Cricket 19 General Discussion

Set Up Shop

Banned
Guys does the line ups in career mode change regularly like Ashes ? If yes then does the line ups have unknown players ? Does the side batting second in C19 chases scores like 300+ in 20-25 overs in Ashes regularly. Because i don't want to spend almost 4k rupees. I bought Ashes and got so irritated with this in career mode in Ashes and had to give it back.

I’ve seen minimal line up changes in club cricket for any of the three formats - a few adjustments to batting order and a couple of ins and outs that’s all. Same goes for one format alone in the step up to first class. However there are different line ups for ODI domestic v first class domestic eg: Western Warriors Sheffield shield v one day.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can you name another non-management cricket game with the same scope of players/leagues?

to be fair, i think @Pinch hitter raises a valuable point, from the perspective of the creators actually.

if i am making e.g. a current county player, it would be nice if his on-disc generic counterpart is set up in a manner that would give a reasonable approximation of the actual player. mainly because this is less work. (let's say creating a player involves: face model/body, playface, logos/equipment, skills, perks then if the skills/perks are already done "realistically" that's a good help to us.)

but also let's say i'm making someone who doesn't have an on-disc counterpart, if i was to say "ok, i guess he's roughly approximate to a conservative, decent county-level journeyman spinner, and a stodgy defensive lower-order batsman..." and think of a current similar player, then that would be good guide in how to rate and set up that player.

one of the problems we've had in all the BA cricket games is setting up the players to play decently - i.e. that there's an appreciable difference between players at different levels, that AI is neither over or under powered etc. and this is where having the on-disc players set-up "properly" would help serve as a guide.

i appreciate your point regarding the scope of the leagues and players and therefore the amount of the work, but it feels like something that could/should be easily automated.

Set Up Shop

Banned
I LOVE seeing the crowd build over the day in the game (not as much as the lighting and shadow changes over the day which is one of my favourite things in the game) but I’d crave for the ability to set crowd size in the match settings. It’s weird playing club and state cricket in front of any crowd to be honest, yet alone a full stadium. Sheffield Shield and domestic one day matches in Australia would be lucky to pull in 1000 a day. Even test matches in some regions would be lucky to pull a few thousand (eg: sub continent, New Zealand, UAE).

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
to be fair, i think @Pinch hitter raises a valuable point, from the perspective of the creators actually.

if i am making e.g. a current county player, it would be nice if his on-disc generic counterpart is set up in a manner that would give a reasonable approximation of the actual player. mainly because this is less work. (let's say creating a player involves: face model/body, playface, logos/equipment, skills, perks then if the skills/perks are already done "realistically" that's a good help to us.)

but also let's say i'm making someone who doesn't have an on-disc counterpart, if i was to say "ok, i guess he's roughly approximate to a conservative, decent county-level journeyman spinner, and a stodgy defensive lower-order batsman..." and think of a current similar player, then that would be good guide in how to rate and set up that player.

one of the problems we've had in all the BA cricket games is setting up the players to play decently - i.e. that there's an appreciable difference between players at different levels, that AI is neither over or under powered etc. and this is where having the on-disc players set-up "properly" would help serve as a guide.

i appreciate your point regarding the scope of the leagues and players and therefore the amount of the work, but it feels like something that could/should be easily automated.

And I 100% appreciate (and to a large extent, agree) that perspective you've raised. Discussing the point within the self-contained context of the Big Ant series makes a lot of sense, I just don't know why it's being compared to other games when the reality is there is no comparison.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And I 100% appreciate (and to a large extent, agree) that perspective you've raised. Discussing the point within the self-contained context of the Big Ant series makes a lot of sense, I just don't know why it's being compared to other games when the reality is there is no comparison.

yeah to be fair when i read the rest of the "discussion" i wished I hadn't interjected!

Reactions: DAP

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I spent much of the last week of the beta going through the information of hundreds of players; balancing skills, adjusting mentalities and perks, adding players and correcting errors. I'd like to think it resulted in things being in a better state than they could've been. However time, and a big issue cropping up that I then focused on trying to resolve, prevented me from doing more. I've not seen it mentioned, although I've not been reading in great depths every single post since the release, but I think I did to some extent help with the big issue which is satisfying enough for me.

This was voluntary on my part and yes, there are still obvious issues. But if BA had put more resources into non-licensed players I think the game itself would probably have suffered.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I spent much of the last week of the beta going through the information of hundreds of players; balancing skills, adjusting mentalities and perks, adding players and correcting errors. I'd like to think it resulted in things being in a better state than they could've been. However time, and a big issue cropping up that I then focused on trying to resolve, prevented me from doing more. I've not seen it mentioned, although I've not been reading in great depths every single post since the release, but I think I did to some extent help with the big issue which is satisfying enough for me.

This was voluntary on my part and yes, there are still obvious issues. But if BA had put more resources into non-licensed players I think the game itself would probably have suffered.

i've been there on prior versions and i'm immensely grateful to you and others that have been doing so much to get that.

i'm definitely not suggesting BA had staff manually setting up the players, which would have been time consuming and detracted from the overall game.

what i am suggesting is that, given they know the engine and how it's supposed to work, it should have been possible for them to automate the settings of the non-licensed players in a broadly realistic manner and this would have helped creators a lot.

that being said, the game is so good it's hard to argue in respect of what they did/didn't spend time on.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I agree I might go overboard in that post by comparing the game with other, but it irritates and upset me when you (specially a admin) just pick that line instead of discussing the actual matter...
So I am sorry for that rude post...
Thanks @blockerdave for explaining the matter which I fail to explain it clearly...

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Very frustrating bug/issue on the latest patch on Xbox. Had two well timed shots in the air come towards my fielder (slow mo cam appearing like a catch is triggered) only for the ball to go through my fielder's stomach. That's two wickets I had been robbed of :(

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very frustrating bug/issue on the latest patch on Xbox. Had two well timed shots in the air come towards my fielder (slow mo cam appearing like a catch is triggered) only for the ball to go through my fielder's stomach. That's two wickets I had been robbed of :(
The way i see it is, even a well timed shots if not placed correctly, can result in the wicket.
We all see only 3 parameters (footwork, shot selection, timing) but there is another parameter that needs to be looked in, that is shot placement. If places in a gap, even an averagely times shot can reach the boundary.

I agree with you on ball passing through your fielder.

Users who are viewing this thread