Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

Adarsh said:
Are you sure that it is not 'malicious'. What if my computer is being attacked or hacked? I'm scared.

lol, stop being a wimp and take a chance :p
i allowed it and the demo didnt work, zorax allowed it and the demo didnt work
maybe it will work for you if you try it

I can't get the demo to work at all, click on the icon and the screen just flickers a bit and I return to desktop. Everything is updated and I have a decent system with a good graphics card, radeon 9700pro.

Nav-D said:
I can't get the demo to work at all, click on the icon and the screen just flickers a bit and I return to desktop. Everything is updated and I have a decent system with a good graphics card, radeon 9700pro.

exactly what happens with me
difference is i have a slowish system, pentium III, 980MHz, and i have no proper graphics card
wonder what the problem is?

Adarsh said:
Are you sure that it is not 'malicious'. What if my computer is being attacked or hacked? I'm scared.
ask EASports that whether it is 'malicious' or not becoz its their file

The script is not malicious at all, the anti virus software just assumes it may be malicious.

I doubt it is malicious as well. I think norton just picks up any script and assumes they are all malicious unless the user says its not. Cricket 2004 had a similar problem with its Autorun menu so this Cricket 2005 one should be fine to run.

Ste

I just played the demo for 20 minutes, all i can say is WOW! OMG absolute crap! :eek:
at 256mb ram, 64 mb of video card memory and 1.70 ghz processor speed, the graphics ran and were crap, absolute crap graphics.

i know friend, norton or other antivirus s/w think any script which runs .exe/executable file as a malicious one

Asjad said:
I just played the demo for 20 minutes, all i can say is WOW! OMG absolute crap! :eek:
at 256mb ram, 64 mb of video card memory and 1.70 ghz processor speed, the graphics ran and were crap, absolute crap graphics.

If you go on "My Cricket" on the main menu and graphics options you can change the resolution to make it higher. The default when I played it was 800x600 so this maybe a default resolution in the demo as my desktop resolution is higher but it didnt use that by default.

Ste

The gfx were not crap i ran it at 1600x1200 res, and i got no malicious script warning but i use NOD32 anti virus which kicks nortons ass :) Also it didnt run slow on my machine but i got a high end beast tho :D

St0ney said:
OK ive just pld the demo for an hour.And it is a massive improvement over cricket 2004.The gfx are awesome ,the animations are great very smooth,i havent seen any glitches or bugs,the bowling that people are saying is slow is a bit over the top its not that bad,plus u gotta consider your facing spin for 3 overs,i mean last time i checked spin bowlers are slow :D.

All these codemaster fanboys really annoy me with there put down of this game,trust me guys im giving my honest unbiased opinion here this game is not as bad as they would have u think and i for 1 is buying this game it plays a solid game of cricket and hell this is only the demo.

I've also seen the Brian Lara game in action and it too looks really good nice animations and good looking gameplay,some dodgy bits also but nothing serious like batsmen are very static after playing a shot and not taking any runs they tend to stand like statues but no big deal.

So really we got 2 very good cricket games coming out both will have there faults and good points i for 1 will get them both.

So to clarify that EA cricket 2005 is a very good solid looking cricket game and that aint no bull****. :)

I agree, Im sure there are some bugs to come up (just like the bugs coming up in the BLIC demo) but the game looks amazing, the keeper fields the ball this time around, fielders throw to either end with a bit more inteligence, the dynamic camera is sweet, the bowling is a little slow, but it isn't a fast bowler, so it makes sense, the fielders don't skate around, (have seen it a once or twice, but nothing like C2004), cutscenes are per situation (sky'd a ball and the fielder dropped the catch, the bowler in the cutscene was not impressed!) facial expresions are very nice, and diving into the crease rocks!

Adarsh said:
I am using Norton Antivirus. the standard options available are:
Stop this script (recommended)
Allow this activity once
Allow the entire script once
Quarantine this script (what is this??)
Authorize this script (what is this??)

So what do you plan to do? I am very disappointed. :crying

accept it its fine .. i have norton anti virus 2005 and norton systemworks
authorize this script click that one mate :)

Users who are viewing this thread