Cricket 2004 bugs list

And is there a good reason for them not starting until a year after release - apart from the rolling around in a large amount of cash.

Originally posted by the twin
Has anyone already posted about the leg slips, leg gullys silly-mid ons and offs and whatnot never moving, only one bat-pad or pad-bat ever moves, often in the wrong direction?
If it wern't for this I could bowl teams out for 50

Do you use auto-fielding or manual?

It rained and then play resumed with about 10 minutes left in the day. Very unrealistic.
ZYou also have to be careful not to hit enter to jump to the next pitch if it has just started raining as the program freezes and it just continues raining. Let the program bring you to the next period of play.

Length of Day's Play

How can you change the number of overs that are bowled in one day. It seems to average about 82 overs, but in the County Championship they bowl 104 (of course thats with 6 1/2 hours of play). Is there any way to tweak this?

Originally posted by RTimewell
And is there a good reason for them not starting until a year after release - apart from the rolling around in a large amount of cash.

It's the cash like you say. HBS claim that their hands are tied on this as they can't make a patch until EA authorise them to make one. It takes a year for this to be possible.

Re: Length of Day's Play

Originally posted by SUSSEXMAN
How can you change the number of overs that are bowled in one day. It seems to average about 82 overs, but in the County Championship they bowl 104 (of course thats with 6 1/2 hours of play). Is there any way to tweak this?
This can't be fixed because there is only a program to change the number of overs of onedayers. (savtweak)
Maybe Shailesh could release another version that has tweaking for test matches also.

hi guys i have found all the bugs you have found but also i find that if u attack for a sustained period of time the game just stays at the menu.

Also i have been searching everywhere an can't find a West Indies Test Kit. can some one help me plz.:cool:

Originally posted by duffarama
Do you use auto-fielding or manual?

I use auto-field. I have tried manual field, the runout bug is 500 times worse and they always hit lame catches to me- and its hard not to catch them.

Anyway, even with manual fielding you can't control slips and bat-pads etc. until about 5 seconds after the ball is hit:mad:

Hmm yeah... you wonder why EA had the option for manual fielding anyway. It seems useless.
...and of coarse, no-one uses it anyway.

Rain Rain Go Away

What about the rain eh? It never stops..............................................................................

The trick is not to be too hasty in hitting the key ('S' button on gamepad). If you hit that when the players are rushing off, the whole thing freezes. Just wait and play resumes.

Cool, thanks for that info about not pressing the 's' button.
I usually do press the 's' button when the rain starts happening because I alway like to rush through my overs.
Oh well... now I know. :D

Originally posted by jdb4life
hi guys i have found all the bugs you have found but also i find that if u attack for a sustained period of time the game just stays at the menu.

Also i have been searching everywhere an can't find a West Indies Test Kit. can some one help me plz.:cool:

Yes I have noticed this. I was playing a ODI and batting second when, after the 23rd over, the game was stuck at the menu. When you press on Resume, it makes the sound but won't return to the game. Frustrating! I can't finish my game!

Users who are viewing this thread