Cricket 2002 PC Version - Coming soon...

A

Anonymous

Hey guys this forum has ded i've heard the demo comes out on the 15th of April and call me sad but i just can't wait! If u wanna look at some movies, and these are PS2 movies but the game will look the same then go to www.ps2cricket.com. Has anybody got any more news or info about the new game??

U

UnderTaker

Thats 'coz i used the guest facility to add a post.

Thanx
UnderTaker

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone tell me how to add the name and time of a posting when quoting?? From Zim -

However, on the PS2 version, the AI sucks.
The cpu can be bowled out for low totals. The batmen don't react to your field placings.

I was wondering Zimrahil if you played the game on Hard, or did you just play on normal? I found it to be a great challenge when I have hired out a PS2 and C2k2 on 3 occassions. Once I got it sussed I bowled out Aussie for 118 which is far too low and then reached that target for 2. This was on normal however and hopefully Hard is more difficult. On all other games on normal I had great difficulty winning. At least I don't get hit for 4 off every shot like in BLC/SWC no matter where I place the ball. I noticed too that I had to try very hard and think about where and what kind of delivery to use against the CPU, eg Straight, Off-cutter, Leg-cutter, slower delivery (this is far too slow in BLC), and what speed.

I found the field placings to be more realistic that BLC too, and hey - there's 3 custom so you can put them where you want them.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
hi Lou
I always play the game on hard - I dunno , maybe I have mastered the bowling on CK2K, but the cpu never scores many runs against me ( and I don't bowl those dreaded yorkers either !)

I find well pitched up good length deliveries coupled with good field placings just dries up the runs in ODI's. I have never seen the cpu react to my fields. Ie the cpu shot selection seems to depend only on type of delivery bowled. EG If I have mid on and mid off and bowl straight at the wickets, the cpu wll continue to play straight and on drives without ever attempting to step insideoutside the line and play some shots where the fielders aren't. Maybe other people have different experiences ??

Also, don't forget the default fields in Cricket 2002 are identical to those in BLC 98 on playstation 1 which is very bad !!

regards

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Zim,
I was just playing C2k2 this morning and am starting to realise it's weak points. I guess you'd notice them sooner since you own the game. I was wondering what the bugs were but this morning they were slapping me in the face. Many of these have already been talked about:

-Sometimes commentary keeps repeating or saying things at wrong time.
-Sometimes commentator says ball is going for four but doesn't, or isn't going for four, but does
-game can get stuck in an endless loop, eg of player catching ball over and over, and game crashes.
-some lbw's appear to not hit body, eg bat.
-ODI wides too restrictive
-fielders always throw with left arm
-pitch conditions in tests are lost when saved game restored (according to Zim)
-All umpires are dark-skinned (no whites)

Some other non-bug issues:
-The keeper is useless - okay maybe BLC keeper is a little too good but he should be somewhere between the two.
-You are right about the fielding positions - after checking them out again I think they aren't good, except for about 2 of them.
-Bowling is a bit slow. It appeared to be a bit faster on HARD, but the run-assist was unavailable and because of camera angles it is much harder to judge a run than BLC so I kept getting run out.

Having said all this I still think the game is better than BLC except for some facets. Pity they couldn't have kept all the good things about BLC and used them in C2k2. Fingers crossed the bugs are fixed in the PC version.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
yes, I think the bowling and battings models used in cricket 2002 are a step forward when compared to BLC. More variety when playing shots and more options when bowling etc.

However, the silly bugs and dodgy AI did let the PS2 version down in my opinion. The list you mentioned is only a sample of the many bugs in the game.

However on the EA cricket website forum, the admins are saying that they are fixing all the bugs as they find them for the PC version. If this is the case, then the PC version could be the successor to BLC we have all been waiting for.

Edited By zimrahil on April 16 2002 at 14:41

A

Anonymous

cricket 2002 is a waste of time compared to blc, the movements are so unreal. it doesnt give you that feel like blc, like ur actually playing live. No wonder codemasters isnt in any hurry to upgrade blc its way ahead of anyone else

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid12]Hey man when is the C2002 for the P.C releasing... The dates are postponing for long and could anyone tell me final release date ???????[/color]

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Hi saptarshi,
C2k2 for pc has been released and some people in OZ have already got it.We should get our copies in India in a week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread