Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Power difference is a big factor in my experience. When you are in green the ball races to the boundary if you middle one.
Yep. That's what I said previously. But the problem is that even after i faced 42 balls and scored 39 runs, still, I did not get a green bar :/
I tried to loft the ball and I got ideal timing and shot choice and good footwork, but the ball went to the boundary fielder.
I am pretty sure thay if the bar was green, it would have been a different case.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yep. That's what I said previously. But the problem is that even after i faced 42 balls and scored 39 runs, still, I did not get a green bar :/
I tried to loft the ball and I got ideal timing and shot choice and good footwork, but the ball went to the boundary fielder.
I am pretty sure thay if the bar was green, it would have been a different case.
I think it depends how you score you runs. Boundaries boost confidence but just scoring and rotating the strike doesn't. So you can be fully confident in a test match within a few overs if you just leave balls. A couple of boundaries help. Powerplay can be easy because there are more gaps to score boundaries but coming in when the field is spread, when boundaries are more difficult to score, can lead to confidence levelling up slower. That's my experience anyway. Confidence should, in my opinion, be dependent on different factors for each format (maybe even different for each certain types of player).

Footwork has too great an impact on certain shots in my opinion, particularly if you are trying to slog. So unless you get Ideal x3 you might get a bigger nerf to the shot than I think is necessary. So you are more likely to get caught than clear the rope.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I think it depends how you score you runs. Boundaries boost confidence but just scoring and rotating the strike doesn't. So you can be fully confident in a test match within a few overs if you just leave balls. A couple of boundaries help. Powerplay can be easy because there are more gaps to score boundaries but coming in when the field is spread, when boundaries are more difficult to score, can lead to confidence levelling up slower. That's my experience anyway. Confidence should, in my opinion, be dependent on different factors for each format (maybe even different for each certain types of player).

Footwork has too great an impact on certain shots in my opinion, particularly if you are trying to slog. So unless you get Ideal x3 you might get a bigger nerf to the shot than I think is necessary. So you are more likely to get caught than clear the rope.
Well, actually in that T20 Match, I lost an early wicket and that's when Steve Smith came, I did hit 3 boundaries with him in the powerplay (1 went to the boundary because of an edge) Then the middle overs came and I just tried rotating the strike. Then, I hit a full toss ball for a six with him. But still, then too, no green bar :/

In that very much, after I lost Smith, I called stoinis and in his 3rd ball itself, I got 3 ideal and I smashed the ball for a six. Then, the next ball, i got an edge and by luck, the ball went to the boundary. After that, I took a single and then that over was done. In the next over itself, I saw a green bar for stoinis. I guess you have to loft the ball and HOPE that it goes for a boundary :/

I am curious, even after almost 2 years, no one found what striker skill bonus does? I GUESS that's an option to increase confidence rate? IDK

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, actually in that T20 Match, I lost an early wicket and that's when Steve Smith came, I did hit 3 boundaries with him in the powerplay (1 went to the boundary because of an edge) Then the middle overs came and I just tried rotating the strike. Then, I hit a full toss ball for a six with him. But still, then too, no green bar :/

In that very much, after I lost Smith, I called stoinis and in his 3rd ball itself, I got 3 ideal and I smashed the ball for a six. Then, the next ball, i got an edge and by luck, the ball went to the boundary. After that, I took a single and then that over was done. In the next over itself, I saw a green bar for stoinis. I guess you have to loft the ball and HOPE that it goes for a boundary :/

I am curious, even after almost 2 years, no one found what striker skill bonus does? I GUESS that's an option to increase confidence rate? IDK
The sliders have descriptions

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
The sliders have descriptions
I know. If I remember correctly, it said something like "The bonus points awarded to a batsman" or something like that. But what points? That's why I thought that maybe it is something like increasing confidence.

