Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's the first and only time its happened to me and although it did require a restart, not worth the time submitting a bug report. There are about 234 other bugs higher in the priority list then this especially as it seems to have only happened to me so far.

I didnt try to cancel the delivery or release early etc. I just bowled a standard delivery as I always do and the ball never left the hand. Noticed the stumps were flashing, somehow could see them flash through the umpires soul...so checked the replay.

If the match had carried on as normal I would have been impressed by the inclusion. But it crashed the game. So no

@bptuner
Were you watching me play? I did have two deliveries pass through the bat before this happened....
Complain about the developers but consider it not worth the time submitting a bug report to assist them. Makes sense. Luckily it seems like @MuchMore at least reported the issue. So, the developers themselves can decide where it sits on the priority list.

khan31

International Coach
Complain about the developers but consider it not worth the time submitting a bug report to assist them. Makes sense. Luckily it seems like @MuchMore at least reported the issue. So, the developers themselves can decide where it sits on the priority list.

I would hate for the devs to see bugs like this as low hanging fruit rather than tackle the more important issues with the game. You seem to have a lot of confidence in the devs prioritising correctly yet all the dev defenders on here go on about "only limited time / resources available" to sort issues. Well if that's the case then let's not spend the limited resource on such minor issues.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would hate for the devs to see bugs like this as low hanging fruit rather than tackle the more important issues with the game. You seem to have a lot of confidence in the devs prioritising correctly yet all the dev defenders on here go on about "only limited time / resources available" to sort issues. Well if that's the case then let's not spend the limited resource on such minor issues.
I can't say if it will be prioritized or fixed, but if it's causing the game to be literally unplayable (freezing and having to restart) I think that would make it a high priority.

Reactions: DAP

khan31

International Coach
I can't say if it will be prioritized or fixed, but if it's causing the game to be literally unplayable (freezing and having to restart) I think that would make it a high priority.

See earlier point about it only happening once to me and hardly anybody else encountering it...

FaizanN

Club Captain
Almost same innings like that of second t20..Rohit sharma getting out early from lbw,A decent partnership bwn virat n dhawan..and dhawan getting caught out near boundry

Sahil70

Club Captain
Its not really a joke, plays pretty well, just has no replay value at the moment and some of the removed features are annoying. Hopefully we get a patch soon.
I was talking about the over powered edges flying to the boundary. Downright annoying to bowl a good cutter or swinging ball, or even short one , only to have it fly of the edge for four and to make it even worse, hardly ever to a fielder. Yes it can happen at times as it does in real but not to the extent it does in the game. If that isn't fixed , then I will seriously consider not keeping the game.

Oh and the field setting change bug.

bptuner

School Cricketer
I was talking about the over powered edges flying to the boundary. Downright annoying to bowl a good cutter or swinging ball, or even short one , only to have it fly of the edge for four and to make it even worse, hardly ever to a fielder. Yes it can happen at times as it does in real but not to the extent it does in the game. If that isn't fixed , then I will seriously consider not keeping the game.

Oh and the field setting change bug.
Fair enough, btw if you set your field properly, you'll notice a lot less edges going to "no one". They wont all be catches but maybe just a single or even a dot. Just try and plug the gaps where the most OP edges are getting through, and don't forget, if your getting edges in the first place, its only a matter of time before they go to a fielder or get chopped onto the stumps.

If its the slip area your having a problem with, just put in a short third man, they clean up all the edges missed by slips and often the AI doesn't even try and run a single. The ridiculous edges to backward point are my biggest gripe, but actually having a backward point (and gully) helps. :)

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Fair enough, btw if you set your field properly, you'll notice a lot less edges going to "no one". They wont all be catches but maybe just a single or even a dot. Just try and plug the gaps where the most OP edges are getting through, and don't forget, if your getting edges in the first place, its only a matter of time before they go to a fielder or get chopped onto the stumps.

If its the slip area your having a problem with, just put in a short third man, they clean up all the edges missed by slips and often the AI doesn't even try and run a single. The ridiculous edges to backward point are my biggest gripe, but actually having a backward point (and gully) helps. :)
Sort of mate. You put a short third man and the edges fly away between gully and the 3rd slip. 90 % of the times you bowl short the edges just fly away like a bullet no matter where you place the fileder short third man, backward point, gully. They even fly over the head of the keeper. Yes it does happen in reality but not this much.

Dracos

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
upload_2019-9-22_15-12-56.png

How is this pitching in line for a left hander? Glad it was at least umpire's call on wicket, would have been annoying to lose a review for this.

Update: I just had another one where the batsman hit it and it was still ignored. Thankfully this time it was well outside leg and the decision was overturned. The review system looks a bit buggy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread