Crick4life(Ravi) ODI AI patch Ver 3

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have had few PMs asking me to upload the latest patch and here we go. Please make sure you use Graphics Editor Ver 3 to install the field set up for ODI and Config editor 3 to "Import AI". Using Graphics editor use import as zip and choose the field setup file included in the attachment.

These are few points of to conider if at all you want to use this patch :

1. Batting is easy but run rate fairly realistic(I hope).
2. No need to worry about those yorkers, easy to score of them. You can use ondrive, leg glance or even straight drive to keep the yorkers away.
3. CPU batting has not really been tinkered too much from the old patch but given the new stroke files it may be easy to contain the CPU to realistic scores.

This patch is only ODIs in hard mode. I have no intention of tweaking it for normal and easy levels as of now. Test cricket patch will come up in due course when I start the online test match cricket after the current ODI series.

For good results use Sam's no cursor exe when batting and use Sam's exe without runout bug. You could also use Sam's new exe Ver 1.2 if that works for you.

If you want to leave any comments you are more than welcome to.

Cheers

Last edited:

vibs89

School Cricketer
Thankzz Ravi for once aain making a patch. Anyway i have always counted on your patch. I love yor patch.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Few tips just in case someone needs it as this is a fairly changed patch :

I didn't do too much tweaking on the six shots alone, it's the overall game that has been tightned. For once I thought we could play a game say when we lose couple of wickets we may have to let a lot of balls go by settle down and play percentage cricket. Trust me I tried to play a wham bham game and was found wanting big time even playing as Australia. Only picking the bad balls to hit was the best way to bat long. Just want to make sure when you bat also there will be instance when you lose too many wickets quickly remember to consolidate otherwise you will finish up scoring badly. With this new configs there are chances you may get out to yorkers of edge trying to score of yorkers. You can always defend a yorker than trying to score of it. when too many wickets have fell.

gold639

International Coach
Thanks alot Ravi.I've always loved your patches :)

Hero

Club Captain
Thanks for uploading latest patch Ravi.I will give it a try soon.Let me know is applicable to 10,20 or is only for 50 overs match.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Thanks for your comments guys, this one is way different from my previous patches. The emphasis is yet again on being able to lose or win but this time around with less scores.

Hero, this one is only for 50 overs I guess, haven't test 20 and 10 overs but I guess it should work.

gold639

International Coach
The Champ said:
really i enjoy ur patch for the shear aggressiveness of cpu, can we use it in conjunction with the new beta exe by sam

Yeah in the first post he said that we could.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I had a go with this yesterday and really liked it. I made 363/5 with Australia without ixspeed. My only comment would involve the fields. Quite often I would be given a 7-2 offside field with no-one between fine leg and mid on. That obviously made it a bit easy to score heavily with the six hit shots and no risk of being caught.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Now the new patch I guess is much better, it gives you an easy batting option but runs are not very easy to come by. You should try this one Colin.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
hey ravi is the bowling the same from the previous patch?

crick4life

International Cricketer
No Jazz, the way CPU approaches though is the same runs realised will be lot different. In my older patches I had it set up in a way where you could lose some and win some. The approach was to ensure it was easy to score for both CPU and the humans.

This time around it's pretty much the same but you will have more chance with the ball. You will most definitely be able to limit CPU to a realistic score but chasing or setting target will require patience.

barmyarmy said:
Against England as well. I was expecting to lose! ;p

Plenty has chaged in just over months I went missing :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread