Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

bhail256

Club Cricketer
i got off work early just to play the demo! got another 20 mins remainin! hope its worth it ... but now that i read the reviews, i think im gonna get real mad :mad:

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
how would you(the people who have played the demo) reate it with respect to blic.

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Well the best part is that the controls are same as in C2K4 so you wont take time to adjust to it.
I was able to hit six in the very first game I played by coming down the track.
I had following types of dismissal so far in three games I played: Catch at covers, Catch at short fine leg during sweep, c & b, bowled by quick delivery of Clarke, Stumping, run outs.

Best part is that you can adjust the Display properties in game itself unlike C2K4 where you need to exit the game for that.

Also the highlights of FOW at the end are really cool.

The players expression look very real and now you can see them opening their mouth and showing their expression (especially when the umpire rules against the lbw decision)

You can also see the worried captain face when the batsman hits the bowler for SIX (please refer to screesnhot in earlier page)

You can hear the crowds cheer for every single run scored.

You can see the fielders hitting on bowlers bump in excitement when he takes wicket.

Overall EA has improved drastically in graphic and animation department.

One bug that I have obeserved so far is PIP (player in player) when the batsman clashes with the keeper.

This is just the intial review... will post more sson.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well my download ended about half an hour ago...I was just eatin dinner :p

Review and screens coming up.

razzreloaded

School Cricketer
hey sunsamrat1980 what graphics card are you using...i need somthing like that for my pc..let me know
it looks awesome

bhail256

Club Cricketer
0601731 said:
how would you(the people who have played the demo) reate it with respect to blic.

if i read the earlier pages right, i think i am bound to be dissapointed!

nickypoo

School Cricketer
Well I have played both demos.
I think that BLIC is much more complete.
The animations for both games are good but BLIC edges it. C2005 animations are much improve but the batsman still looks like hes holding thin air.
The Physics of the ball are alot better in BLIC, the ball literally flys off the pads on c2005, and then goes hardly anywhere when you actually hit the ball, this may however maybe my timing. I did not hit one four and i wasnt exactly playing defensively. BLIC however its very stasfying when you play the correct shot to watch it fly off the middle for four. However it doesnt always go for four, just a bit more realism. It rewards inteeligence aswell. The CPU sets correct field which will contain your batsman if the keep hitting off drives for four they will variate the bowling or set an offside field. If you mindlessly try and smash sixes without thinking about fielder positions, you will get out. You have to pick the right balls to hit otherwise you will get out. You can push singles hitting into gaps and keep the score ticking over which is near impossible to do in c2005.
Bugswise, I didnt experience any in c2005 and ive play for about 75mins but i havent bowled so i havent experienced it fully. BLIC has one or two minor ones such as bowlers following the ball.
Bowling in BLIC is great, its easier to bowl fast with a better bowler and you can really tell the difference between a bowler like Harmison to say Collingwood. Both games seem to have spin and swing. My main problem with BLIC is that the bowling meter is very unforgiving if you dont get it almost completely on the line it will go at 60mph which you are unlikely to see say flintoff ever do in a real game.
Extra Features
Highlights from EA are nothing special and EA track are nothing recognisable. BLIC's feilding meters are excellent and a great addition. the commentry is also great. I hear something new on each play.
Graphics Ea is ok, players do look weird stadia is good. BLIC player faces are recognisable. The bats etc are great and very detailed right down to jaguar logo on micheal vaughans bat.
Overall
BLIC-9, very complete simulator, yet accesible
C2005-7.5-8 Seems OK from batting big improvement from c2004. I might get it.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Uh oh...any one else get this:
I have uninstalled it...now I'll re-install...

Attachments

• AnyC00078.JPG
    AnyC00078.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 400
  • AnyC00080.JPG
    AnyC00080.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 378
  • AnyC00082.JPG
    AnyC00082.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 362

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
I played the demo about 10 times. I've got to say it was boring.
When batting with Pietersen I kept hitting everything for 6. This might just be because of the EASY mode, and not reflecting on the AI itself.
Coming to the bowling AI, I didnt really see anything improved from Cricket 2004. There are probably a lot more variations, and a bit more movement.
My biggest problem is that the only improvement from Cricket 2004 comes from the graphics side. But the graphics are really professional. All the animations are well captured and the fielding looks quite good. The pitch looks great too.
The gameplay is as slow as hell...you're waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to come. And then you turn to have a look at your TV...
No real improvement in shots you can play. They look quite similar to the previous version. One change was when I played the leg side slog I got stumped! Without advancing.
I didn't encounter many bugs. Like the fielder always throwing to the keeper. Also there were no no-balls, but we'll see about that in the full version.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Thanks guys for your views. Graphics looks superb, but does it require high end pc. What setting and frames are you getting( smoother gameplay).

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
the computer bowls no balls, and contrary to what someone said earlier. ball hit the pad and traveled down to point and another hit off the pad and went maybe 6 feet square of the wicket. not too bad

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Nice review nickypoo. I wish we could have little more than 3 overs and explore the game little more but anyway I am happy to download it and will see it myself.

chri$$$

School Cricketer
my download just finished and this game is terrible the gameplay is so slow the graphics are great .. but gameplay very poor ... dissapointed by EA .. will definately spend my hard earned ?30 on Brian Lara Internation Cricket 2005

Users who are viewing this thread