Cricket 19 General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Folks, need a little bit of help regarding footwork...

I bat using Classic controls and struggle with deliveries which are wide outside off. For the deliveries which are a little bit outside off, pointing the Left Stick (LS) towards 1'0 clock works pretty well and you get 'Good' or 'Ideal' as the feedback. But for deliveries which are quite wide outside off, no matter which direction I point LS towards - 2'0 clock, 4'0 clock or 3'0 clock, I get either 'Poor' or 'OK' as the feedback.

I want to know how're you playing the wide deliveries outside off (almost wide ones), and are you able to nail the footwork ('Good' or 'Ideal')? Do share any tips. Also, share pointers on improving footwork while facing spinners. I generally get 'OK' footwork feedback while facing spinners and edge them quite a lot. Any help/feedback is appreciated.
What platform what difficulty level?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
See, this is how I have my tests set, and I've never had the run out issues

View attachment 254685
Been using this in a current match with Hard batting/bowling/fielding. Loving it atm, it's a lot harder to pick up wickets and their run rate is pretty much 3 where it's normally 4 an over. Real challenge but better than winning inside 3 days. Thanks mate!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Been using this in a current match with Hard batting/bowling/fielding. Loving it atm, it's a lot harder to pick up wickets and their run rate is pretty much 3 where it's normally 4 an over. Real challenge but better than winning inside 3 days. Thanks mate!

No worries. I just hope it fixes those damn run outs for people :D

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Latest challenges again, face most balls in 10 overs, HOW DO U FACE 146 balls???? Mr number 1

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Latest challenges again, face most balls in 10 overs, HOW DO U FACE 146 balls???? Mr number 1

IMO the challenges need to be looked at... in T20 it doesn't make much sense to have a challenge based on no. of deliveries faced. Such type of challenges make sense in longer formats and are more suited to Test matches. Shorter formats, especially T20s, should be about scoring runs, i.e., how many runs can you score without losing a wkt, or without getting bowled out.

cricfreak12

County Cricketer
LOL gotta love this millennial generation who has a memory timespan of a gold fish. Just because he isnt scoring 100s every other game, apparently Virat cant play outside off. Mind you his bread n butter shot is the cover drive, which he has mastered imo. Sad that the bowlers never get due credit. It always has to be the fault of the batsmen when they get dismissed. Never good bowling!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
LOL gotta love this millennial generation who has a memory timespan of a gold fish. Just because he isnt scoring 100s every other game, apparently Virat cant play outside off. Mind you his bread n butter shot is the cover drive, which he has mastered imo. Sad that the bowlers never get due credit. It always has to be the fault of the batsmen when they get dismissed. Never good bowling!
Bloody hell mate, its a bit of banter, relax.

cricfreak12

County Cricketer
Lets keep it on topic folks. All good here.
True I thought my post was a bit off-topic, got carried away as I have been reading the cricket discussion thread a lot and was in that mindset when replying. But I have been reading and hearing a lot of folks (not particularly in here) just outside noise, thought I could vent myself in here. Maybe as @GuyIncognito said I'll take it all as banter :)

Users who are viewing this thread