Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Nothing new in there. They're joining some dots based on what sangam has told them but as we've said already in this thread there will be a Cricket10, made by Trine released possibly Q3 2010 or possibly 2011 and there will also be a C09, made by EA Canada/HB Studios and released Q3 2009.

If PC members are saying there is a game then why Peter Moore is saying they have no plans of making new cricket game. Anyone have good proof?

Last edited:
Yeah, we've been wondering that too. Assume he's got to keep a lid on it for licencing/legal reasons for now. EA never confirm games before they're ready.

I guess if games are ought to be released, they are normally displayed on EA or HB studios sites as "coming soon"...however nothing is mentioned about any cricket game on any of the above sites as it was done for previous titles...this and peter moore's comments have somewhat confirmed the non-availability of a new cricket game at the moment..but we can expect it within a few months hopefully!!

Yeah, we've been wondering that too. Assume he's got to keep a lid on it for licencing/legal reasons for now. EA never confirm games before they're ready.
The game was going to be releases on 1th May but the date expired. There may be some problems.

Anyways we can confirm that there won't be Ashes as the Ashes license has been sold to Codemasters for their upcoming game Ashes Cricket 2009.

The Ashes license has been sold to Codemasters for their upcoming game Ashes Cricket 2009.[/QUOTE said:
I also think that still waiting for EA announcement

can we expect any more exclusives from planetcricket . I think our only hope for online cricket is with codemasters , we can but pray for decent ai and game play its all a bit poor efforts by ea and code at moment ..

can we expect any more exclusives from planetcricket . I think our only hope for online cricket is with codemasters , we can but pray for decent ai and game play its all a bit poor efforts by ea and code at moment ..

That's all the EA info for now but stay tuned for some Codemasters exclusives.

Maybe the EA one could have online play as well.

Users who are viewing this thread