Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Delayed due to title.................

from a wbsite I found that, they are not sure about their tittle.:onpc
they are thinking ot keep the title as EA SPORTS ICC CRICKET 09 and then their representative told they are not sure about this becaus BLIC has licence from ICC

The title will likely be just "Cricket 09" on the box. They do have some ICC licences, but not all of them. Expect it to be like BLIC 07 in this regard, fully licensed in some modes, and completely fake in the others.

thanks for the heads up!! i really cant wait for the info for this game:happy

EA have fake tounaments such as world championship and world series..... as BLIC has license from ICC to show ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP and CHAMPIONS TROPHY.....

but i think in 09 they ( EA) ICC T-20 approved by ICC and they also got approal rom ACB....

Ishpray added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Rumors are coming that it will be only on PC platform ...............

I am surprised that you guys are quite happy and contended with just change in the format of game/kits/updated-bats which should have been ideally an update patch of 07.. But they release it as Cricket 09 :rolleyes: Excellent!

pfft what silly names some people are guessing

Of course it will just be called Cricket 09
maybe if they feel like cashing in they will add ashes edition or fight for the ashes underneath.

An what you heard on ICC 20/20 was probably someone within easports who has no idea what ICC means but he does know there will be some kind of international 20/20 tournament in the game.

hmmm....i dont understand why people are so excited on a 20/20 tournament ??

cause, IIRC, every game mode and difficulty level in c2k7 was equivalent to 20/20 format right ?? :rolleyes:

Hope now you understand my frustration when I see the word "next gen".

The thing is, the C2k9 is widely accepted as the wrong way to say it. It is C09, C07, C05, C04 etc.

"Next-Gen," is widely accepted as "latching" onto consoles.

Wikipedia says it best,

Click here

Obviously Wikipedia is no where near a proper source, but it basically says what I want it to.

Allow me to break it up.

From line one,

This sums up my beliefs.

No-where is "PC's," mentioned there.

For home consoles, the seventh generation began[2] on November 22, 2005 with the release of Microsoft's Xbox 360 and continued with the release of Sony's PlayStation 3 on November 11, 2006 and Nintendo's Wii on November 19, 2006. Each new console introduced a new type of breakthrough technology

Kshitiz, I'd give it up if I were you, seriously. You're making yourself look like a proper fanboy.

PC's in their own right are good! We use them everyday, modern society needs them, we'd probably crumble now into the Stone-Age if we were to lose them.

Consoles, in their own right, give us "next-gen," abilities. PC's may be able to give us better graphics, better gameplay, more flexability. No where will they beat the convenience of a Console.

Getting back onto C09, I love how the likes of Funknath and his band of merry men have edited Wikipedia. It makes me smile.

Australian Classification Board has corrected their website from "Cricket 9" to "Cricket 09" . That show new Cricket game will be Called "Cricket 09"

Users who are viewing this thread