Cricket 19 General Discussion

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had just got back into playing the game after a few months off then the patch came along.

As per usual, batting seems just a little bit harder, which is fine. I'm not saying that Hardest had become Arcade for me by any means but whilst you've got to adjust, what I've always loved about this game is the genuine challenge.

It mentioned something about the frame after the ball goes past the batsman and yeah, it's noticeably different. I had a few deliveries go through to the keeper that I really thought they'd nicked but they hadn't!

Fielding throws seem a lot harder and flatter though the camera doesn't seem to quite keep up with the throw. That said, I do play on quite a small screen, 20/21 inch.

Opposition (AI) running seemed a bit more aggressive (Better) though I did have a proper old school run out where the batsman just slid out of his crease. I was just throwing the ball back and to my surprise he was run out. Don't take us back to three or four of those every innings! Did have one or two teleporting/moonwalking fielders. My wicketkeeper took a blinder of a catch too, diving (Shall we say? Full stretch!) to his right.

Playing on Play Now, I was playing a ODI but even though you change the Match Type and Uniform, you do have to manually change the line-up (Well not the whole line-up but the format tab). I wish that it would default to the appropriate team for the selected Match Type (That you can then change if you want obviously). Glad that they've supposedly fixed the 12th man stats thing though.

I've seen the comments of others (Still suggesting that we'll get Cricket 21 before the Ashes) but I'm assuming that all this means we won't actually get another 'new' game for a year or two?!

Oh! I haven't looked yet but I'm assuming I can turn off the thumbs up/down when I'm moving about on my crease. Not sure that should be coming up on Hardest level really!

Appreciate that they keep working on the game and looking forward to playing more, the challenge of batting and the frustration but genuine thrill of bowling!
Big Ant cricket games are meant for Ashes series to be honest and not for IPL, CPL and Hundred format. Cricket 19 as Official game of the Ashes. So Every 2 years s new cricket game being developed for the all important Ashes. It's already 2.5 years older game then.

markied125

School Cricketer
Just Wondering how many Comptition Saves can u do on ps4/ps5 i know you can saves 10 slots on Xbox one and Series

faulkjer85

School Cricketer
Go to settings and disable the pitch marker. Options are provided only for our individual choices
Hello bro, I searched in settings menu. I am not able to find the option to disable the pitch marker. I was only able to see the length marker color changing option. It would be very helpful if you could provide a screenshot of where to find it.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
heres given options of Conservative-precise-balanced-aggressive-brute.

Its common sense these are referring to how the player plays but whats the base for it?

So for example is 'brute' is for players with 100+ sr or ??

And as for these terminologies in bowling. How does it affect the bowler? Does it mean an aggressive bowler will pick up wickets faster? (strike rate) or is referring to economy rate and lack of wickets? (conservative)

Is there some kind of help manual on this, i would love a read to get this clarified and dusted with
This is what I think from my experience:
BATTING:

Conservative - Players who take a lot of time to settle and hit the ball. I think this is perfect for Test Matches.
Precise - Players who get a boost in precise shot selection and timing and like to rotate the strike a lot.
Balanced - Self Explanatory.
Aggressive - Players who get a boost in aggressive shots and like to keep the score ticking.
Brute - Players who get a boost in their 6 hitting abilities and smack the ball over the rope.

As for the bowlers, I am not really sure.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I don't know if people already know this but I think for tapping the ball back to prevent a six, you need to bring the Analog Stick into the catching circle and press "Y" or "Triangle" instead of the button it is telling you. BUT I have tried this only once. Will tell more once I try it a few more times.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Is it possible that some players have image rights and so they can't copy their faces too accurately.
Hmmm, probably not, you either have the rights or you don't.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Hello bro, I searched in settings menu. I am not able to find the option to disable the pitch marker. I was only able to see the length marker color changing option. It would be very helpful if you could provide a screenshot of where to find it.
Where you purchased the game:: PS, steam or Xbox?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
What would be better during these times?

1. Continue Supporting Cricket 19 with new DLC's and gameplay fixes to improve the game significantly.
2. Make a new cricket 2021 game altogether with new things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread