Ravi/Radaga's AI Patches

Radaga

International Coach
Well, after a long stage of playing with ravi's patches i found that the batting was a bit too easy for me so now i have changed a few things and made it a bit harder, while at the same time using Ravi's great bowling settings to get the CPU making massive scores. After i asked for his permission to edit his patches (thankfully he said i could) my goal was to release a patch that was not impossible to bat with, but still was still enough of a challenge with Ravi's patch being so hard to bowl. Now after about a month of editing and 2 months of testing i think i have finally reached something i am happy with.

For everyone wanting to know here are the features of the patch:
  • Harder Human Batting- harder to time your shots plus more chance of edges if you play across the line.
  • Better CPU Bowling- the CPU doesn't just always bowl on the stumps. Bowling that annyoning line outside off stump, especially in tests. Bouncers and yorkers are better directed also.
  • CPU Batting Improved- they are harder to get out and they play aggressivley. the CPU is a real challenge to bowl at, especially playing against Australia.
  • CPU sets a target- the CPU tends to bat better when setting a target. Even when autoplaying they will set you something big to chase down.
  • Improved CPU Field placement- with the creation of a Field Editor the field can now be changed, i am still not fully happy with the changes i have made, but they will do for now. Some feedback on the field would be helpful so i can make some changes.

I dont know what else to add in, it is just an overall improvement.

There are 2 seperate patches, 1 for test matches and one for one dayers. Swap between them using the config editor, depending on what type of match you wish to play.
The fields can be imported using the field editor

When using this patch i recommend using !xSpeed on around 1.51 or higher and Sam's EXE. This way you get the best experience.

A special thanks to Ravi for all his work and for allowing me to continue editing his patches! :)

Patches attached below:

Attachments

• Cricket 2004 Fields.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Test Cricket Patch [ver 1.0a].zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 79
  • One Day Patch [ver 1.0a].zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Prakash

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there is any difference between the odi and test patch apart from cpu pacing

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
radaga i downloaded your patch but the open field is put of place overall i really love your patch.

Radaga

International Coach
Prakash said:
Is there is any difference between the odi and test patch apart from cpu pacing
There are heaps of differences. It is much harder to bat in tests, the shots are way harder to time and there are more edges for human batsman. In the first 15 overs it is very hard to play anything besides drives, cut shots, etc.. because those shots get edges. It is more like real life, u have to leave a lot of balls outside off stump untill the ball looses its shine.

In one dayers the batting is a little easier but the CPU is very hard to control. I am yet to find somewhere you can bowl and keep them tied down.
I think the best score i restricted them to besides on a wet or green pitch was a 260.

In tests the bowling is hard also, the CPU can bat for a really long time, and once they haveplayed themselves in they are extremly hard to bowl to, especially with spinners.

the main reason there are 2 patches is because in order to make the CPU Batsman bat well you need to change some of the stroke types. For example in test matches not many aggresive strokes are chosen by the CPU, so in order to get them to play these strokes you need to change the shot from aggresive to moderate or defensive.
But then it stuffs up it for One dayers, in one dayers mostly aggresive shots are used so those shots have been changed to defensive, hence why there are 2 patches. It also good to have 2 so you can change the power of shots for different types of matches, because some shots are used more by humans in tests than in one dayers and vice-versa

gold639

International Coach
Radaga said:
the main reason there are 2 patches is because in order to make the CPU Batsman bat well you need to change some of the stroke types. For example in test matches not many aggresive strokes are chosen by the CPU, so in order to get them to play these strokes you need to change the shot from aggresive to moderate or defensive.

Hey...I never thought of that.Cool idea.I guess even I should release them in two patches. :)

Radaga

International Coach
yeah, it definantely works well, it does take a bit of time to figure out, but Ravi did it before i did it so i had a bit of a guide.

I think this is the reason that Tutsi's patches have not been very good to bowl with because he only has one version for both types of matches.

gold639

International Coach
Exactly.Before I use to not quite understand why Ravi and Sac2k4pt used to release 2 patches.Now I know why.:)

Radaga

International Coach
not a problem mate, its good to see someone ask some questions :)

Hope you enjoy! :)

groobz

Club Cricketer
My god, all these patches, i'm not going to be able to drag myself away from cricket!!

brad352

Executive member
After playing one session with the patch (!xspeed on 1.51), I can say that it plays very well. I'm using my own cricket team against India, and we're 2/97 at lunch (normal pitch). I played cautiously at the start, with a bit of movement, and started to play a couple of shots towards the end of the session. Both wickets fell to Harbhajan, LBW. The shots are pretty good, I've hit a few fours, and plenty of singles- there's not much that I could tell you to improve on at this stage.

EDIT:

I've finished the first innings, I got bowled out for 213 :eek: :crying
My real problem is with spin, I got 4 out of the top 6 LBW to Harbhajan- once I came to terms with playing him, it was all right. Two batsmen got to 50, both got out quickly- I was impressed with my number 9 getting an edge off Balaji in the 59th over. In general, the patch plays great, and I batted pretty crap.

EDIT2:

Bowled India out for 71. 8 of those wickets were from edges, 1 was stumped and 1 run out. The CPU played spin very well (1/27 off 5 overs) and generally played the quicker bowlers well, if you can fix the edges it'll be great.

My opening bowler took 6/9, all from edges :D

Last edited:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
whats xspeed?

Radaga

International Coach
vibs89 said:
Hey raadaga i'm gonno try ur pacthes soon and review how is it it.
Ok, thanks a lot vibs, i hope u enjoy the patch :)

brad352 said:
After playing one session with the patch (!xspeed on 1.51), I can say that it plays very well. I'm using my own cricket team against India, and we're 2/97 at lunch (normal pitch). I played cautiously at the start, with a bit of movement, and started to play a couple of shots towards the end of the session. Both wickets fell to Harbhajan, LBW. The shots are pretty good, I've hit a few fours, and plenty of singles- there's not much that I could tell you to improve on at this stage.

EDIT:

I've finished the first innings, I got bowled out for 213 :eek: :crying
My real problem is with spin, I got 4 out of the top 6 LBW to Harbhajan- once I came to terms with playing him, it was all right. Two batsmen got to 50, both got out quickly- I was impressed with my number 9 getting an edge off Balaji in the 59th over. In general, the patch plays great, and I batted pretty crap.
EDIT2:

Bowled India out for 71. 8 of those wickets were from edges, 1 was stumped and 1 run out. The CPU played spin very well (1/27 off 5 overs) and generally played the quicker bowlers well, if you can fix the edges it'll be great.

My opening bowler took 6/9, all from edges :D

Thanks a lot for that feedback Brad, the CPU edges can be easily fixed! :)
I will fix that up in the next 15 mins and post it.
Im very happy with that result, glad to see your score under the usual 2000!, lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:- Here is the newer version of the test match patch.
Hopefully it fixes that edges problem for you Brad.

Test Match Patch version 1.0a is attached below and also in the first topic

Attachments

• Test Cricket Patch [ver 1.0a].zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread