Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just think for the next edition they need to go back to the Don Bradman 14 gameplay and start from there... obviously adding the new stadia, ground editors etc and dealing with the minor faults like the silly run outs. DB 14 is a better basis for a future cricket game. I don't know what went wrong with later iterations - it is partly that they went away from a hard-core simulation to a more arcade game and in doing so created more bugs and less cricket-like gameplay.

It is all a matter of opinion of course, but for those getting frustrated with Cricket 19 I'd certainly recommend picking up a copy of Don Bradman 14 if you don't have it.
Let’s wait for their next iteration before judging...

HD6274

Club Cricketer
I have one question i have a youtube channel so if i add commentary of game into it will i get copyright?

D

Dutch

It is all a matter of opinion of course, but for those getting frustrated with Cricket 19 I'd certainly recommend picking up a copy of Don Bradman 14 if you don't have it.
I actually fired up DBC 14 yesterday and it does have a lot going for it, especially if you like playing retro teams and stuff. I can imagine it being worthwhile flipping between iterations to experience certain aspects. I would agree on one thing you mentioned: running between the wickets is much more challenging in DBC 14 because of the bullet like throwing which seems to be missing in Cricket 19. I am not wanting to initiate a "why is DBC 14 better the Cricket 19" debate. Personally there is too much going on in Cricket 19 that I feel is an improvement to think I would rather play DBC 14 than Cricket 19. I can imagine however setting up a nice retro situation in DBC 14 and playing that.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let’s wait for their next iteration before judging...
Cricket 19 was promised to be next iteration of DBC 14. I own cricket 19 on both XB1 and ps4 and I can say that it's more of Arcadey than DBC14. But bowling is way better than 14 with fielding and few batting shot animations like square drives, cut shots are weird and worse than 14. But the game at the moment needs a patch badly to address.
Main thing is AI is not making any field changes even though hitting boundaries conseaquantly in the same area.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
General improvements (according to me) that should be made in next patch/iteration of the game:
1) AI fielding. This involves both setting up the fields according to our play style and make taking singles challenging especially in the 30 yard circle.
2) Increase in the variety of edges. In hardest batting mode, 90% of the edges are to the wicket keeper when the user is batting. If edges are distributed between the slip cordon evenly, then the game will feel more realistic naturally.
3) Decrease the speed of the ball after it is edged. In ODIs, an unrealistic percentage of runs come from the AI edging the ball which rockets towards the boundary.
4) Some of the batting animations can be improved on. Personally i am a big fan of the offside shots but the legside half flick needs to go.

Of course other improvements regarding career and online modes should be implemented. As i seldom play these modes, i can not comment much.

I believe that Cricket 19 is a good game. The best thing going for it is the slider settings which actually affect the gameplay. I spend hours upon hours tinkering the settings. We should be thankful that Big Ant is actually trying. Small as they may be, the improvements are there with every iteration. I buy every iteration in the hopes that Big Ant will one day perfect the formula and give us that perfect cricket game. Just think about the next Big Ant game being on ps5. Please don't stop making cricket games. I love cricket.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi ,
Anyone using Ultra wide screens to play ??
21:9 .
Should we turn on Vsync on widescreens or off ?

Game looks stretched :( . If I if letter box turned on side black bars will be there . Big ants must make a way for widescreen players

Any Solution appreciated guys

D

Dutch

there will be no Cricket 20 most likely Cricket 21
Based on?[DOUBLEPOST=1569494110][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi ,
Anyone using Ultra wide screens to play ??
21:9 .
Should we turn on Vsync on widescreens or off ?

Game looks stretched :( . If I if letter box turned on side black bars will be there . Big ants must make a way for widescreen players

Any Solution appreciated guys
Best way to go is window mode not fullscreen. The game isnt optimized for widescreen so it will be stretched in full screen mode.

Users who are viewing this thread