Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi all. I am new to cricket 19. So I would be thankful if you all could clarify some of my doubts regarding cricket 19. Here are my doubts:

1. Some Batsman have a green bar when they come and bat their first ball. How can that happen?
2. What do the L1 and R1 buttons do when I am bowling. They say that it is LONGER/SHORTER pitch but what does that do?
3. Some Fielders drop catches even when I dragged the L stick towards the circle. Why does this happen? Note that this happens once in 5-10 catches.
4. What is Striker Skill Bonus which is there in the custom difficulty settings?
5. Can I download Uniforms without downloading the whole team? For Example, I want the Green Uniform for RCB in IPL. But I have to download the whole team to get that. Is there a way I can add or delete uniforms for specific teams?
6. What does Dusty, Dry, Grassy pitch etc.., indicate?
7. How does Pitch Age and pitch wear rate affect gameplay?
8. What does Conservative, Balanced, Aggressive, Brute etc.., mindset indicate?
9. In the controls guide, it says that pre batting, if you click L3, you can see the batman's strengths and weaknesses. But when I do so, I only see bowler's strengths and weaknesses. It's the vice versa when I am bowling.
10. Some shots are not available in standard controls. I watched the CPU play such shots. For example, the CPU plays a pull shot and lofts it over mid wicket. But I could play a pull shot over fine leg only. Is that not available in standard controls?

That's all :)

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Hi all. I am new to cricket 19. So I would be thankful if you all could clarify some of my doubts regarding cricket 19. Here are my doubts:

1. Some Batsman have a green bar when they come and bat their first ball. How can that happen?
2. What do the L1 and R1 buttons do when I am bowling. They say that it is LONGER/SHORTER pitch but what does that do?
3. Some Fielders drop catches even when I dragged the L stick towards the circle. Why does this happen? Note that this happens once in 5-10 catches.
4. What is Striker Skill Bonus which is there in the custom difficulty settings?
5. Can I download Uniforms without downloading the whole team? For Example, I want the Green Uniform for RCB in IPL. But I have to download the whole team to get that. Is there a way I can add or delete uniforms for specific teams?
6. What does Dusty, Dry, Grassy pitch etc.., indicate?
7. How does Pitch Age and pitch wear rate affect gameplay?
8. What does Conservative, Balanced, Aggressive, Brute etc.., mindset indicate?

That's all :)

1. You can come in full of confidence and that is what the bar indicates. Does the confidence system need a revamp? Yes. Is a batsman coming in fully confident a bug or flaw? No.
2. It modifies the type of delivery to be slightly fuller or slightly shorter - so a good delivery with L1 will pitch slightly shorter than the unmodified delivery while one with R1 will be slightly fuller.
3. Their catching stats mean they drop it I would imagine.
4. I have no idea.
5. Not sure.
6. What type of pitch it is. In theory a grassy pitch will be better for seamers while a dusty pitch will be better for bowlers and a dry pitch should crack more... That is the theory. In practice the differences are highly influenced by the hardness of the pitch (and even then the hardness of the pitch doesn't really work in the way you'd expect either)
7. as far as I can honestly tell having played multiple four day/five day games... not much.
8. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it indicates how they should play so an aggressive player will look to keep the scoreboard ticking, a brute will smack the ball to the boundary, a precise player will try and play and move the field. Same with the ball, brutes bowling lots of vicious balls (bouncers, faster deliveries), precise bowlers doing line and length etc...

faulkjer85

School Cricketer
Hello everyone, I purchased this game a month ago and recently started playing online. In few matches I could see the host of the match, when he is struggling to bat just goes into Pause menu. And once he is back he is able to hit the ball to all parts of the ground without any trouble. There Is something fishy about this. Is this kind of cheat

