Brad Haddin (he was on the tour but didn't appear in the internationals) and Chris Read (dropped the previous spring) are in the squads as back up keepers, but otherwise they consist of players who appeared in the Tests, ODIs, and T20 of that summer (the ODI was a tri-series with Bangladesh, who I haven't done!).

There are no on-disc teams for these squads, but all players that have on-disc counterparts have been linked. The only unlinked players are Hogg and Symonds for Aus, and Giles, Gough, Solanki, Strauss, and Vaughan for England. All these unlinked players have up to date stats, though Solanki (Surrey) and Hogg (Perth) are still playing, but are not in the on-disc rosters for whatever reason. I understand they could be added later so it's worth keeping an eye on.

All players are skilled/attributed, and have individual sponsors. Teams have custom uniforms that should be close to what they wore that summer. Default line ups and uniforms for the relevant match types have been set.

The teams are:
Team: 2005 England
Batting: 4 stars
Bowling: 4 Stars

Team: 2005 Australia
Batting: 4 stars
Bowling: 4 Stars

Last edited:
Plz correct some things because defo, australias bowling is not 4 stars they were ok in england, and have been smashed around in india, there is no high quality big bowler in their team like steyn, philander, ajmal etc. And i would probably put pakistans bowling a bit higher, and batting lower, cos they have junaid khan mohammed irfan who are 2 quality fast bowlers, and afridi,rehman,and ajmal making up arguably the best spin attack in the world

Plz correct some things because defo, australias bowling is not 4 stars they were ok in england, and have been smashed around in india, there is no high quality big bowler in their team like steyn, philander, ajmal etc. And i would probably put pakistans bowling a bit higher, and batting lower, cos they have junaid khan mohammed irfan who are 2 quality fast bowlers, and afridi,rehman,and ajmal making up arguably the best spin attack in the world

far be it from me to defend the aussies, but you're overlooking that for various reasons the squad in india is missing some seriously good bowlers, who are in the CA roster and therefore bring up their bowling score.

also, the rating is about the whole squad - those are very good bowlers you've mentioned for pakistan, but how good are the backup/rest of the squad?

i can't claim to be an expert in every team in the world and their fringe players especially, but i am happy that the ratings broadly reflect what most neutrals would agree are the relative strengths of the teams at the moment - certainly in test cricket, which is what i care about the most! :) i am certain, however, that there are plenty of individuals i have got wrong, some horrendously so. but the great thing about CA is once downloaded you can change anything you want.

i'm also reasonably content that being 4 pages in before anyone quibbles with the ratings is a fairly good indication i didn't get it too far off at the squad level!

I reckon your ratings are pretty fair block would think England's 1st choice bowlers are better than the Aussies but saying that they were in par this summer and their backup bowlers are on par with our back up, so all in all its a good system.

----------

Also do you think it's a better idea to download ruck/munkeymomos domestic teams and whatever other domestic teams one might want before downloading your international teams, would it be better to do it that way round do you reckon??

I reckon your ratings are pretty fair block would think England's 1st choice bowlers are better than the Aussies but saying that they were in par this summer and their backup bowlers are on par with our back up, so all in all its a good system.

----------

Also do you think it's a better idea to download ruck/munkeymomos domestic teams and whatever other domestic teams one might want before downloading your international teams, would it be better to do it that way round do you reckon??

i think it doesn't matter if they're linked. though doing the international teams gets you lots of domestic players linked.

i reckon my ratings are broadly close, though as i say i am sure individuals will be well off. i was surprised england only came out 3.5 bowling, but it's the highest it would be without making the likes of rankin, meaker, woakes and dernbach unjustifiably good. I reckon swap out meaker and woakes for tremlett and onions and we'd be getting a 4!

Users who are viewing this thread