Controller Support / 360 degree controls

rohit3d2003

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gamepad is not working in Windows 7 RTM

I have a Logitech gamepad which is working fine with Vista. Recently I upgraded to Windows 7 and it does not seems to be working fine with. I have not patched the game at all, so its the one with beta patch on it. Can anyone help in this regard.

T20

Panel of Selectors
Has anyone successfully tried using XBox 360 wireless controller (which comes with XBox) to play on PC using Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Has anyone successfully tried using XBox 360 wireless controller (which comes with XBox) to play on PC using Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows?

I wanna know as well ...

EDIT -

The controller works fine by default with the beta patch applied.

Last edited:

singhy44

Club Captain
Edit Controller Settings through USER.DAT?

Since downloading the Beta Patch, I cannot set the P2 controller as my Logitech Dual Action. This wasn't a problem before, but now, whenever I reach the menu for controller setup, the game freezes, forcing me to end task using task manager. Can the controller setting be adjusted through a DAT file?
Thanks

Naved123

School Cricketer
Hurray............just got 2 xbox controllers for just 100 INR. and modified them work with pc. They both worked like a charm in AC09

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hurray............just got 2 xbox controllers for just 100 INR. and modified them work with pc. They both worked like a charm in AC09

WOW !! Pirated gamepads too :p

Naved123

School Cricketer
Na, they are original. I got them from the second hand market. And then went to a gaming shop to confirm whether they are original or not.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
ahh.. good for you then ;) A controller for 50 bugs isn't a bad deal at all... thats like $1 for each controller.

Cricket craazy

School Cricketer
I have a Thrustmaster T-Mini Rumble which is a PS2/PC controller and i also have a Genius Max Fire Blaze 2 which is also a PS2/PC controller.I tried to play ashes 2009 pc game with these controllers but none work.
Can anyone help me about this.
Thanks

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a Thrustmaster T-Mini Rumble which is a PS2/PC controller and i also have a Genius Max Fire Blaze 2 which is also a PS2/PC controller.I tried to play ashes 2009 pc game with these controllers but none work.
Can anyone help me about this.
Thanks

You could always use 'Xpadder' - which is a programme that lets you map specific keyboard keys to buttons on your controller. I used it for AC09 with a PS2 controller. However I've since bought a xbox360 pad which works really well.

Turbobent

School Cricketer
gamepad`s

How about including some support for using gamepads ??.
I have a Saitek gamepad that works fine with other sportsgames but not with
Ashes.
From the manual the game does not support gamepad`s.
That`s a pity

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a better way but it's a bit complex and involves registry editing. If you can't get into the Registry Editor by yourself, do what AngryPixel suggests.

Anyway, adapted slightly from GTAForums.com -> Possible fix for USB gamepad problem

Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\

You should see a long list of VID_0000&PID_0000 listings, now you need to go find which one of those is your device. In most cases it is obvious, there will be a + sign next to it with some more options, but if you see multiple ones you need to check it in Device Manager, just find the right device (Mine was under 'HID-compliant game controller'). In the details tab the option is Device instance ID, which will give you the relevant number.

Once you have it, pick buttons from the drop down menu, for me I have 12 buttons so it was numbered 0 to 11. Note that in the testing page it is numbered from 1, so take away one from those numbers, or any numbers printed on the buttons themselves.

The test page is useful to help you here, Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Properties. Then look what button press corresponds to what number, and compare that to where you'd expect the button to be.

Then, go back to regedit, and take a note of the 'Attributes', which will be a hex string that identifies what button is what. For mine it was

02 80 00 00 09 00 -- 00

where the -- was counting up in hex from 01 for the button 0 to 0c for button 11.

From here, you'd do a simple swap. For me buttons three and one were upside down, so you'd set Button 0 (button one) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 03 00 and Button 2 (button three) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 01 00.

You might need to restart for it to take effect. But for me the greater issue is AC09 doesn't even notice my pad in the first place.

Hey, i have a xbox controller thus the controls arent my problem. But i have another joystick which i use when i c-op with my friends. They say it is a unfair advantage as the backfoot shot direction is mapped on the right axis of right analog:noway. So they gotta have more than 2 hands to play a backfoot shot.

If you can find a way to rectify this then it would save me a bit from the abuse i got from them when i thump them with huge margins everytime:D:D

Cheers

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Na, they are original. I got them from the second hand market. And then went to a gaming shop to confirm whether they are original or not.

50 bucks !! :eek:Can you tell me exactly where you got them:confused:?? My friend gonna be in delhi for few weeks in jan, i would ask him to buy one:phone. That shall make my co-op friends in Ashes Cricket 09:thumbs happy:happy:happy

Users who are viewing this thread