Cricket 2004; General Help.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've had this problem on my laptop. Turns out you can't play the game whilst the AC battery is plugged into the wall. So try that if you're on a laptop.

radders12

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive managed to get it working now, but ive lowered the power my laptop is working at to 'minimum'. I take it these patches are in the 'cricket 2004' download section.

Another thing - Is there anyway to make you further away from the action in the gameplay mode? You literally see the wicket, the keeper and a batpad if there is one it feels to close up?

radders12

School Cricketer
Ok mate cheers for all your help - just a couple of other things.

- I've created my own player and put him into the warwickshire county side and have started a season with them. However his batting average never shows up, his stats dont appear in the 'team' options like the rest of the batsmen.

- Also my team selection constantly returns to default before every match meaning I have to mess around changing the line-up before every match.

Thanks for the link - is there a guide to it? As im absolutely dire with anything 'computers'.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok mate cheers for all your help - just a couple of other things.

- I've created my own player and put him into the warwickshire county side and have started a season with them. However his batting average never shows up, his stats dont appear in the 'team' options like the rest of the batsmen.

Did you create him in game or using the player editor? Not sure if it makes a difference.

- Also my team selection constantly returns to default before every match meaning I have to mess around changing the line-up before every match.

Download the line-up editor. Set the line-up to your preffered XI then save. Each game it will always have that order as default from then on.

----------

Oh and as for a guide, no there's not. But there are read me's in all the downloads that say how they are used/where they should be placed on your computer. Think the sections are fairly self explanatory (Gameplay patches, Kits, Editors, ect.) and there should be info on what the specific download is when you click on them.

radders12

School Cricketer
Im probably already getting on your nerves but - I have located the patches im interested in, pressed download and them am un-sure from where to go from there, ive clicked save and then clicked run the file, but after that im stuck?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You need to extract them using some kind of un-zip program. Winzip is good but the free trial only lasts a certain amount of time. I have '7-zip file manager'. You need to extract them to the correct folder, which should be mentioned in the readme file in the folder.

radders12

School Cricketer
It sounds pretty complicated. So if for example I download the file as you suggested above, I click on the patch I want to download. From there could you give me really obvious click to click steps to help me get it done?

Cheers treva, really appreciate all your help.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Right.

- You download the patch you want. Save it in the Cricket 2004 root directory.
- You right click on the file and open it in winzip or 7-zip, whatever you have.
- You then press 'extract' which should be somewhere in the options at the top of the program.
- You extract it to where you saved the file in the first place.
- Then open up the read me notepad file and see if there are any other additional steps.

radders12

School Cricketer
Been having a little look into this and seem to be getting on ok so far, ive downloaded the programme etc. Im just struggling with saving the file to the correct locations and stuff.

Is it possible/allowed to give screenshots and a story with my game like you did with yours?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You need to download a program called Fraps (Just search it in google). It allows you to take videos and screenshots in the game. For some reason Print Screen doesn't work.

radders12

School Cricketer
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...eptember-8th-2007-india-england-38112-52.html

Treva - how did you get such clean detail of not only the players, but the pitch and match screen? Mine looks poorly pixeled still, the ball is un-defined etc and occasional blips still allow the ball to pass through the bat.

Also - how did you get the scorecard in that format? Im still stuck with the old one?

I also have this issue -
When im playing the game, I still can't get it windowed etc, when I press CTRL+ALT + DELETE i get windows task manager up on a completely different screen, not the game closing and me being at my desktop. Is this a common issue or am I misisng something? I definetely want my game to look like yours there! Highlights? How do you get highlights?

Superb storyline btw - looks like its taken some SERIOUS effort.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm actually using Cricket 2005 for the ODI matches. If you look at the first ODI or two then that's using Cricket 2004. Can you take a screenshot using Fraps and post it on here so I can look?

As for the scorecard, I made that myself in Photoshop. It doesn't show up like that in-game.

Unfortunately because the game is so old you will get occasions where the ball passes through bat and what not. That even happens in Cricket 2005.

As for CTRL+ALT+DEL, I haven't played the game in a while but I'm sure it used to take me to the desktop after going on task manager. Have you tried the 'windows' button on your keyboard?

Not played the game in a little while, mainly due to not having time to sort out all the files, so this is all going off memory.

As for the story. Cheers mate. It's taken a lot of effort, but then again I did start it some 3/4 years ago, haha. There is no way to get highlights, I just take pictures using the replay option on the pause menu.

----------

It seems I like the use of 'As for the...'.

Users who are viewing this thread