Last edited:

RAVI99

Club Captain
Also one more thing, I was playing a T20 Match with Steve Smith as one Batsman. I played 42 balls and scored 39 runs with him but he still did not get set and his confidence did not turn green and at that time it was almost the 14th over. I tried tried loft. I got a good timing but since he was in yellow still, it did not go for a six. Why did his confidence not turn green? Is there a slider option in the settings which increases the confidence rate by a tiny bit?
Confidence increases quickly if you hit few sixes and fours.
Even with 20 runs batsnans become full green.
Scoring 39 with no boundries he still stays in red.
You can try few perks for T20 T20 mindset and not afraid may be he reaches quiker to green.
My experience is based on online gameplay.
With 14 runs, also I got my batsman full green.
Post automatically merged:

Aye that might be true. Not sure I middle the ball enough to comment :D
Batting is easy with full confidence.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone please suggest what is better standard control or classic control in batting?Which option provide better batting experience?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Can anyone please suggest what is better standard control or classic control in batting?Which option provide better batting experience?
For beginners, standard is best since it's controls and learning process is easy. If you played previous big ant cricket games or have more experience, I would suggest classic controls. Its your choice.

Confidence increases quickly if you hit few sixes and fours.
Even with 20 runs batsnans become full green.
Scoring 39 with no boundries he still stays in red.
You can try few perks for T20 T20 mindset and not afraid may be he reaches quiker to green.
My experience is based on online gameplay.
With 14 runs, also I got my batsman full green.
That might be because you might have gotten those 14 runs in the death overs. But still, I did get 3 boundaries and 1 six in those 39 runs. I will play another match and tell you guys again.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
For beginners, standard is best since it's controls and learning process is easy. If you played previous big ant cricket games or have more experience, I would suggest classic controls. Its your choice.

That might be because you might have gotten those 14 runs in the death overs. But still, I did get 3 boundaries and 1 six in those 39 runs. I will play another match and tell you guys again.

This is true, but tbh I'd just take the time to learn the classic controls, it's a more rewarding experience.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi. Are there any ways I could:

1. Download only the team uniform and not the whole team in the academy.
2. Copy all the stats from one tournament to other? Because, there was one player missing in one of the teams and I added that player in that team. But i could not view him in my saved tournament. I know that most probably the answer would be no but it would be nice if there is one because in tournaments, a player's rating increases/decreases. (Can someone also care to explain why it decreases? And how I can increase their rating again?)
3. View the individual batting, bowling and fielding rating of a player in team select? Also can I view the number of 4s and 6s hit by a player including his strike rate if possible after an innings in the batting statistics? (This one's a must. I really want to know. It will be very helpful for me.)

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any way to play advancing shots without having to premeditate with pressing down on the right stick every time? I miss DBC 14's control of holding RB + joysticks to advance when you know the length of the ball. Maybe it might help for BA to allow the user to change the controls mapping so the user can customize their preferences to which buttons/triggers to hit for certain shots. Or am I missing that somewhere in the settings?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Is there any way to play advancing shots without having to premeditate with pressing down on the right stick every time? I miss DBC 14's control of holding RB + joysticks to advance when you know the length of the ball. Maybe it might help for BA to allow the user to change the controls mapping so the user can customize their preferences to which buttons/triggers to hit for certain shots. Or am I missing that somewhere in the settings?
As far as I know there is not any other way :(
You have to press the Right Stick every time to do so. But you can try to play some shot which could connect the bat or leave the ball. Or else you can press the right stick again after you see where the ball is going to cancel the advance shot. But I am afraid you won't have enough time and might end up getting a dot ball or just get out. I know it might be frustrating as I myself have got few dot balls and got out sometimes but when I do connect the ball, its awesome to see the ball going for a six or a four {Fours: Only in classic controls for some reason) :)

Rath0re

School Cricketer
Or use some custom controller mapping software

Hardball

School Cricketer
Special performance tip for PC

If anyone have jerks on full setting while playing on high end pc , use (ALT+TAB) game will be smooth , Don't know why but this tricks works for me

thx man, tried this and it worked, no more jerks/stuttering now. tried so many things before but nothing worked.

Users who are viewing this thread