Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I dont think there will be any Cricket 09 !! because T20 World cup is only a week away .. and if Cricket 09 has official license then whats the point releasing a game after the tournment is over !!

My guess is they will come back to cricket when reccession stops or probably look for next world cup if it is happening in AUS/NZ.

Video gaming is such a huge market now and I doubt a company as big as EA has been effected too much by the recession. Wasn't Cricket 07 released in January? or it could have been Cricket 2005, maybe EA will do that again, seeing as more cricket is played worldwide during an English winter as it is summer in most other cricketing nations

All of us know that EA's new game is just an update of CK2007 or 3rd episode of CK 2005. For that reason it does not make a difference to me whether the game will be released or not. Also the fact that Ashes cricket is being released with a lot more to offer than EA cricket, leaves me with no reason to buy Ck 2009. I will rather be saving my money for EA Cricket 2010 that i expect to be a lot better due to competition offered by Codies.

Here is what I think of EA Sports

ea_sucks.png

Last edited:
Like Smith said in Ashes thread, " We have finished the development but it's upto Codies to release the game! ", it is the same thing happening here. Though the game has been finished interms of development, EA doesn't want it to release.
  • May be they(EA) are not satisfied with the end product?
  • May be, they would be thinking for a better 2010 version rather than 07-polished version so called ICC WC 09.

who knows! :p One thing which I wonder is the first option... If EA is not satisfied with the end product, will the developers be still paid? Or since they are not satisfied, they will reject it without paying the developers the money!

I dont think ea will release cricket 09 this year.
so guys wait for cricket 2010 or 2011 world cup version.
very disappointed.
what happened to ea?

Last edited:
Like Smith said in Ashes thread, " We have finished the development but it's upto Codies to release the game! ", it is the same thing happening here. Though the game has been finished interms of development, EA doesn't want it to release.
  • May be they(EA) are not satisfied with the end product?
  • May be, they would be thinking for a better 2010 version rather than 07-polished version so called ICC WC 09.

who knows! :p One thing which I wonder is the first option... If EA is not satisfied with the end product, will the developers be still paid? Or since they are not satisfied, they will reject it without paying the developers the money!

I will be happy if HB Studios wont get any money from EA :D

If EA makes Cricket 04 again but with better graphic then it would be a great game.
No it won't. The lineups will revert to default after you save a game, the runouts will be terrible, it will rain for the entire match all the time and the keepers will let a ridiculous amount of byes past them.

Cricket04 sucked just as much as 05 and 07. Afterall they are all pretty much the same game. As I suspect 09 will be.

Users who are viewing this thread