Cricket 2004; General Help.

radders12

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm actually using Cricket 2005 for the ODI matches. If you look at the first ODI or two then that's using Cricket 2004. Can you take a screenshot using Fraps and post it on here so I can look?

As for the scorecard, I made that myself in Photoshop. It doesn't show up like that in-game.

Unfortunately because the game is so old you will get occasions where the ball passes through bat and what not. That even happens in Cricket 2005.

As for CTRL+ALT+DEL, I haven't played the game in a while but I'm sure it used to take me to the desktop after going on task manager. Have you tried the 'windows' button on your keyboard?

Not played the game in a little while, mainly due to not having time to sort out all the files, so this is all going off memory.

As for the story. Cheers mate. It's taken a lot of effort, but then again I did start it some 3/4 years ago, haha. There is no way to get highlights, I just take pictures using the replay option on the pause menu.

----------

It seems I like the use of 'As for the...'.

So your scorecard doesnt show anything like that when your playing C2004? Because I find the ones that are already set in the game to be quite boring and not the easiest to navigate - it'd be great if you could change the scorecard and impliment it in game.

Ive not been playing today or this evening, but ill attempt to download the programme and take a screen shot, same with the windows button.

I'd like the update kits and bats etc with names on the back like I saw in the screenshot.

Is there anywayto clear the game play? Make it more detailed and obvious. I still have the issue of having my own created player, not have his stats registered on the county season - its growing frustrating.

PS could you find the link to the first ODI the one you played on c04?

Edit - just tried the windows key and it didnt work.

Last edited:

radders12

School Cricketer
Right this is where I am with the whole patching etc.

I click the patch, click download. A small grey box pops up saying, binary file Save file or Cancel. It then downloads to my little downloads list in the top left of the page. I click it and it says Run or Cancel, I click run. Another small box comes up in the top left it says '7 zip self extracting archive' and in the small white box that I can enter text into it says 'C:users/myname/downloads, the options below are to extract or cancel. I click extract it then extracts 100% the file closes and im left with my download list in the top left again and a normal screen like nothing happens.

What do I do?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well where are you extracting the file to?

Its also better to save the file rather then 'running' the file.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You need to be downloading/extracting to C > Program Files > EA Sports > Cricket 2004.

Are you using Windows 7? Found that the files go to the 'virtual store' and then once you extract them you have to copy them back into the location above. It's made things a little complex, have to admit.

radders12

School Cricketer
See im kind of stuck with all the lingo. When I get to the stage I am at I dont see any Program > EA sports > Cricket 2004 list which means the things that have been said above are kind of irrelelvant to me. Im kind of blind and deaf, as aposed to just being blind.

I'l have another blast through and see what happens, then get back to you.

EDIT - I have extracted it correctly to that file place, however when I go back to my desktop and click into programe files, ea sports, then cricket 2004 there's no file named 'Sams exe' which is the file ive tried to extract. Its like yanking teeth this - once I get it, it'l all fall into place and ill need no more help.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It won't have the sams.exe on your desktop.

You just double click the new .exe you've extracted.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
He doesn't mean it's on the desktop.

Are you using Windows 7? If so, there will be something that says 'Compatability Files' at the top of the folder (Next to 'new folder', 'edit' and what not). Click that and it should be in there. You will have to move it back into the main folder.

Users who are viewing this thread