Correct Names Patch

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Will your PS3 patch also include unlocked stadiums? I hear its a real bitch to unlock all of them!

Sureshot

Executive member
It's just to have an up to date roster. I'll include Onions for England too (get rid of Vaughan). I'm not entirely sure if you'll need both my User Stats and User Profile or not. Probably both.

Nah, I won't go through completing the tasks. You can do that yourself! Though at some point, I'm sure people will start uploading save files with everything in.

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Thanks budd!

Correct names are more important anyway but why in god's name would they lock the stadiums though? Lock Kallis' lucky golden thong or Malinga's alternate drag outfit but stadiums?!

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I agree - if you're going to lock stadiums, then you need to put extra stadiums in the game!

Sureshot

Executive member
To be fair guys, some of the stadiums only need unlocking by bowling a side out, or just completing a game! It's there way of lengthening the game out, making it a bit longer to play.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hey mate,could you please tell me where do I put the user.dat file? I put it in the installed folder,but the names are still wrong.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It goes in Documents/My Games/Codemasters/Ashes Cricket 2009 in Windows 7. Probably Documents and settings for XP.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Just compared the two in WinDiff. No chance!

Well that's because if the header is different everything else will be out of place. The question is can we copy from the first player to the last player and paste the data over. Post the PS3 one here.

Sureshot

Executive member
It didn't look that way...but I may be wrong.

Attachments

• USER.zip
    140.1 KB · Views: 335

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There's 5000 more bytes of player data in the PS3 version - no idea why. I could possibly try and figure it all out but yeah you're probably best doing it yourself (especially as changing names via hex seems to lead to checksum problems).

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
As asked earlier is this possible for Xbox? As at the moment I can't be bothered to play against any of the other teams as it annoys me with the wrong names.

Sureshot

Executive member
Something which cropped up in another thread is save files for PS3 "locking" trophies. I'm looking/asking to see if there is a way around it.

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks mate - good job - will this work in online games?

Ok I can't seem to get this to work (I'm a bit thick when it comes to technical computer stuff)

Can anyone advise me to where I drop the downloaded file to - I just dragged it into the AC09 folder but nothing seemed to work as the incorrect names still appear in game

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread