Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

manan19995

Club Cricketer
Do weather and conditions affect batting and bowling in this game??
conditions and weather are not affecting at all for me. I played on grassy slow pitch and pitch was behaving like flat track.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok, played a few matches and it seems the improvements are drastic.

1. I see faster loading and match times
2. Good UI improvements
3. Can hit shots in direction I want it to go
4. UI Scoring has improved based on formats.
5. Much more help options for example, it finally explained me all the screens in Career Mode.
Will post more as I find. I know @MattW mentioned this is equal to Patch 1.08 on PS4, so we are still one patch cycle back and that gives me happiness since I know there will better things ahead that are already ironed out.
Agree with all this. It being on par with PS4’s 1.08 Patch makes sense, as I did notice something was not fixed that’s already fine in PS4. So that’s awesome!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Ok, played a few matches and it seems the improvements are drastic.

1. I see faster loading and match times
2. Good UI improvements
3. Can hit shots in direction I want it to go
4. UI Scoring has improved based on formats.
5. Much more help options for example, it finally explained me all the screens in Career Mode.

Will post more as I find. I know @MattW mentioned this is equal to Patch 1.08 on PS4, so we are still one patch cycle back and that gives me happiness since I know there will better things ahead that are already ironed out.
Okay just remembered the missing fix. The only one that I've noticed missing from the Nintendo Swtich 1.0.2 Patch (which is par with 1.08 PS4) is the downloading of playface with the full team.

Just like the old PS4 version, where playfaces had to be downloaded individually after downloading the team or they'd miss the eyebrows, it's still there on the Swtich. Although things like lagging and all the updated camera views are there.

That's why I am only playing Ashes or Career Mode on Swtich, don't want to download players individually.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay just remembered the missing fix. The only one that I've noticed missing from the Nintendo Swtich 1.0.2 Patch (which is par with 1.08 PS4) is the downloading of playface with the full team.
Just to clarify, the switch version is prior to 1.08, so items listed in the post linked in the quote won't yet be available on Switch.
brings the Switch up to where the game was on PS4/Xbox prior to the 'Patch 1.08' detailed here. So the items listed in that post, and some fixes made subsequently will not yet be available on Switch.

A patch to bring the game up to par with what is currently on PS4/Xbox One is currently going through the process at Nintendo.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Just to clarify, the switch version is prior to 1.08, so items listed in the post linked in the quote won't yet be available on Switch.

A patch to bring the game up to par with what is currently on PS4/Xbox One is currently going through the process at Nintendo.
Okay. Thanks for the clarification, Matt! I know that process takes a while, though the game at this moment is already working quite well.

J1mDud3

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still no news? Have we been forgotten?

J1mDud3

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m starting to get a little frustrated with all of this. (Rightly or wrongly) I brought the PS4 version AND the Switch version when they were first released and I paid exactly the same amount for each of them so the fact the Switch version appears to have been completely neglected is rather annoying.

I know previously that Big Ant have laid the blame for this at Nintendo’s door but i’m starting to wonder about this. Other publishers don’t seem to be having a problem getting patches through on the Switch so I don’t know why BA can’t as well. If I was going to float theories around about this I would say that BA are trying to get a patch out but it’s not making it through QA at Nintendo’s end hence the hold up. Either that or they’ve just given up on the Switch version altogether.

Reactions: DAP

hackoder

County Cricketer
I initially defended BA for the slow rollout of the patch as well, but I think its been a month with the patch out on other platforms and nothing on the switch since then. At the very least, they should have better communication about what's happening.

I also got it on PC, where it was both cheaper (45 CAD vs 60 CAD on the switch), has faster updates, and obviously looks way better (but that is more about switch limitations I would think).

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I’m starting to get a little frustrated with all of this. (Rightly or wrongly) I brought the PS4 version AND the Switch version when they were first released and I paid exactly the same amount for each of them so the fact the Switch version appears to have been completely neglected is rather annoying.

I know previously that Big Ant have laid the blame for this at Nintendo’s door but i’m starting to wonder about this. Other publishers don’t seem to be having a problem getting patches through on the Switch so I don’t know why BA can’t as well. If I was going to float theories around about this I would say that BA are trying to get a patch out but it’s not making it through QA at Nintendo’s end hence the hold up. Either that or they’ve just given up on the Switch version altogether.
But, wouldn't Nintendo's social media handle not debunked if that were true!

Andybrwn7

School Cricketer
I have posted on Big Ants forum, but looking at other comments they don't read them, so I'm not holding my breath

imhassan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I don't think I'll be buying any Switch game from Big Ant ever again. This isn't the first time they've messed up things. Big Bash had its own set of issues with patching and performance which took a long time to fix.

Big Ant should know that they aren't the only publisher that creates games for Switch and other publishers also push patches regularly and on time.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So it seems we will not be getting any updates after all?

Users who are viewing this thread