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone, I purchased this game a month ago and recently started playing online. In few matches I could see the host of the match, when he is struggling to bat just goes into Pause menu. And once he is back he is able to hit the ball to all parts of the ground without any trouble. There Is something fishy about this. Is this kind of cheat
@RAVI99 might know. Dude has played a lot of online.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
1. You can come in full of confidence and that is what the bar indicates. Does the confidence system need a revamp? Yes. Is a batsman coming in fully confident a bug or flaw? No.
2. It modifies the type of delivery to be slightly fuller or slightly shorter - so a good delivery with L1 will pitch slightly shorter than the unmodified delivery while one with R1 will be slightly fuller.
3. Their catching stats mean they drop it I would imagine.
4. I have no idea.
5. Not sure.
6. What type of pitch it is. In theory a grassy pitch will be better for seamers while a dusty pitch will be better for bowlers and a dry pitch should crack more... That is the theory. In practice the differences are highly influenced by the hardness of the pitch (and even then the hardness of the pitch doesn't really work in the way you'd expect either)
7. as far as I can honestly tell having played multiple four day/five day games... not much.
8. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it indicates how they should play so an aggressive player will look to keep the scoreboard ticking, a brute will smack the ball to the boundary, a precise player will try and play and move the field. Same with the ball, brutes bowling lots of vicious balls (bouncers, faster deliveries), precise bowlers doing line and length etc...
1. Ok thanks but is there a way I can bring some batsman at full confidence? Or is it purely luck based?
2. Thanks :)
3. I recently created a player and kept his fielding stats at 100% but then too he dropped a catch :/
4. Well OK
5. OK
6. Thanks for the info :)
7. OK
8. So, an aggressive player will try to look for boundaries and a brute will just smack it to the boundary and all. Does that mean brute players and aggressive players don't need to get set and can smack the ball to fours or sixes unlike precise and conservative players?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
1. Ok thanks but is there a way I can bring some batsman at full confidence? Or is it purely luck based?
2. Thanks :)
3. I recently created a player and kept his fielding stats at 100% but then too he dropped a catch :/
4. Well OK
5. OK
6. Thanks for the info :)
7. OK
8. So, an aggressive player will try to look for boundaries and a brute will just smack it to the boundary and all. Does that mean brute players and aggressive players don't need to get set and can smack the ball to fours or sixes unlike precise and conservative players?
In terms of point one, if they're scoring runs for a few games, they'll start at red but work their way to green much quicker. That applies for a single match as well, if you score runs in the first innings then generally it'll be yellow or dark green in the second innings (or gain confidence quickly)

Hardball

School Cricketer
Hi all. How to play different type of shots while batting at a Particular area? What I mean is, well, let's say I want to hit the ball for a six over fine leg. There are 3 types of shots I have seen so far. One is the usual pull shot. Other one is going behind and flicking the ball towards fine leg and other shot is putting your knee down and making room to hit the shot over fine leg {Like a sweep shot? but it's not a sweep shot for sure. It is like a combination of the ramp shot and sweep shot I guess.} How do you do these different type of shots? It's the same area and the same shot but played in back foot but the shot selection seems random. Is it just random or can you choose which variation of shot you would like to play?

Edit: I am using Standard controls.
I noticed same thing about 3rd shot. I find out it’s the direction of shot that determines which shot batter will play. Towards long leg batter will sweep & on square leg batter will play some power hitting shot.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I
In terms of point one, if they're scoring runs for a few games, they'll start at red but work their way to green much quicker. That applies for a single match as well, if you score runs in the first innings then generally it'll be yellow or dark green in the second innings (or gain confidence quickly)
I am asking about a T20 Match since that's the format I play most. I think you are referring to test matches.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Also one more thing, I was playing a T20 Match with Steve Smith as one Batsman. I played 42 balls and scored 39 runs with him but he still did not get set and his confidence did not turn green and at that time it was almost the 14th over. I tried tried loft. I got a good timing but since he was in yellow still, it did not go for a six. Why did his confidence not turn green? Is there a slider option in the settings which increases the confidence rate by a tiny bit?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Also one more thing, I was playing a T20 Match with Steve Smith as one Batsman. I played 42 balls and scored 39 runs with him but he still did not get set and his confidence did not turn green and at that time it was almost the 14th over. I tried tried loft. I got a good timing but since he was in yellow still, it did not go for a six. Why did his confidence not turn green? Is there a slider option in the settings which increases the confidence rate by a tiny bit?
Don't think there is a slider for confidence.

To me anyway, confidence is a mystery and I just speculate as to how it works. Honestly your guess is as good as mine as to how it goes.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Well I did notice something. When you try to loft the ball when a Batsman has a yellow confidence bar, I am pretty sure that there is a 50% chance the ball would go for a six. But if its green, I think it would be around 75-80% and as for light green, it would be around 95%. All these cases are based when the timing is ideal.
Post automatically merged:

Don't think there is a slider for confidence.

To me anyway, confidence is a mystery and I just speculate as to how it works. Honestly your guess is as good as mine as to how it goes.
Maybe it's striker skill bonus? Actually what does that slider even do?

Users who are viewing this thread