Cricket 19 General Discussion

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As has been said before, things are being worked on still but there is no indication of a timeframe when things might be released.

thanks, hopefully below concerns have also considered in that patch (already reported on bugs thread)

- flying cuts/edges
- sweep shots
- ground pattern for downloaded stadiums

bptuner

School Cricketer
Sort of mate. You put a short third man and the edges fly away between gully and the 3rd slip. 90 % of the times you bowl short the edges just fly away like a bullet no matter where you place the fileder short third man, backward point, gully. They even fly over the head of the keeper. Yes it does happen in reality but not this much.
With a short third man, backward point, gully and no short balls, you'll find a lot less edges. (to be fair, short balls are always unpredictable so don't be surprised when they don't do what you want)

I don't even bother bowling short anymore unless its with fine length control so it only bounces to about waist height. If I don't, there's only about 3 or 4 possible fielders that the batsman will automatically pull towards leading to automatic catches and its not worth trying to force a cut. Short balls get you easy 10WI even in tests with the leg side loaded.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My biggest issue with the game is the AI field placings. They can sometimes make batting so easy, particularly in red ball cricket. I've been 350/3 and they're still crowding the bat and bowling on my pads with maybe one or sometimes no fielder on the leg side.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My biggest issue with the game is the AI field placings. They can sometimes make batting so easy, particularly in red ball cricket. I've been 350/3 and they're still crowding the bat and bowling on my pads with maybe one or sometimes no fielder on the leg side.
Same issue I am facing as even though I hit consecutive boundaries in cover region then AI not make any changes in the field to place the fielder restrict the fours

fezza

Club Captain
I went back to playing Don Bradman 14 yesterday. I was shocked. It is amazing how much better Don Bradman gameplay is compared to Cricket 19. The bowling is more fluid, the field settings more realistic, there are outfield catches, there are fielders who actually dive for the ball and realistic AI run outs when trying to grab quick singles. The pitch also has a visible effect on the behaviour of the ball and the chance of either seamers or spinners being successful. There are also many more player customization options so that 1930s players actually look like 1930s players.

What in heaven's name has happened to this game? Why after four iterations has it has actually deteriorated? Is this why we have no new patch - have they simply lost their way completely?

D

Dutch

I went back to playing Don Bradman 14 yesterday. I was shocked. It is amazing how much better Don Bradman gameplay is compared to Cricket 19. The bowling is more fluid, the field settings more realistic, there are outfield catches, there are fielders who actually dive for the ball and realistic AI run outs when trying to grab quick singles. The pitch also has a visible effect on the behaviour of the ball and the chance of either seamers or spinners being successful. There are also many more player customization options so that 1930s players actually look like 1930s players.

What in heaven's name has happened to this game? Why after four iterations has it has actually deteriorated? Is this why we have no new patch - have they simply lost their way completely?
Why are you not happy if you have found a game that meets your expectations. Play DBC 14. No problem.

fezza

Club Captain
I just think for the next edition they need to go back to the Don Bradman 14 gameplay and start from there... obviously adding the new stadia, ground editors etc and dealing with the minor faults like the silly run outs. DB 14 is a better basis for a future cricket game. I don't know what went wrong with later iterations - it is partly that they went away from a hard-core simulation to a more arcade game and in doing so created more bugs and less cricket-like gameplay.

It is all a matter of opinion of course, but for those getting frustrated with Cricket 19 I'd certainly recommend picking up a copy of Don Bradman 14 if you don't have it.

D

Dutch

I just think for the next edition they need to go back to the Don Bradman 14 gameplay and start from there... obviously adding the new stadia, ground editors etc and dealing with the minor faults like the silly run outs. DB 14 is a better basis for a future cricket game. I don't know what went wrong with later iterations - it is partly that they went away from a hard-core simulation to a more arcade game and in doing so created more bugs and less cricket-like gameplay.

It is all a matter of opinion of course, but for those getting frustrated with Cricket 19 I'd certainly recommend picking up a copy of Don Bradman 14 if you don't have it.
Without Francobaldo's fearsome tweak bowling is broken in DBC 14........

Users who are viewing this thread